Cindy Crawford Unretouched Image

If she released it, she's pretty friggen awesome. It's nice to see an icon of beauty being slightly less than perfect. Agree? What do you think?

B9uP_e7IEAAcx-i.jpg

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Like Sophia Loren, I believe she'll age gracefully.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Gives me hope. I am her age and have to realize that even if I reach my goal weight I will never look like someone in their 20s. Bravo to her for being honest.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    The sun damage inspires me to keep up with my sunscreen. But truthfully, even untouched she looks amazing. Not just for her age but for a human being. She's lovely.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    On one hand, I absolutely applaud her. She looks beautiful. And I wish more celebs would show what they really look like. I mean... they already have genetics, makeup artist, hair stylists, professional photographers, stylists, nutritionists, personal trainers, and the best skin care regimens money can buy. If after all that, you think your photos need to be retouched, there's something wrong between the ears.

But the snarky side of me thinks, "Hey... she's beautiful, but she looks her age." And there's absolutely nothing wrong with looking your age. But I find it distasteful that she's on late night infomercials hawking her line of skin care products that are supposed to be some kind of revolutionary anti-aging miracle. I'm just a few years younger than Cindy. My siblings are her age and older. Most of my friends are between 35-65. And, supermodel genetics aside, she doesn't look any better, more youthful, than any of us. And none of us are using "our ultimate youth-enhancing system." Nor Botox.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I remember when Jamie Lee Curtis did something similar. She is another who is aging gracefully and accepting the inevitable changes.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member

But the snarky side of me thinks, "Hey... she's beautiful, but she looks her age." And there's absolutely nothing wrong with looking your age. But I find it distasteful that she's on late night infomercials hawking her line of skin care products that are supposed to be some kind of revolutionary anti-aging miracle.

Agree.
  • I think looks older than her age there B) but everyone's entitled to a bad pic now and then. I do wish more realistic photos would work their way into the fashion world. The impossible standards are so ridiculously unhealthy.

• Lindsay_the_great
    But the snarky side of me thinks, "Hey... she's beautiful, but she looks her age." And there's absolutely nothing wrong with looking your age. But I find it distasteful that she's on late night infomercials hawking her line of skin care products that are supposed to be some kind of revolutionary anti-aging miracle. I'm just a few years younger than Cindy. My siblings are her age and older. Most of my friends are between 35-65. And, supermodel genetics aside, she doesn't look any better, more youthful, than any of us. And none of us are using "our ultimate youth-enhancing system." Nor Botox.

Interesting. I wasn't aware she was promoting such a product. I can't fault her, though. At this point in her life her name is pretty much her best asset. The supermodel celebrity days are over and she's not getting any younger. I guess she has to make a living somehow. If someone is dull enough to think a product is going to prevent them from getting old (and eventually dying) I don't really feel sorry for them for falling for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    On one hand, I absolutely applaud her. She looks beautiful. And I wish more celebs would show what they really look like. I mean... they already have genetics, makeup artist, hair stylists, professional photographers, stylists, nutritionists, personal trainers, and the best skin care regimens money can buy. If after all that, you think your photos need to be retouched, there's something wrong between the ears.

You can't fault her for advertising though, especially if she's under contract. There are many more people who are younger than she and you both that look MUCH older due to how their skin appears. Now granted some epidermal cream, etc. may not change it much, but she's making a buck of how she looks. That's her job.
    You know she didn't produce, manufacture, or create any of the line. She's just a spokesperson.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    lots of haters in this thread
  • Lindsay_the_great
    salembambi wrote: »

Funny. I thought everyone was being pretty positive. I looked back at the comments and still don't see any haters.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    She looks great!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    salembambi wrote: »

Funny. I thought everyone was being pretty positive. I looked back at the comments and still don't see any haters.

i see at least 50
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    Wow, she looks perfect! More beautiful here than with all the airbrushing :) There is something about natural beauty that is so incredible-no flaws here!
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    *kitten*, you're 50, put your damn shirt on.

Sorry, that's my initial reaction.

She has such a perfect face, why does the body even matter. I mean she has the most perfect face of almost any human i've ever seen......you're a middle aged woman, leave it at that with some Chanel classic suit or something.

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    I think she's brave to put herself out there for criticism. She's not that much older than I am - if anything, this pic motivates me to keep working out and taking care of my body. I've become rather fond of having a strong body, muscles and defined abs...I plan to keep them as I age. :)
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think her face looks good, but her body does not which I'm surprised. I met a 50 year old regular woman who looked amazing compared to Crawford. She honestly looked to be about 35 years old. It was summer time and she was wearing a pair of tasteful short shorts. Her skin looked amazing! She said all she's done over the past few decades was 1)use sunscreen 2)oil her skin every night after showering and 3)Drink pretty much nothing but water.

With her great results I would think that Crawford would look just as amazing as her with her access to the best of the best. Did she only use sunscreen on her face and not the rest of her body?

But, I really don't care. Her life and looks are still 100% better than mine.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    I think she's brave to put herself out there for criticism. She's not that much older than I am - if anything, this pic motivates me to keep working out and taking care of my body. I've become rather fond of having a strong body, muscles and defined abs...I plan to keep them as I age. :)

I got news for you, at some point your plan is going to go awry......

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    _Tink_ wrote: »

I got news for you, at some point your plan is going to go awry......

Most likely. But short of illness or injury, it's not going to be at the young age of 50.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    The sun damage inspires me to keep up with my sunscreen. But truthfully, even untouched she looks amazing. Not just for her age but for a human being. She's lovely.

I was thinking the same thing. She looks great, but yes to sunscreen! And good for her for releasing a true imagine of herself. Not easy for anyone to do in society today, especially for someone who is her age. She looks awesome for any age, IMO.