Cindy Crawford Unretouched Image

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    I don't/never thought Tom Cruise looked good with his shirt off TBH.

Feel better now?

Oh, and Cindy Crawford is 90 times better looking than TC....TC, is just some lucky *kitten* guy who worked hard and fit an all american stereotype really well for a decade to decade and a half in the American psyche....his career hasn't been relevant for awhile really.

I don't feel better because my twin brother looks like Tom Cruise. Lol

• Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I think she's brave to put herself out there for criticism. She's not that much older than I am - if anything, this pic motivates me to keep working out and taking care of my body. I've become rather fond of having a strong body, muscles and defined abs...I plan to keep them as I age. :)

I got news for you, at some point your plan is going to go awry......

if7l1ffcvcdy.jpg

72. ^^^^

Definitely something to work towards!!

And hope you have the genetics for.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Athos282 wrote: »
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I think she's brave to put herself out there for criticism. She's not that much older than I am - if anything, this pic motivates me to keep working out and taking care of my body. I've become rather fond of having a strong body, muscles and defined abs...I plan to keep them as I age. :)

I got news for you, at some point your plan is going to go awry......

if7l1ffcvcdy.jpg

72. ^^^^

Definitely something to work towards!!

And hope you have the genetics for.

Genetics can't be changed, but fitness and a healthy lifestyle are choices.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    I am not trying to be an *kitten* but I think they purposely made her look older. I thought she was perhaps between 56 and 60 and then I looked and it says she's 48. I don't think she has the body of a 48-year-old I know a lot of 48-year-olds who are in very good condition for a model…anyhow I just think there's something fishy about this picture.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    So for people posting pics of genetic outliers at 70, what point do you think you're making.

It's like dumb people who tell young people school isn't important bc X,Y,Z genius didn't finish college.

Ya, Steve Jobs didn't finish Stanford; your dumbass needs that Bachelors from Michigan St. bc you aren't going to start Microsoft.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    So for people posting pics of genetic outliers at 70, what point do you think you're making.

It's like dumb people who tell young people school isn't important bc X,Y,Z genius didn't finish college.

Ya, Steve Jobs didn't finish Stanford; your dumbass needs that Bachelors from Michigan St. bc you aren't going to start Microsoft.

Who is the lady in that photo suppose to be? If that picture isn't touched up then it definitely is "an outlier".
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited February 2015

My great grandmother was still doing high kicks in high heels and arm wrestling into her 90's. She was a dancer and always into fitness. Is it ok to use her as an example since I am related to her and share a similar lifestyle as her?
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Photoshop creates false illusions, this is more real than anyone can conceive..... we need more photos like this so our youth can get a true grasp of reality. If I looked as good as she does, I would flaunt like her.

Out of all the comments, this is the one that seems to make any sense, she doesn't need money, she could've touched it all up and made herself look like a goddess. But she didn't. Any anyone on this thread turn her away, damn crazy if you ask me.
  • BigBadWolf__
    BigBadWolf__ Posts: 158 Member
    Part of aging gracefully is knowing when to keep your shirt on in public

She was a model. So, It makes sense why a photographer wanted to do this photo shoot with her. And in art all kinds of bodies are photographed or painted. It doesn't have to be for turning on guys in their 20's.

No, it doesn't... she's taking it off to make women in their 40s and 50s buy overpriced merchandise using a publicity stunt designed to enamor her with a generation of people who are struggling with aging and body image. How noble of her.

Lets not call this art, it does good art injustice. There is art (both modern and classical) that better addresses ages and its struggles. This is purely a PR ploy that has been focus group tested and integrated into a broader marketing campaign designed to sell people more "stuff" much like the Dove campaign a year ago that. The one whose message went something like: "You're not supermodel thin and we still love you. Now buy our body wash or we won't be able to love you anymore."

i'm not trying to be an *kitten*. However, I also dislike the trend of turning people into overnight heroes for things that don't deserve that kind of reaction. This isn't shaming her for her age or her body. Its calling things what they are, just as I did in my far more abbreviated earlier post.

She is brave for publicizing the picture but she doesn't look good. However, that is what aging does. It changes us. Part of that change is within our psyche where we have to accept and embrace the passing of our youth and appreciate ourselves for more than the firmness of our skin or the absence of wrinkles. Clinging on to our youth, as she seems to be trying to do, is both a self-defeating objective and incredibly awkward (much like that picture). There is no deliberate irony in that picture. There is just awkwardness made worse but the crass materialism that inspired it.

• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Y'all, she didn't release this photo deliberately; it was leaked. It's an unretouched photo from a traditional photo shoot for Marie Claire that they never used. It would have been photoshopped within an inch of its life if they'd decided to use it.

She wasn't "brave to release it". She may very well have been horrified to see this passed around the internet, but now she's going to have to put a happy/brave face on to protect her image.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Here's some of the photos that actually ran in the magazine spread from that photoshoot.

Marie+Claire+Mexico+December+2013+3.jpg

Marie+Claire+Mexico+December+2013+4.jpg

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member

LMAO @zaxx1953
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    From what I have read, this photo was leaked. Ms. Crawford did not put it out there.

I am sure we have all taken a bad picture in our lives. Unflattering lighting, poor posture, an awkward angle can combine to create an image that even photoshop can't fix. I am sure that for every profile selfie most of us have posted, there are several other pics we've discarded because they weren't good enough to share. This was simply one of those photos from the reject pile.

Which is not to say Cindy looks bad. She's a genetically blessed woman who has taken good care of herself over the years. I think it is sad that our culture expects women in their 40s and 50s to look exactly as they did in their 20s. Should I be sad that my boobs aren't as perky as they were back in college…or proud that they nourished three boys for more than a year of their lives? Should I let the loose wrinkly skin on my tummy get me down, or be amazed that my body was able to carry three healthy babies? Should I be upset about the smile lines on my face or the crinkles around my eyes, or simply remember the joys that etched these lines in the first place?
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited February 2015
    Part of aging gracefully is knowing when to keep your shirt on in public

She was a model. So, It makes sense why a photographer wanted to do this photo shoot with her. And in art all kinds of bodies are photographed or painted. It doesn't have to be for turning on guys in their 20's.

No, it doesn't... she's taking it off to make women in their 40s and 50s buy overpriced merchandise using a publicity stunt designed to enamor her with a generation of people who are struggling with aging and body image. How noble of her.

Lets not call this art, it does good art injustice. There is art (both modern and classical) that better addresses ages and its struggles. This is purely a PR ploy that has been focus group tested and integrated into a broader marketing campaign designed to sell people more "stuff" much like the Dove campaign a year ago that. The one whose message went something like: "You're not supermodel thin and we still love you. Now buy our body wash or we won't be able to love you anymore."

i'm not trying to be an *kitten*. However, I also dislike the trend of turning people into overnight heroes for things that don't deserve that kind of reaction. This isn't shaming her for her age or her body. Its calling things what they are, just as I did in my far more abbreviated earlier post.

She is brave for publicizing the picture but she doesn't look good. However, that is what aging does. It changes us. Part of that change is within our psyche where we have to accept and embrace the passing of our youth and appreciate ourselves for more than the firmness of our skin or the absence of wrinkles. Clinging on to our youth, as she seems to be trying to do, is both a self-defeating objective and incredibly awkward (much like that picture). There is no deliberate irony in that picture. There is just awkwardness made worse but the crass materialism that inspired it.

I don't know anything about this photo beyond just seeing it right here in this thread. Also, I never said that all art is good art.

She doesn't look good to you. But, she looks good to some men that are her age.

• 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    I think it's kind of funny that anyone would expect her to look much different. She's 50!

Anyone who's been to a pool or beach should know that 50 year-old women don't look like 20 year-old women. And that's life.

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    7elizamae wrote: »
    I think it's kind of funny that anyone would expect her to look much different. She's 50!

Anyone who's been to a pool or beach should know that 50 year-old women don't look like 20 year-old women. And that's life.

Technically, she'll be 49 this week. But the photo was from a little over a year ago. Not that a couple years makes that much difference.