BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    rosebette wrote: »
    Part of aging gracefully is knowing when to keep your shirt on in public

Aging gracefully:
    article-0-0C02824900000578-954_233x478.jpg
    70 years old.
    Helen Mirren is my idol. Seeing that picture makes me want to let my hair go gray.

I know, right? She's more than twice my age and looks a million times better than me. I think she's fantastic. Grey hair and all..my hair will probably be almost that grey in a few years, if my mom and grandma are anything to go by..thanks genetics!

I started getting white hair when I was 17. I started coloring it a few years ago. I'm more than 50% white hair now. It's white (not gray), sparkly, shiny, silky soft and healthy. I just started growing it out 5 weeks ago!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    ilfaith wrote: »
    From what I have read, this photo was leaked. Ms. Crawford did not put it out there.

I am sure we have all taken a bad picture in our lives. Unflattering lighting, poor posture, an awkward angle can combine to create an image that even photoshop can't fix. I am sure that for every profile selfie most of us have posted, there are several other pics we've discarded because they weren't good enough to share. This was simply one of those photos from the reject pile.

Which is not to say Cindy looks bad. She's a genetically blessed woman who has taken good care of herself over the years. I think it is sad that our culture expects women in their 40s and 50s to look exactly as they did in their 20s. Should I be sad that my boobs aren't as perky as they were back in college…or proud that they nourished three boys for more than a year of their lives? Should I let the loose wrinkly skin on my tummy get me down, or be amazed that my body was able to carry three healthy babies? Should I be upset about the smile lines on my face or the crinkles around my eyes, or simply remember the joys that etched these lines in the first place?

I really like this ((Hug)) You are an amazing woman.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    rosebette wrote: »
    Part of aging gracefully is knowing when to keep your shirt on in public

Aging gracefully:
    article-0-0C02824900000578-954_233x478.jpg
    70 years old.
    Helen Mirren is my idol. Seeing that picture makes me want to let my hair go gray.

I know, right? She's more than twice my age and looks a million times better than me. I think she's fantastic. Grey hair and all..my hair will probably be almost that grey in a few years, if my mom and grandma are anything to go by..thanks genetics!

I started getting white hair when I was 17. I started coloring it a few years ago. I'm more than 50% white hair now. It's white (not gray), sparkly, shiny, silky soft and healthy. I just started growing it out 5 weeks ago!

My hair is exactly the same way! Yeah it's white hair too, not even grey, and really healthy and shiny too. I'm 30 this year and I found my first white hair at about 17. I am going to have to decide soon if I'm going to colour it or not. I probably won't, my hair is waist length and really thick so colouring it would be insane and I'm sure as hell not going to cut it. I'll just go with it I guess.

I wish I hadn't colored it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Wow, for someone being used as a spokesperson for skin care products, hers looks horrible! Eeek!