Gaaaah

So I ate a brownie today, because a girl at my lunch table made them for us
It was very large, very chocolatey, and very delicious
It was also 600 calories, which is half of my recommended daily intake of calories
I've only been going at this for a week, and I've been doing pretty good so far, but this event made today suck.

help? :grumble:

Replies

• marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    So I ate a brownie today, because a girl at my lunch table made them for us
    It was very large, very chocolatey, and very delicious
    It was also 600 calories, which is half of my recommended daily intake of calories
    I've only been going at this for a week, and I've been doing pretty good so far, but this event made today suck.

help? :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Can you get some exercise in today to help offset the damage? :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Awww, you'll be ok! These things will happen.

Since this is a lifestyle change, it takes some time to get every single thing under control. Don't stress out over these kinds of things. They will happen simply because this is a learning process.

But, the good news is they will happen much less as you get used to this more and more and it will become second nature.

My advice.......take a deep breath, relax and move forward. It wasn't one brownie to make you gain weight and one brownie won't ruin your progress unless you let it! :wink:

Take care!
    -Tami
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    That's all I can think of.... Exercise and a lighter afternoon.
  • Don't worry so much about a single day or a single meal honey!

Mybe you could set aside some calories during the week that you know you are going to use to "splurge" on something small and yet delicious.

Or maybe determine how many sweets you can have in a week, say 3, and then just know that you can have 3 small sweets that you don't have to feel bad about!

You can do it! You are going to be healthier and feel better and the results are going to last a lifetime!!
  • I know exacly how you feel, I'm having a really bad day, I'm 300 over from a binge earlier on and now I'm really hungry =/

I guess we should just say, tomorrow is another day :wink:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    I agree. You're doing well if this is your first treat in week. It's ok to have one. In moderation.

I figure...once in a while is much better then once a day.
  • yeah it takes a while also to figure out how many calories and sugars etc is in each item, and how to get it all to work out, how to make the balance sheet balance out at the end of the day...;)