Couples - Post your success pictures and or story

Replies

• TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Outstanding!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    This thread is great. Awesome work everyone! My wife and I are on this journey together too, bumping this to show her later today.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    bump
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    bump
  • STLBADGIRL
    I'm looking for more couples to share their stories and post success pictures!!! Lets DO IT!!!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Hey guys I saw some amazing pictures of couples that lost weight, which inspires me to lose weight with my wife. Do anybody have any advice on how I can motivate my wife to work out with me?
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Wizeman22 wrote: »
    Hey guys I saw some amazing pictures of couples that lost weight, which inspires me to lose weight with my wife. Do anybody have any advice on how I can motivate my wife to work out with me?

Is your wife on board with losing weight? If so, that's half the battle! I never was athletic or liked exercise, so I focused primarily on my food first, then started walking. So I'd recommend starting slow, just asking for a nightly after dinner walk and maybe eventually work up to signing up for a 5K walk (or run!). Honestly, though, I personally don't like to work out with my husband (or anyone really) I'm too self conscious.

• bonniegoodeye
    bonniegoodeye Posts: 290 Member
    mamadon wrote: »
    Here's ours! The after picture is actually several months ago, but is the most recent I have. It's wonderful doing this together!
    We have lost a combined total of 220 pounds.

33o06rk.jpg
    pm3qr.jpg

Wow! Awesome job! You both look great. Btw, I have the same Lane Bryant tank tops and love them! I'm a 18/20 top now, but still like to wear the 26/28 version since It tends to hug all the bumps and lumps in the smaller versions.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Wizeman22 wrote: »

@Wizeman22 What worked for me was a mini contest b/c I am competitive. Sell her on the vision of you alls healthy future and reward her for making a good healthy decision. It can be something simple as getting a couple's massage, a nice something that she always wanted, new gym clothes, etc. For me, it was a new bike. I worked my tail off to lose 20 lbs to get a new bike - to do even more exercises. Make it fun and be sensitive about it. I would also show her this thread to show her that couples are working out together and having success. I think your success rate is higher if both partners (even the entire family) are committed to the journey!!! Make sure you report back on your success :)
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Thank you. I will take your advice and keep you and everyone else posted.
  • stapark
    stapark Posts: 35 Member
    ckmnacln wrote: »
    My hubby and I work out together and push/motivate each other. I lost 70 pounds from 2008-2009 and have maintained but just started toning up. He has been up and down for years but recently got serious again. We have 6 kids together. :)@ChadW4521‌
    Beautiful family!
  • STLBADGIRL
    bmp
  • STLBADGIRL
    bump
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Loving this thread. My hubby is also losing weight because he's supporting a change to a healthy lifestyle. Can't wait to post the before and afters of us... coming eventually :smiley:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    @ckmnacln WOW! How do the two of you find time to exercise in a gym at the same time?! You look amazing!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Cutest thread ever.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!