Honest opinion on muscular women?

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    iensxzp18if2.jpg

Andreia Brazier <3

Holy SMOKES! Sigh...someday, I WILL have that. Clearly I favor the muscular look (for myself). Of course, that's not an "everyday" look--that's competition only level of body fat. Dem legs are a thing of beauty.

For anyone else, I love whatever their healthy goals are. Really, I love all bodies, and admire everyone for going for their best level of fitness-whatever that is. THAT is what is admirable and desirable--dedication and drive <3
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I really have no preference but I do prefer my ladies confident in themselves so rather they are thick or thin as long as they are happy and confident in themselves and their bodies that is what I find hot.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    iensxzp18if2.jpg

Andreia Brazier <3

Holy SMOKES! Sigh...someday, I WILL have that. Clearly I favor the muscular look (for myself). Of course, that's not an "everyday" look--that's competition only level of body fat. Dem legs are a thing of beauty.

For anyone else, I love whatever their healthy goals are. Really, I love all bodies, and admire everyone for going for their best level of fitness-whatever that is. THAT is what is admirable and desirable--dedication and drive <3

2nd that.
  • iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    'I love whatever their healthy goals are. Really, I love all bodies, and admire everyone for going for their best level of fitness-whatever that is. THAT is what is admirable and desirable--dedication and drive <3' # I do prefer my ladies confident in themselves so rather they are thick or thin as long as they are happy and confident in themselves and their bodies that is what I find hot.'

aww, well said. I couldn't agree more. How nice the pair of you xXxXx
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    I honestly think that it's a great look. I could only assume negative remarks from men about strong and physically superior women come from insecurity about themselves.

I think we need to see more women lifting as a matter of fact. If anyone thinks a woman cannot look good because she's ripped, all I got to say is Dana Linn Bailey.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited February 2015
    well, this was an amazingly useful thread that contributed significantly to the greater knowledge.

also lulling hard at the "muscular" pic. ror
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Nothing sexier imho than a women that looks like they lift, I think muscular women look hot. What I don't like is geared women lifters pro bodybuilders because all the gear that they take make them become masculine but natural women lifters look amazing weather it's bodybuilding or powerlifting
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2015
    http://www.apocalipsisnutrition.com/sites/default/files/jamie-eason.png

Not sure how to post pics so they show without clicking the link.

But basically Jamie Eason's body is what I think is super sexy and would love to attain. Specifically as it looks in this image. There are others of her with a range of bf%, but this would be my sweet spot.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I love how somehow somewhere someone knows how all men feel.

I'm physically attracted to a variety of women - from thin to medium built, from soft to athletic to well above average musculature. Muscle looks great. Slender looks great. Curvy looks great. Strong is great. Ability to do amazing things is hot.

But why does it matter what I like? I also like snails and pork rinds.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I love how somehow somewhere someone knows how all men feel.

I'm physically attracted to a variety of women - from thin to medium built, from soft to athletic to well above average musculature. Muscle looks great. Slender looks great. Curvy looks great. Strong is great. Ability to do amazing things is hot.

But why does it matter what I like? I also like snails and pork rinds.

:laugh:

You know all the men have a secret meeting to vote on what's attractive. I've seen the minutes. ;)

OP I agree with DavPul. The only thing that matters is that you're happy with your body and that you're healthy. There will be men who are attracted to you no matter what you look like, and there will be men who are attracted to you in spite of the fact that you're not their usual "type."

Personally I think muscles are sexy as hell, but I prefer a little higher body fat than most women achieve for contest prep. I prefer mine around 18-20% . *shrug* That's worth the same as everyone else's opinion here.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Different men like different looks, the person who said "men don't like some kind of look" is wrong. Do what you like and I guarantee there will be a man who will find it attractive.

Personally, I like strong, but only if there is enough body fat to cover it up (for both men and women). Only back definition is attractive to me. I tend to gravitate towards the "dancer" look with larger thighs, and towards the proportionate plus size model look. For myself, I see my ideal self closer to those classic hourglass women with a little more body fat (size 12 or so).

The dancer look:
    4hm7ufv2v1g0.jpg
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    OP didn't stick around long, account has been deactivated.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    If you are happy with your body, then don't worry about it. Regardless of what you do in life, other people will always have an opinion about it. In my opinion, caring about what they think is just way too exhausting.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    This woman was but one of the reasons I loved Insanity. If I could choose my ideal body type, this would be it. Nicely defined arms and shoulders; nice thick upper legs and nicely defined calves. Yum!

img-2-1200x320.jpg
  • I gain muscle too I only train that I lift .... I could careless what guys think I love it lol don't worry
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited February 2015
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I think YOU should be happy with YOUR body. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Pretty much this^^^

And as far as what men like, there isn't a one size fits all ideal...everyone has different tastes.

I personally prefer an athletic look like girls who play sports usually have...particularly soccer girls.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    It doesn't matter what men prefer (and shame on your family for saying so), it's what you prefer. Put the work in for the body you want, nobody else.

Well done on your hard work so far and maybe you just need to switch it up a bit on your upper workouts to get the definition you want in your arms?

For me, the more muscular I can get, the better. Getting to 'that bodybuilder' look is never going to happen for me, training naturally, so it's not something I need to consider but regardless of size, when I see a woman with any kind of musculature I just think, damn nice job!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    OP didn't stick around long, account has been deactivated.

That's because it was a man posing as a girl, and he was outed.

So does that mean that you're going to deactivate once everyone else realizes that you're doing the same thing, but in reverse?
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    I LOVE the fit, trained semi muscular women look, whether it's from an active lifestyle, gym, running, dancing, walking, it signifies a healthy attitude to life :)