Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    salemnye wrote: »
    My fitbit is probably 1/3 steps from driving (I'm in a car from 2-3 hours if my 8.5 hour shift). I don't eat calories back unless I'm actually exercising and I'm hungry afterwards.

I use the charity miles app on my phone, but generally only when I'm out walking for exercise. Out of curiosity, I set it once just to see how much I do when I go out for regular grocery shopping - usually takes 2-3 stores. I was happy to see the number when I was done, until I realized it must have counted the stop and go at stoplights. Either that, or I really did walk around in Aldi, Walmart and Kroger for 3 miles, not likely. I felt kind of bad, but since the whole point is that the miles you walk equate to charity donations, I figured it was for the best.

Not sure about the total mileage in those three stores, but I know when I do my normal rotation through Target, it's about 1 mile. :)

I could probably do 1 mile in Walmart, since ours is the kind that's a full grocery store attached to a regular walmart, but Aldi is tiny, only 4 aisles total, and they're not very long.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    emilyesq wrote: »
    My first post on these forums is going to be a truly ridiculous confession...

I've managed to rid my house of pretty much everything I'd be inclined to snack on. I've been very diligent about logging my calories and working out every day. I've been so proud of myself!

Last night, I was craving food - nothing specific, I just wanted to eat SOMETHING, despite knowing I wasn't actually hungry at all.

So my parrot has these little treats that are basically 1.5cm balls of seeds and crushed nuts, called Nutri-Berries... I ate 4 of them before I even realized what I was doing.

I even tried to look up the calorie content online, but I guess no parrot owner has needed that information. I am a ridiculous human.

I love this post! I've tried most of my pets' food over the years. My brother and I used to get drunk and challenge each other to eat weird stuff that we had around the house. Fish food is the worst, dog food/treats are really bland but not terrible, bird food/treats are definitely the best. LOL!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I confess that I am absolutely in love with what my booty looks like.

And I'm a momma that does what she wants, when she wants, and still has time for my two year old. ;)

I confess some MAJOR assumptions were made about a parenting life from some child-free individuals
    , and that irritates me because we still save, we still buy what we want. We can still have fun while being parents and it makes me sad how some child-free people see us.

I can see that happening, but I've also been on the receiving end of assumptions from friends who have children. I remember a friend of mine made a comment about if she had my life she'd never have an issues paying her bills and I just don't know how hard it is to budget for 4 kids. It took everything in me to not say "it was your choice to have 4 kids." Plus, the comment came from nowhere, all I was doing was making sure that I didn't forget to pay my student loan bill. I wasn't complaining about not having money. It was weird.

• hdrenollet
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    No kids here. I want to travel. I want to write. I want to have fun.

Kids would either kill, or greatly delay that.

Some people say that's selfish. I figure it's selfish to add more people to an overpopulated planet just because I think I'm supposed to.

People also ask "who's going to take care of you when you're old?"

Well if that's the reason you had kids you are doing it very wrong.

YES! I've loved all the responses to my original post about not having kids, but this one is spot on! I don't see having kids as being necessary. So having them just to have them seems ridiculous. And maybe I'm selfish too. I also like to do my own thing, and spend my money on myself (and my dog :) )

I'm glad I'm not the only one. In my day to day life I have a small group of friends and family. And everyone around my age that I'm close to has been in a serious relationship for about a decade. So I am always the odd person out at social events.

I really need to try to find single friends so I have someone to hang out with!

Let my just start by saying that I have two children, 4 & 1.5 and I applaud you people who know you don't want kids. Seriously. It's not for everyone. It's okay to be selfish. You know what you want and that is a good thing. After my cousin got married, her husband got a vasectomy (he was like 22) because they knew they never wanted children.

Confession: I'm not a kid person. I really don't like other little kids. Just my own, I love them to death, but could care less about other peoples kids.

I can't stand other people's kids!! They drive me absolutely insane!! I have 3 boys, and they drive me crazy sometimes too, but I wouldn't give up my kids for the world.
  • jaceytr0n
    jaceytr0n Posts: 9 Member
    I'm scared to go somewhere because I might eat something bad. Vague I know but still.
  • jaceytr0n
    jaceytr0n Posts: 9 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

If it makes you feel better, I can't do jumping jacks without peeing a little lol. Thanks twin pregnancy.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Confession: I feel bad for all the people eating peanut butter out of the jar without stirring syrup into it first. I can't have peanut butter and syrup in the house at the same time.

I always thought my husband was a weirdo for putting syrup and peanut butter on his waffles/pancakes. I didn't know it was a thing. I still haven't tried it and we've been married for almost 15 years.

• MoHousdon
    KMaggi3 wrote: »
    My good friend has been begging me to try Nutella for a while now. I kept saying "nah". Finally broke down and tried a small spoonful and now I'm hooked. I wish I'd never tried it because now it's like a freaking DRUG for me! I could eat it straight out of the jar. Ugh. Once I'm done with this one, I'll NEVER buy that stuff again!!

This is EXACTLY why I haven't tried it, or the cookie butter!

Quik, still haven't opened the Biscoff. I'm scared I'll end up eating the whole jar.

• fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Wow, this has way too much information guys! Sometimes it's better to just keep your thoughts to yourself! Yikes!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession- I was introduced to velveeta when I moved to the Midwest. I'm now a big fan. I even like it cold, right off the "loaf".

Every one and their mother is too classy for velveeta, but I'm not.

Try it with Rotel and a tiny bit of milk and some browned hamburger and homemade tortilla chips if you haven't yet. It's so good. I have been known to eat this in place of "real food" on more than one occasion.

I actually have a mini-crockpot that is only used for Velveeta, Rotel and Jimmy Dean Sausage

I've contemplated purchasing a mini crockpot for that very same reason. :smile:

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Confession: I feel bad for all the people eating peanut butter out of the jar without stirring syrup into it first. I can't have peanut butter and syrup in the house at the same time.

I always thought my husband was a weirdo for putting syrup and peanut butter on his waffles/pancakes. I didn't know it was a thing. I still haven't tried it and we've been married for almost 15 years.

I married into a peanut butter on pancakes family. I did try it, can't stand it. I don't mind pb with honey, but syrup is just too sweet (and these days I have to ration what little bit of sweet stuff I do have, so definitely not worth it).
  • hdrenollet

My kids learn this by the time they're 1 year old. I can't eat them any other way. I've tried pancakes at restaurants, but can't ever make it through a plate - they are just so bland. I've gotten everyone I've ever cooked breakfast for hooked on this method of eating pancakes :smile:
  • hdrenollet
    Confession: I'm enjoying this thread a lot more than I should be...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member

We always stirred peanut butter and syrup together and ate it on white bread (or straight out of the bowl). I've never tried it on pancakes! I'll have to try it the next time I have waffles or pancakes.
  • MoHousdon
    hdrenollet wrote: »

My kids learn this by the time they're 1 year old. I can't eat them any other way. I've tried pancakes at restaurants, but can't ever make it through a plate - they are just so bland. I've gotten everyone I've ever cooked breakfast for hooked on this method of eating pancakes :smile:

Maybe the next time he makes waffles/pancakes, I'll try it. Has to be chunky peanut butter though.

Confession: NOW I'm really hungry...

• hdrenollet
    I'm getting hungry too... my "lunch" wasn't satisfying enough to endure talks of peanut butter pancakes that I haven't eaten in over 3 months... Ugh!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    I lied when I said I ate a whole bag of Hershey reece cup mini's because I was depressed about not seeing my grandbaby, the truth is they were all melty from sitting in the hot car and I ate them because I wanted them and they were damned good and I have no regrets. I may even buy another bag just to put in the hot car again to enjoy all the goodness. After all I'm broken and I don't want to be fixed :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    salemnye wrote: »
    My fitbit is probably 1/3 steps from driving (I'm in a car from 2-3 hours if my 8.5 hour shift). I don't eat calories back unless I'm actually exercising and I'm hungry afterwards.

I use the charity miles app on my phone, but generally only when I'm out walking for exercise. Out of curiosity, I set it once just to see how much I do when I go out for regular grocery shopping - usually takes 2-3 stores. I was happy to see the number when I was done, until I realized it must have counted the stop and go at stoplights. Either that, or I really did walk around in Aldi, Walmart and Kroger for 3 miles, not likely. I felt kind of bad, but since the whole point is that the miles you walk equate to charity donations, I figured it was for the best.

Not sure about the total mileage in those three stores, but I know when I do my normal rotation through Target, it's about 1 mile. :)

Three stores=3 miles doesn't seem that out of the realm of possibility. If I drive to Target, park fairly close and buy just one thing, it is 1000 steps. Usually at least 2000 steps/1 mile if I am doing real shopping.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    KMaggi3 wrote: »
    My good friend has been begging me to try Nutella for a while now. I kept saying "nah". Finally broke down and tried a small spoonful and now I'm hooked. I wish I'd never tried it because now it's like a freaking DRUG for me! I could eat it straight out of the jar. Ugh. Once I'm done with this one, I'll NEVER buy that stuff again!!

This is EXACTLY why I haven't tried it, or the cookie butter!

Quik, still haven't opened the Biscoff. I'm scared I'll end up eating the whole jar.

If it tastes like liquified cheesecake crust, I would kill myself eating it!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

We do that. My son loves it. I learned it from my mom. I don't usually do it now, just due to calories, but it is yummy! The peanut butter gets soft and runny from the warm pancakes... *drool* (It's lunchtime and I'm hungry!)