Trying to get back on tract

3 years ago I joined this app and I set my mind to loose weight. Then I went from 222 lbs to 137 lbs. after reaching my goal I relaxed a little and I gained 7 pounds. And here I am again trying to loose them.

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Well done on your loss! You've done it before, you can do it again :)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Great job catching the gain before it got out of hand. You've got this! You know what worked for you before, you just need to get back into the groove of it. While you lose the 7 lbs though, come up with maintenance strategies.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I know I have 45 lbs off for 4 years and I have to stay on top of it all the time. Maintenance is hard for me, definitely a life style change, it is easy to lose, not so much to keep it off. Especially if you have had food as a crutch and life happens. Easier with MFP support though.
  • mnewell0293
    mnewell0293 Posts: 34 Member
    inspiring - you can DO THIS!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    You have done great. You should have no problems dropping those 7 pounds.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    If you lost 85, you will have no problem losing 7 pounds. Go for it!
  • evilqueenT
    evilqueenT Posts: 28 Member
    I totally understand your frustration. I lost 54 lbs by this past October. I had been down around 45 lbs for about 2 years and I'd get close to my goal and put the same 10 back on and have to face getting them off over and over again...then by this past October I finally hit my mark at 54 lbs off. For both good and sad reasons I've faced a few big changes in our family between last October that are still in a lot of ways still ongoing on top of having so many temptations over the holidays while feeling blue I've managed to put 20 lbs back on and feel completely frustrated. It can be really tough when you slide backwards but it sounds like you've caught yourself in time to get it back off before you end up in my shoes.
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Everyday is a new day. Start fresh today!!! You know how. So, now just do it :)
  • Ifemathis
    Ifemathis Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    222 to 137? Wow - That is amazing! Congrats! What's 7 lbs to someone that crushed 85 lbs? Crush those pounds! Then give the rest of us some pointers. :)