Mom of 8 losing weight!

Hi everyone! Yes, I have 8 kids! They keep me very busy & with all the stress & ironically not eating enough, I've put on a few pounds. I'm starting my third week & so far lost 5 lbs by counting calories. I'm slowly incorporating exercising. Even though I'm active running around with my kids, I'm trying to find the motivation to exercise more, cardo & strength training. It's getting easier seeing my results & more than weight, I'm losing inches! It'll be nice to make some new friends on here for support. Please feel free to add me. Thanks & good luck to you as well!! :Dt69pqpnxlp0u.jpg

Replies

• paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Hi there, I am also a mum of 8. The action never stops. most of it is good, lots of it is hard, and there is always someone putting stress on somewhere. So its good to be on here and looking after ourselves. Thanks for starting this thread.
  • Supermom_of_8
    Supermom_of_8 Posts: 144 Member
    Thank you! I couldn't agree more. :smiley:
    paprikas wrote: »
    Hi there, I am also a mum of 8. The action never stops. most of it is good, lots of it is hard, and there is always someone putting stress on somewhere. So its good to be on here and looking after ourselves. Thanks for starting this thread.

• erincricket
    erincricket Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well, I have half of 8--only 4 kids, but I'm on Mfp regularly. I added you as a friend. I need to lose 30-40 lbs.
  • Supermom_of_8
    Thank you for adding me as a friend @erincricket‌! Having 1 kid or many is a handful! We'll support each other. Whenever I feel unmotivated or hopeless, I like to turn to my friends for help. I would do the same for you too! :smiley:
    Well, I have half of 8--only 4 kids, but I'm on Mfp regularly. I added you as a friend. I need to lose 30-40 lbs.

• Supermom_of_8
    Hi MFP peeps! Here's a couple more pics I recently took. I can't believe how quickly my weight AND inches started to drop when I ate more! I use to eat one or two meals a day & my body wouldn't lose weight & gained even more, thinking it was starving. I'm so motivated and excited to see the transformation! I love to see yours too. :smiley:h7ccwzy5fpsv.jpg
    scugg1y1fnmd.jpg
  • You're doing an awesome job! I can't believe how fast you've made progress! Keep it up girl!
  • That is amazing!! You're on the right track. I am a busy mom of 1 and can't imagine the energy needed for 8! You are inspirational!
  • Supermom_of_8
    Thank you @karaboo20‌ & @meamaro‌ for the compliments. I was surprised too how quickly I lost the weight & inches. Especially that I started eating more. That first week was all about watching calorie intake & NO exercise. This is my third week, I increased my calorie intake & I'm slowly incorporating cardo then strength training. :smile:
  • I wish I would have taken pics to compare. That's an awesome accomplishment. I'm the only one in the house and at work that's dieting so I'm having a bit of a hard time for those catered lunches and pizza night. No one wants to eat healthy and I think they are secretly trying to torture me lol!!
  • nickibowen
    nickibowen Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you @karaboo20‌ & @meamaro‌ for the compliments. I was surprised too how quickly I lost the weight & inches. Especially that I started eating more. That first week was all about watching calorie intake & NO exercise. This is my third week, I increased my calorie intake & I'm slowly incorporating cardo then strength training. :smile:

It sounds like you got the hang of it quick! (Kinda have to rt ? With 8 kids an all!!!) lol. You can add me as a friend, if you want. I only have 5 kids but I have lots of support to give. And I have 30 lbs to lose.
  • i'll join you. i have 2 kids, but home school them. they are in elementary years, so activity is key. they are active with soccer and taekwondo and i'm starting to run some 5k in my local area and have my oldest join me.

you are looking great. great work on filling yourself with healthy foods to lose the weight & inches. as you start to feel better, the exercise piece will start to happen.

if you want a good light exercise video to do - there is a 10-minute Pilates with 5 different exercises that you can pick from. it also uses light weights to help you get used to lifting weights (outside of lifting kids) :-)

please add me as a friend as i hope this helps and we can help each other.
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    I only have two kids, but I teach at a school for children who have special needs and so I can relate to having 8+ kids :lol: Your pics are incredible... it's amazing what a difference a week can make!!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far. :) I sent you a friend request with a message. :)
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    wow! that is amazing! you are truly supermom!!
  • Supermom_of_8
    Thank you @karaboo20‌! I think I shocked my body the first week. lol I started with a 1000 calorie intake & slowly increased it from there. Now I just need to be more active with working out. :smile:
    karaboo20 wrote: »
    You're doing an awesome job! I can't believe how fast you've made progress! Keep it up girl!
  • Supermom_of_8
    It's never too late. I'm sure you have some old pics & current pics to compare with. I came across a dress I wore last summer & recently wore it again & the difference is inspiring. :smile:
    I wish I would have taken pics to compare. That's an awesome accomplishment. I'm the only one in the house and at work that's dieting so I'm having a bit of a hard time for those catered lunches and pizza night. No one wants to eat healthy and I think they are secretly trying to torture me lol!!

• Supermom_of_8
    nickibowen wrote: »

It sounds like you got the hang of it quick! (Kinda have to rt ? With 8 kids an all!!!) lol. You can add me as a friend, if you want. I only have 5 kids but I have lots of support to give. And I have 30 lbs to lose.

Thank you @nickibowen‌! My whole day is followed by a strict routine. But I have to be flexible too & being a Perfectionist, it can be challenging. lol I have 5 little ones & 3 older ones. I'll add you as a friend. It'll be good to support each other. That is awesome how much you have lost! I'll need some advice. :smiley:
  • Supermom_of_8
    So happy with my progress so far! I don't think of the bad days but the good ones. So far, I've lost almost 20 lbs! I lost some weight before MFP, but LOVE the support on here. It really keeps me motivated! I can't thank you enough for those that are here for me. Thank you so much! I hope to return the favor. :)2sj4hai940zh.jpg
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    So happy with my progress so far! I don't think of the bad days but the good ones. So far, I've lost almost 20 lbs! I lost some weight before MFP, but LOVE the support on here. It really keeps me motivated! I can't thank you enough for those that are here for me. Thank you so much! I hope to return the favor. :)

That dress is stunning.
  • Supermom_of_8
    Thank you @zarckon‌. I call it "My little black dress" :) I'm so happy I fit into it. I worked hard for it!