Can't believe I'm doing it!

Hey everyone!
I started my healthy eating on Oct 13th of this year. I was scared and nervous and to be honest I didn't even know if I was going to do it consistently since I yo-yo'd so many times before. I told myself that I would take things slow and not do anything I could not do consistently. I created a workout plan that agreed with my schedule and a meal plan that allowed me 1,200 calories - watching my total fat & carbs. I only weigh in once per month on the 13th of the month because I don't want this to be about me losing weight more than me just living a healthy lifestyle. My first weigh in on Nov 13th I was down 13 lbs. I'm having my 2nd weigh in 3 days from now and I KNOW I've lost weight. I had a doctor's appt a few days ago and when I was weighed it put me at another 12 lbs lost, but I didn't count it officially!! :drinker: I am so excited not only for the weight loss but because I'm actually taking my time and just living healthier and working out and it's WORKING! I pretty much eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over 1,200 calories and most of my calories come from protein (lean meats, veggies). I hope if you're reading this you take only 1 thing from my post - YOU CAN DO THIS! The first 2 weeks were my hardest...just keep telling yourself you can do it - and be honest with yourself. If you know you want a snicker or some chips - admit it - but tell yourself - you'll get a snickers when you drop 5 lbs or whatever your short term goals are. Or, if you do cheat one day just work out a little longer or harder to make up the calories. GOOD LUCK! I still have about 25 lbs to go but I am 100% confident that I will maintain this way of life FOREVER!

Replies

• Hey everyone!
    I started my healthy eating on Oct 13th of this year. I was scared and nervous and to be honest I didn't even know if I was going to do it consistently since I yo-yo'd so many times before. I told myself that I would take things slow and not do anything I could not do consistently. I created a workout plan that agreed with my schedule and a meal plan that allowed me 1,200 calories - watching my total fat & carbs. I only weigh in once per month on the 13th of the month because I don't want this to be about me losing weight more than me just living a healthy lifestyle. My first weigh in on Nov 13th I was down 13 lbs. I'm having my 2nd weigh in 3 days from now and I KNOW I've lost weight. I had a doctor's appt a few days ago and when I was weighed it put me at another 12 lbs lost, but I didn't count it officially!! :drinker: I am so excited not only for the weight loss but because I'm actually taking my time and just living healthier and working out and it's WORKING! I pretty much eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over 1,200 calories and most of my calories come from protein (lean meats, veggies). I hope if you're reading this you take only 1 thing from my post - YOU CAN DO THIS! The first 2 weeks were my hardest...just keep telling yourself you can do it - and be honest with yourself. If you know you want a snicker or some chips - admit it - but tell yourself - you'll get a snickers when you drop 5 lbs or whatever your short term goals are. Or, if you do cheat one day just work out a little longer or harder to make up the calories. GOOD LUCK! I still have about 25 lbs to go but I am 100% confident that I will maintain this way of life FOREVER!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Congratulations! Keep going, you can do it.:drinker:
  • Thanks! :smile:
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Yeah Im happy for you!!!!!

You actually have a good idea. Maybe I should only weight in and messure once a month. I love those scales and usually weight in twice a week:embarassed: and I think that its became a problem for me.

You keep up the good work and let us know the offical word in 3 days.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :smile: I loved reading your post and has even confirmed to me that I need to start excercising again, haven't been with vacations from end of October till after Christmas. :smile:

:wink: I have read many articles on weighing yourself and most agree that you should only weigh yourself at most once a week and on the same day, but less is more because you aren't stressing on what the scale says. Healhy eating and living is the main goal!:wink:
  • I used to do the same thing and then I'd get so frustrated when it will go up one day and then down the next. I said you know what... I'm more concerned with living healthy and I don't want this to turn into me only doing this until the scale reads what I want it to... it has helped me keep focus on eating healthy and not losing weight. Plus, after 30 days of eating healthy I see big numbers lost which is a motivation for me - other than slowly watching 2 lbs go per week I'd rather see 10 in a month!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    00020321.gif

Congratulations!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    GREAT JOB and I feel just like you, didn't think I would be able to stck with it and get results but I have 62 pounds gone in 9 months!! YAH!! Keep up the great work! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    You guys inspire me, that's awesome! I'm just starting my journey again for the last time and am taking your ideas to heart. Focusing on the lifestyle is definitely the way to go, the scale means nothing in actuality. It's all about how you feel in your clothes and moving around your world. Keep up the good work gals!
  • Wow! I feel so encouraged! Thank you!
  • So true WIldkat! Good luck! I'm sure many of us can relate to having to start over. But remember, it's not how many times you had to start over - it's how many times you fought to win...you can do it!
    :drinker: Here's to your success in advance!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!