Hot???

How to start this one off...I've lost a total of 60 pounds since I began my weight loss journey over a year and a half ago. It feels great. I've been at a stand still for the last 6 months or so as I haven't been watching my calories or exercising regularly, but I've definitely maintained. It's good to know I can do that! The other day my boyfriend (who didn't know me at the heavier weight) and I were leaving a restaurant and he said, "Did you see that guy? He about fell over himself checking you out!" in a very nice, NOT jealous way. I kind of laughed and said, "Sure he did." He asked me how long I was overweight for (I was at my highest weight for about 2.5 years but never had much of a weight problem from about 6 years ago and before that) and told me that I still have the "overweight mindset," and that I need to realize that I'm beautiful...hot... Me? Really? Now, I still have another 40 pounds to lose to get to my goal and am a size 14/16...that's no model size...but it feels great to know that he finds me to be so attractive just as I am. I'm back on track again and hope to continue my weightloss until I reach my goal, but it feels great to realize that the work I've done so far has already paid off. Good luck to everyone out there who is working so hard! Remember, we're all beautiful, even if we're not the "size" we want to be.

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    How to start this one off...I've lost a total of 60 pounds since I began my weight loss journey over a year and a half ago. It feels great. I've been at a stand still for the last 6 months or so as I haven't been watching my calories or exercising regularly, but I've definitely maintained. It's good to know I can do that! The other day my boyfriend (who didn't know me at the heavier weight) and I were leaving a restaurant and he said, "Did you see that guy? He about fell over himself checking you out!" in a very nice, NOT jealous way. I kind of laughed and said, "Sure he did." He asked me how long I was overweight for (I was at my highest weight for about 2.5 years but never had much of a weight problem from about 6 years ago and before that) and told me that I still have the "overweight mindset," and that I need to realize that I'm beautiful...hot... Me? Really? Now, I still have another 40 pounds to lose to get to my goal and am a size 14/16...that's no model size...but it feels great to know that he finds me to be so attractive just as I am. I'm back on track again and hope to continue my weightloss until I reach my goal, but it feels great to realize that the work I've done so far has already paid off. Good luck to everyone out there who is working so hard! Remember, we're all beautiful, even if we're not the "size" we want to be.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,914 Member

I wonder why most of us never see us as others do? What a way to boost your ego! You go girl! Good luck with your final 40 pounds.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Thank you! I know that sometimes I can look in the mirror and feel okay and think, "Wow...60 lbs...that's kind of significant, huh!?" and other times I just see the fattest me that I've been...regardless of the 60 lbs.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    That's funny! I'm the same way, I have no radar for that. I was at Costco this past summer and I was putting my things on the conveyor and I noticed the checker guy looking at me and in my mind I'm thinking, Dude, what's your problem, am I not putting the stuff on right? Sheesh! When it was my turn at the register he said, "I just have to tell you, you are stunning! You look phenomenal in red!" I was blown away and had to laugh at myself. Way to go Kat, always thinking the worse! We can lose the weight but we don't always lose the mind set.

Way to go Kristie!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    You know it is darn near imp[ossible to see ourselves through others eyes. It is always an ego boost when some one does say you are hot/attractive/pretty/etc. I am HAPPY to hear that you see yourself in that light. It is alwasy that love yourself first philosophy that helps you prevail!!! But here I go rambling on but not practicing what I preach. I vow I will though. BUT CONGRATS HOTTIE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I lack a radar too...
    To be honest...sometimes I look at my fiance likes he's lost his mind when he compliments me... let alone picking up on what OTHER people see or think about me. It just doesn't compute really.
    Well, there was that one time at Walmart...but that was cause he knocked an isle display down in the process.... and even then...my mother had to point it out.

:noway:

I am clueless.
    Congrats though! It's a good thing!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I lack a radar too...
    To be honest...sometimes I look at my fiance likes he's lost his mind when he compliments me... let alone picking up on what OTHER people see or think about me. It just doesn't compute really.
    Well, there was that one time at Walmart...but that was cause he knocked an isle display down in the process.... and even then...my mother had to point it out.

:noway:

I am clueless.
    Congrats though! It's a good thing!

lol, I'm the same way. When I was in High School my mom had to point them out except for the guy who ran into a light pole:laugh:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Way to go, Soak it all in and be really darned proud of yourself!!!