Fitness Challenge Maybe?

Replies

• SueFosh
    SueFosh Posts: 11 Member
    @dmt366, the book is being shipped to my library. I LOVE libraries and would be destitute if I had to pay for all of the books I read. It is good to know that they take patron requests for new books. I appreciate that information. @Sabine_Stroehm, I would love the black bean brownie recipe. Please share.
    Btw, I wound up making several soups last week, as well as some healthy pumpkin muffins. ( I hate pumpkin but even I thought they were good.) Everything was fairly low in calories so I've been able to stay under my daily calorie goal. Now to include some exercise in my day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I used this one and eliminated the coffee and added walnuts. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=244033
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Hi all. I'm sorry I haven't been on much. I'm still dealing with my family stuff. I am going out of town this weekend. And I believe we are planning the service on March 21 so I'm hoping to be back to at least semi-normal after we get most of that planning done this weekend.

I'm so glad I've go so many interested in this! I'm excited to set up a group and to really focus on helping each other. I've actually been doing really well and lost some weight - woo hoo! I'm still doing the 21 day fix plan, but have modified it to fit my needs according to the information I've been reading on the Metabolic Effect (and I need to order that book too).

I am in no way pushing for you to purchase the 21 day fix but it has been a great tool for me. I use the 21 day fit tracker app on my phone which has been life changing even more than MFP was. So I think I will continue to use that tool.

I just wanted to let you know I'm still here and still wanting to get this group going but I just need to get my family stuff behind me.

Can we take a poll on whether you all would like a Secret Facebook page or do you want to continue on MFP groups?
  • SueFosh
    SueFosh Posts: 11 Member
    I would like a Secret Facebook page. It might be better to keep it small and have some continuity and accountability that a small group affords. I'm glad to hear that your family issues are going to be behind you soon, or do they ever really go away? :-) Take care of yourself.
    I did get the ME book from the library, but I spent yesterday taking full advantage of Fat Tuesday and haven't looked at it yet. Maybe today.
    Sabine_Stroehm, thanks for the recipe. I'm looking forward to trying it soon.
  • suzyh04
    suzyh04 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope all is well. Have any of you known any one that has done this ME Diet Plan? I would like to know how they made out. Hi jchrisman717 I'm glad to hear that you are losing with the 21 day fix plan.
  • jchrisman717
    Hi all! I am back from my weekend and now I have nothing going on until the end of March so I'm going to get this group up and running.

I did however have a little mishap on Thursday - slipped on some ice and really messed up my pinky finger and my knee so I have some mending to do. Even better time to get the nutrition part down!

We can do both a FB page and a group here if you all like. You all just let me know what you want.

If your on FB, find me and send me a friend request. My name is Jawona Carpenter and my email is jogrl717@sbcglobal.net.

Have any of you got the book yet?

Also, send me a friend request here if you haven't done that yet. So looking forward to getting back I shape with some one on one help from you all.
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    This really sounds interesting... I hope I'm not too late to join in, just found you guys here this afternoon. I'm 52 and had a total hysterectomy for my 40th....Lucky me
  • jchrisman717
    Nope - still getting it all set up. Find me on FB and send me a friend request. After I accept it could you then send me an email with your username from MFP. I've had several friend requests that I am assuming are you guys but your names are different - lol.
  • jchrisman717
    If you are interested in joining the FB Group - I think this link will work - if not let me know. I did make it secret so you might have to add me as a friend and then I can add you. You can feel free to unfriend me after that - I understand some people are more private. If you have already friended me and I haven't added you to the group - send me a message on FB so I can add you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564053747180706/
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    I tried to go to the group link above...this is what came up.

"This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home"

• smilebhappy
    I just sent FR on FB :)
  • jchrisman717
    I thought it might because it is a secret group I think I have to be friends with you and then add you. I think I just added you smilebhappy.
  • smilebhappy
    yep :)
  • smilebhappy
    Thanks for taking the time to set up the "secret FB page" and thanks for adding me! :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Hi all! I am back from my weekend and now I have nothing going on until the end of March so I'm going to get this group up and running.

I did however have a little mishap on Thursday - slipped on some ice and really messed up my pinky finger and my knee so I have some mending to do. Even better time to get the nutrition part down!

We can do both a FB page and a group here if you all like. You all just let me know what you want.

If your on FB, find me and send me a friend request. My name is Jawona Carpenter and my email is jogrl717@sbcglobal.net.

Have any of you got the book yet?

Also, send me a friend request here if you haven't done that yet. So looking forward to getting back I shape with some one on one help from you all.
    This would be my preference. We have a "policy" in our house that our Facebook friends are only people we know "in real life". So, if we get a group here, or even just a thread in this group, count me in. Otherwise, check back from time to time and tell me how great you're all doing!
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi J,
    I tried the link to the FB page, but it would not come up..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564053747180706/

Can't seem to locate you on FB..
    j chrisman ?

Diana

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Hi I posted some questions similar to this last week before I saw this thread. I'm interested in joining as well, but like Sabine said, unless we get a group here, I won't be joining the FB page. :-( Please check back from time to time if you can.

This is very interesting to me. I had a partial hysto last May, and after Christmas, the belly fat packed on around the middle. I didn't understand what was going on. I'm very anxious to try this and to see how everyone else is doing!!! Great info! :-)
  • smilebhappy
    Hi Skinny....welcome!!
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    @smilebhappy! Thanks! So excited to have found this. Learning so much already. (Darn carbs!) :smile: