Confused - Can not Complete Diary Entry

Hi

Im really confused my goal is 960 Kals but when i click on 'Comaplete Diary Entry' It says i need to be consuming at least 1000 - 1200.

Can some help me

I want to lose 1lb per week.

MK

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    MFP will not let you complete your diary if you're under 1200 calories. They think anything under 1200 is unsafe.

The amount of calories you consume should be determined by your weight, height, age and activity level. When you set up your profile, did you choose "Sedentary" and "Lose 2 pounds a week?" Chances are it cranked out the 1200 calorie baseline.

I personally think 900 calories is not enough calories to consume unless you're under strict doctor supervision/have health issues. Try changing your goals to "lightly active" and "Lose 1 pound a week." Or consider calculating your BMR/TDEE. Undereating over a long period of time should make you lose weight, but it isn't healthy.
  • Mariam__X
    Mariam__X Posts: 35 Member
    Thank for the replay

I did choose 'Sedentary' but my goal is to losse 1LB per week.

When i add excerise it increase the calorie and dose let me log 1000 calories.
  • flabassmcgee
    You are only sedentary if you do literally NOTHING all day long. Do you workout? Work? Go to school? Do daily activities like clean or go shopping? If so, you aren't sedentary.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Mariam__X wrote: »
    Hi

Im really confused my goal is 960 Kals but when i click on 'Comaplete Diary Entry' It says i need to be consuming at least 1000 - 1200.

Can some help me

I want to lose 1lb per week.

MK

Why in the world is your goal 960 cals? The only way it is that low is if you put it that low since MFP will not let you go under 1,200 unless it's a glitch.

How tall are you, weight, age, how much do you exercise?

I looked at your profile & with 14 pounds to go I would really only aim to lose 0.5 pounds since it's less aggressive.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    With only 14 lbs to lose, the best thing to choose is 0.5 lb /week.
  • Mariam__X
    Thanks for you Replays

I selected "Sedentary because i work in an office and basically dnt do much actitvity.

I go for walks at lunch time and drop my sister off to school, clean the house and trying to add excersise into my daily rointine.

im 5.1. weight 7.12, age 28, dnt do much excersise.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Is that 7.12 stone? Isn't that about 100lb?
  • flabassmcgee
    Is that 7.12 stone? Isn't that about 100lb?

Oh dear.

OP, why would you want to weigh less than a 12 year old?

Seek help.
  • Mariam__X
    I have lot of fat on my arms. thighs are big n stomach so im trying to lose it, after that ill be happy with my weight :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Look into a body recomposition program. You're on the low side of a healthy BMI and your goal would classify you as underweight. Additionally, MFP's calorie goals are broken, and it should not and would not have given you a goal under 1200 had it been working correctly.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    It is not weight you need to to lose but exercise to help to 'tone' up.
  • Mariam__X
    oh so what do i do, dose MFP know the goals are broken?
  • Mariam__X
    i am exrercising too but i feel i do still need to lose a littel weight so i can fit into my jeans comfortably.

Dose anyone know any excersie for thighs, stomach and bingo wings?
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    get bigger jeans and exercise; don't eat less than 1200 calories per day
  • Mariam__X
    I dont think i have ever had 1200 kals per day, im eating normally to be honest just healthier, avoiding junk food.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Mariam__X wrote: »
    i am exrercising too but i feel i do still need to lose a littel weight so i can fit into my jeans comfortably.

Dose anyone know any excersie for thighs, stomach and bingo wings?

read this http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited February 2015
    Here is a good calculator for you calories since MFP is not working correctly currently:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

I'd recommend 5% reduction since you don't have much to lose. That said, you may want instead to focus on improving your body composition instead of losing more weight.

This is a really good read on why losing weight isn't always the way to go to get the body you want:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

The story is Staci, and here are two pictures of her. She started lifting weights and actually weighs 11lbs more in the picture on the right:
    Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-9.23.11-AM1.jpg
  • Mariam__X
    Oh wondefull ill defo check this out, Thanks auddii