What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Esabettie
    Esabettie Posts: 11 Member
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Esabettie wrote: »
    This is my first post ever! I ran/jog half an hour without stopping for the first time ever.

This is the perfect place for your first post and congratulations on your run.

My NSV is that I packed up a box of 3X shirts for Goodwill that are now way to big for me. :smiley:

Thank you!! Good for you too!

Tuesday I almost knocked myself down, my alarm went off and I was so deeply asleep that in my hurry to turn it off I hit my lip pretty hard on the night stand, but even tough it hurt I thought: "Ok, I'm already awake let's do it, elliptical time".
    I hope I can run this weekend, it has been raining.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    My BMI has finally slipped down from overweight into healthy! It's still in the lower range of healthy, but it's progress! :D
  • owlheartt
    owlheartt Posts: 19 Member
    For the past four years I haven't done much except play video games for 12+ hours, eat fast food, and my daily exercise has been a walk to the fridge or bathroom. Two weeks ago I decided to get in shape and during that time I've spent a maximum total of just ONE hour on the games. I feel so much more productive!

Also, my workplace has an unwritten rule: "If it is your birthday you MUST bring treats (preferably the kind that comes with sugar)." In the past two weeks two people have brought lots of yummy treats but I didn't eat them and instead went for a nice walk outside so they weren't taunting me as I ate lunch. :smile: Next week I plan to bring this count up to three!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Went shopping in my own closet. Found a suit I bought in 2007 but never wore because I blow past the size so fast.

It fit.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Bought a pair of pants just before Christmas. Didn't bother trying them on in the store, came home, and there was no way in hell I was going to get the button done up. Could have driven a truck through that gap.

Just tried them on. Button and zip.... no problem :smile:

I still have one hell of a long way to go, but it's little things like this that keep me going. Aaaand, now I'm starting to cry.
  • SuziAstro26
    SuziAstro26 Posts: 197 Member
    Not eating bread :)
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    My doctor shook my hand yesterday because of the progress I've made in the past 3 months. :)
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    I kind of had an epiphany 1.5 weeks ago. I was feeling bored and lonely one afternoon, so I ordered spring rolls. Mid meal I realised my lips were coated with oil used to deep fry the rolls and I felt such a strong wave of guilt. I haven't touched anything "bad" since then! Although I haven't lost any weight, I feel really good about myself :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited February 2015
    The UPS guy walked into my office and he's NOT a flirty/creepy type but he said, "You have a new hairstyle or you're losing a LOT of weight or both...what is going on here?? Because you are almost unrecognizable from a month ago"

And that's happened in various versions THREE times this week. Wat!? Yay!! (I am trying to grow my hair but I am at the same weight since mid-December so this is a great NSV for me)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    fry3bkc9gch9.jpg

Being able to wear these type of dresses, without my rolls showing!

Nice!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Today I have on my skinny jeans (new after some inches lost) and a tight sweater and NO MUFFIN TOP!! B)
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    New jeans for me as well start size 16-18 new jeans size 6!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    triciab79 wrote: »
    There is not one ounce difference between these 2 photos but this is 6weeks of working out and the scale doesn't need to show me progress.
    010915-2_zps5626d59c.jpg
    0220152_zps9e2347b9.jpg

Wow!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    So yesterday at the gym was a basic 3 miler followed by arms and abs. Since I knew it was a shorter treadmill run, I wanted to see how long I could run without slowing down.
    I did my normal 3 minute speed walking warm up, then ran for 25 minutes STRAIGHT, varying speed from 4.8-5.1!! I psyched myself out into slowing down to 4.0 for 3 minutes then went back up for the last 7 minutes. My pace time was FINALLY sub 13 minutes (12:40!)! This sounds so slow compared to some of the other runners I saw at the gym but for me..this was huge. I'd never run longer than 10 minutes straight on the treadmill until yesterday.
  • asm2014
    asm2014 Posts: 28 Member
    i didnt have the struggle to put my jeans on! The buttons meet right where they're supposed to.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Today I got to the gym earlier than the class I was waiting for. I decided to kill time with an easy 20min run, but ended up really enjoying a much more challenging speed without struggling in the slightest. I think I'm becoming someone who can just run for fun :smile:
  • mrssaver
    mrssaver Posts: 16 Member
    7.0km running...on my way to 10km
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Had to put in at least 5 more notches on my belts, and in some cases my 'small' belts that would go under my boobs for tops are now for my waist lol!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    When looking straight on in the mirror, my waist used to be a single indentation on either side below my chest. That single point is now elongated... I have a solid 3-4" of slim before i curve for hips & chest. I have a nice waistline again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!