March 2015 Running Challenge

Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the February (2015) Running Challenge.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10069632/february-running-challenge/

Anyone can join in. New & Old. Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. OPTIONAL: You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 200 miles. Don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until Sunday March 1st 2015 to log your runs.

Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Also, don't forget to join our group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

Replies

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    In for 75 again (tho I {will} fail at February's goal)....the Hilo 1/2 is on 3/15 and will help keep me on track!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    I'm in for 70 this month - gotta get ready for my HM in April. PT says ramp it up, so I will. Thanks for getting us started Stan.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I'll be ambitious from February's 30 to 40. I'll be slowly working toward my first half in October.

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    One of these months I will actually hit my goal. In for 100...gotta build up to Half at the end of April.
  • queen_of_disaster
    queen_of_disaster Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm in. :) Seems like a good way to transition back into the running season! I'm going to aim low so I'm not setting myself up for failure, 60 km should probably do it.
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Hello all - may I join you in this challenge? I was supposed to be doing a half at the end of March, but sadly have had to pull out - so now I'm aiming for the Great North Run in September... it's so far off I need something like this to keep me focussed and accountable!

I think 60 miles is a sensible target for me :)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Hello all - may I join you in this challenge? I was supposed to be doing a half at the end of March, but sadly have had to pull out - so now I'm aiming for the Great North Run in September... it's so far off I need something like this to keep me focussed and accountable!

I think 60 miles is a sensible target for me :)

Yes you may. Everyone is welcome to join us. Just hop in and set a goal, or just start logging after Sunday.

Welcome to anyone that are new to these challenges. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Stan
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks for the welcome Stan! I'm looking forward to having some accountability for my training - I find it far too easy to make excuses not to put on my trainers and get outdoors.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    I am in for 50 miles in March.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    in for 145. glad it's not a short month again :D
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    I'm going to try for 43 miles. That's a weeks worth for some but for me, it's a lot. I'm still pretty new and it's in addition to the larger amount of rowing I do.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    In for 160. And more importantly aiming for no illnesses in March. ;)
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Alright, alright, alright.. I'm in.. for something like 75 miles and if I truly follow the plan I have it will be more like 100.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    @DM01234 that's a great amount to shoot for! It's what I was doing last summer, and I've been adding to it since. If you want to you'll be able to do more in no time :)
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    @Stoshew71 - I love your Alabama Snowman! Once again, thanks for setting this up, Stan!

I managed 150 in January and February so I'm going for 165 this month.

@DM01234 -Lesleycali is right that's a good goal. It's more than I ran last March.
  • jnagrl
    jnagrl Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in for 50 km.

exercise.png
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,201 Member
    OK, I found you, but it looks like I am out of my class. I will try 25 miles and see what happens. Don't have a clue how to set up a ticker. lol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Ok trying again. I failed miserably in February but it's a new month!

exercise.png
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    I'm in for 50 miles for the month of March! Thanks for the challenge!
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    I want to join. I am doing a 5k race tomorrow morning, but i guess it wont count because its still Feb! wish me luck. Maybe I can start with 30 for March. I hope I am consistent enough to reach my goal. Good luck everyone