chemical diet?

Hey I'm Jade. I weigh 14 stone at the moment and want to try and get to 10 stone for the summer (wishful thinking maybe) I've been reading about this diet loose 14 pounds in a week. Thinking this might be a good start to get me motivated? Has anyone else here tried it? X

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    No!
  • Elley81
    Elley81 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Jade, I'd love to hear your results of you completed the Chemical Diet, I'm starting it tomorrow for the first time, wish me luck!
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    This does not sound healthy at all.. Hope you make it thru ok.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited September 2015
    14 pounds of fat in one week is the equivalent of 49,000 calories ... that's 7000 calories per day. The diet in question doesn't generate that type of deficit. In fact, it is one of the more asinine concepts out there and makes one of the most outlandish claims ... all for a renamed version of the old grapefruit diets.

I have noticed how many of these inane diet plans are posted by newbies who haven't taken the time to learn how to lose weight in a healthy manner.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I'm afraid to ask... what's the chemical diet? All foods have chemicals in them, does that mean you get to eat all the foods!?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    It's not scientifically proven. Like many diet plans, the weight loss comes from just reducing calorie intake. And that's really about eating less than you burn.
    Combinations of foods aren't going to affect pH levels of the body due to someone just eating them. The body regulates pH balance on it's own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Just looked ... it's a necro thread. The OP with just the one post in March has a ticker that shows 2 pounds down.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Just looked ... it's a necro thread. The OP with just the one post in March has a ticker that shows 2 pounds down.

DOH!

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Elley81 wrote: »
    Hi Jade, I'd love to hear your results of you completed the Chemical Diet, I'm starting it tomorrow for the first time, wish me luck!

LOL, 1 hit wonder.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    @xxjadescottxx @Elley81 how was/is it??