Any June 2015 Moms?

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Realized a couple of days ago that this week I'll hit the 6-month mark. Major panic! Holy cats, this keeps getting weirder. I'm still experiencing lots of emotional ups and downs as far as being pregnant, and going through a really rough patch yesterday/today. I'm a wreck! And it's only Monday!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Realized a couple of days ago that this week I'll hit the 6-month mark. Major panic! Holy cats, this keeps getting weirder. I'm still experiencing lots of emotional ups and downs as far as being pregnant, and going through a really rough patch yesterday/today. I'm a wreck! And it's only Monday!

Welcome to the lovely emotions that come with motherhood- don't worry, you're not alone!

Things are going pretty well here...26 weeks yesterday and can't believe it! Next week I head in to take my glucose test...I'm so close to the third trimester, I can taste it!

Defintiely more sore through the hips/upper legs this pregnancy...maybe that means I'm having a boy?! (we have two girls and decided to be surprised this time). My weight is definitely climbing higher faster than I'd hoped, but I'm still at the top of the "normal" range. Just hope it hits a plateau for a week or two;) Still working out 4-5 days a week and feeling good!

How are you all doing??
  • IrisNicole79
    IrisNicole79 Posts: 4 Member
    Jillsie11 wrote: »

Welcome to the lovely emotions that come with motherhood- don't worry, you're not alone!

Things are going pretty well here...26 weeks yesterday and can't believe it! Next week I head in to take my glucose test...I'm so close to the third trimester, I can taste it!

Defintiely more sore through the hips/upper legs this pregnancy...maybe that means I'm having a boy?! (we have two girls and decided to be surprised this time). My weight is definitely climbing higher faster than I'd hoped, but I'm still at the top of the "normal" range. Just hope it hits a plateau for a week or two;) Still working out 4-5 days a week and feeling good!

How are you all doing??

Yeah...I've been pretty emotional lately, too. I've been consumed with thoughts about the baby (mothering), and shopping, maintaining fitness/minimal weight gain and....post-partum fitness. The latter has really been on my mind lately. I have to have a c-section and I'm concerned about the recovery time and the (possible) lingering effects. I know I'm going to want to jump right back in the gym and go full stream to get this extra weight off. I've been trying to tell myself that the whole thing is going to be a process...and that I need to be prepared mentally and emotionally for that, buuuut I feel like it'll be a struggle. Is anyone else experiencing this emotional angst? Does anyone who has been through the experience have some words of advice for us newbies?:-)
  • ahannum31
    ahannum31 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2015
    Just popping by to say hello :)
    This is my fourth baby... After baby, it's really hard to say things will be like this or like that- calorie wise, to support breastfeeding, you need at least 600 calories/day extra to make enough milk to support baby. Some women find that they drop weight like crazy when nursing. My body holds on to weight and if I drop calories or start working out too fast, my milk supply suffers so it's not worth it- add in the sleep deprivation of a newborn and motivation may be a factor too. ;) I was "cleared" after my c-section with my first to go back to normal at 6 weeks, but it took far longer than that to truly heal.
    - With my vaginal deliveries, I felt better faster, but bled for longer and that definitely took away some motivation to "get back out there" right away.

Do what you can- I truly believe that even just getting a daily walk in while you are pregnant can help immensely for so much- the mental, the physical- the whole package. And it's like being rocked to sleep for your little one. :) the rocking pelvic motion usually puts them right out. I am still doing my RIPPED routines 2-3 times/week and zumba and baby is the least active during those times, which I think is sort of funny.

I don't know that it's helpful, but that's been my experiences though there truly are no two deliveries/pregnancies that are the same. <3

Edited to add: currently 25 weeks, baby #4, at about 18 pounds weight gain but fine with that!
  • L257
    L257 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm 28wks with my 3rd bub, due June 18. :smile:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Hi again everyone! Been a while since I checked in. Looks like everyone is staying healthy and working their way through the emotional stuff that tags along with pregnancy!
    I, too, have thought a lot about fitness lately. It worries me because I haven't had either the time or the energy to fit in a proper workout on a regular basis. (I'm working 50+ hours a week and going to school at night, and we all know that laundry and household chores don't do themselves!) But mostly I force myself to stop worrying because I still have control over what I eat, and my experience has taught me that the majority of weight control is tied to controlling how I eat. So, while I may not be lifting as much as I want, and can certainly keep from gaining too much weight that will make my post-partum recovery tougher! And yes, as IrisNicole said, it's going to be a process... We only have so much control over that process and the rest will be what it will be, so I'm not going to stress over what I can't change. At least I keep telling myself that...

My morning sickness has returned this week with a vengeance. I'm 30 weeks (7 months! WOW!) and was warned that it might come back, but I sure hoped that wouldn't be the case! Now I have that on top of my heartburn. Ick. Miserable =(

The little guy is super active these days (has been for a couple of months). His cute little kicks and turns have turned into some painful jabs! He sure got sharp and pointy in the last couple of weeks, but I love feeling him move. Very cool. Sometimes he turns so part of him is pushing outward and I can give him a little massage. I'm sure he can feel me, since I can feel him! Hubby thinks it's awesome that he can see him and feel him, too.

Haven't done a thing to set up his room yet. Probably won't get to it until school lets out in late May, just a few weeks before he's scheduled to arrive. Fingers crossed that I'll have some time to work on it before then!

Hope everyone is still doing great!
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Hello everyone!
    I have been battling a series of sicknesses in the last few week, just cold and flu, nothing extreme, so definitely have not been exercising. But now I feel much better, so I will be going back to my usual routine of lifting and light cardio. My little girl is very active, she moves and kicks all the time; I am so used to it now that I think I will really miss it when it stops. My husband and I picked a name, but we are keeping it a secret for another 9 weeks or so :)

I think I gained around 20 pounds so far (I am 31 weeks along), which is just about average according to my doctor. I honestly don't worry about numbers so much. Everyone (including my dear hubby) thinks I look good, and I want to make sure my little bug gets all the necessary nutrients, so I eat a lot but usually very healthy, balanced meals.

I finally set up my baby registry, and ughhh what a chore! It was exhausting, but according to my lovely mother in law, it had to be done :# I have been working on our nursery for some time now, it is pretty much done. Just need some final touches here and there. So here is a quick view of our baby room:

31%20weeks%20belly%20shot_zpsbmryikeg.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well! Time is flying so fast, June is coming ladies!!! :D
  • L257
    L257 Posts: 21 Member
    NikkiSixGuns- sorry to hear about your morning sickness returning, that must be disheartening! As far as diet/exercise/lifestyle I think one of the hardest things about pregnancy is learning to trust your body. In the modern world we don't really 'listen' to our bodies, we make our menstrual/hormonal cycle fall into a 28day routine with pills, if we feel ill or sore we take another pill, we change the colour of our skin and hair and teeth and sculpt our bodies to different shapes. Which is fine, but in pregnancy, you really get to 'listen' to your body because it has its own agenda during that time. I think you'll find that, generally, it's best to work with your body during pregnancy, rather than against it. Follow its cues, learn its strengths and weaknesses, you'll have your best results that way.

RunningMishka- I know what you mean about missing the kicking, that's exactly what happened with my first. In the days after she was born I would feel little movements as my uterus shrank back down and it made me miss her being there- even though she was actually in my arms! Lol.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    RunningMischka - great job on your daughter's room! I love the crocheted blanket. Cute colors. And your puppy is smiling. LOVE IT! I know what you mean about registries - UGH is right! My husband and I don't like to have a lot of stuff around the house so it's hard to register for things. Babies don't really need all that much stuff, and there's very little that we want. But people keep telling us "you're going to get gifts, so you might as well pick out what you like." And I also told my husband that I'm sure I'm going to miss our little man's movements after he's born. The little guy is so active! I love it, even when it hurts...
    I can't believe we have 31 weeks done and 9 to go. Seems like it was 9 weeks done and 31 to go just a blink of an eye ago! Now that I'm thinking of it, at 9 weeks was when we got to see our little guy for the first time. I was looking at those ultrasound pictures this weekend. Boy how things have changed!
  • Hi everyone :) I'm new to this. I wish I would have downloaded this app from the beginning of my pregnancy not the last few months lol but what can I do. Using this to monitor my carbs intake and calorie intake as well. I was told I should gain a maximum of 15lbs in total because I wasn't at an ideal weight to begin with.. Well I've gained 25lbs instead :/ so now I have to try and maintain my weight for the remainder of my pregnancy. Anyone else in a similar situation?
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Welcome, mibarra! Congrats on your pregnancy. I know what you mean about watching what you gain. I started at a good weight and haven't gained excessively since getting pregnant (thanks to excessive nausea, vomiting, and heartburn...) but I still have gained a little faster than I had planned. So yeah, I'm being careful about what I eat and doing my best to keep moving. It's a lot easier to keep the weight off than it is to lose it later. As far as joining late, better late than never, right? Hope it helps! It certainly helps me to chat with other ladies that are in about the same place as me.
  • penguinlibrarian
    penguinlibrarian Posts: 33 Member
    I'm 30 weeks along - due June 25 - and SO tired. Exercising used to give me energy, but my 2 or 3 aerobics classes a week have been totally wearing me out!! Sometimes I have to take naps in my car, or in the breakroom at work. I log my food everyday but do indulge in several 'naughty' items a day....logging helps me keep my splurge portions small though, at least. The biggest change for me since beginning 3rd trimester has been SNORING - I apparently snore like a freight train now! I can't wait to meet my little girl in a couple of months. It's our first baby, and we're so thrilled. We are waiting until she's born before telling her name. :)
  • penguinlibrarian
    penguinlibrarian Posts: 33 Member
    Question: I was 168 lbs pre-pregnancy. I lost 9 lbs during the 1st trimester and went down to 159, but now I'm up to 178. Would my overall weight gain be considered +10.0 (based off my pre-preg weight) or would it be +19, based off my 1st trimester, no-appetite, nauseated weight?
  • NikkiSixGuns
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, Penguin! And congrats on your pregnancy! I think we can all relate to the constant lethargy... I'm 33 weeks and have definitely noticed my energy level is far less than it was even 6 weeks ago. Good job on logging and tracking your intake. It can be such a chore sometimes, even though I've been doing it for almost five years.
    I also lost @ 9 lbs during the first 20 weeks, and have since gained it back plus some. My doc counts my weight-gain from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Overall I've gained about 19 lbs, which annoys me because I tend to focus far too much on the number, but I know that I really haven't gained that much outside of baby weight. I'm a little squishier in my hips and thighs than I was pre-pregnancy, but I plan to work my butt off after delivery to get back to fighting weight and condition ASAP. In the meantime, I'm managing my weight gain by being careful about how much I eat because I can't seem to get in a tough enough workout these days! I miss my old body, workout routine, and energy level.

Anyone else noticing an increased libido in these latter months? I certainly have!! :p I think I'm getting a taste of what it must be like to be a man. Ha ha ha... And it definitely isn't because I feel particularly sexy or even attractive. Kinda hard to feel sexy when carrying around a watermelon belly...
  • Runningmischka
    Welcome, Penguin! I think your overall gain would be considered +10. But I am not a doctor :)
    I have gained about 20 pounds so far, but when I went to my last sonogram appointment, my doctor said the baby was too small for how far along I am :( I got a second opinion from another doctor, and he confirmed that she is indeed 2 weeks behind, but he wasn't very concerned. Since my husband and I are both on a smaller size, he said we might just have a little baby. I spoke to my mother in law, and she told me she gained 50 pounds with her son (yikes!), but when he was born, he was 6 pounds and 2 ounces. That made me feel better! My doc did recommend to increase protein intake, so I have been chugging protein shakes and demolishing chicken like it's my job :D They are going to monitor me and the baby for few weeks, so hopefully next week her measurements increase. I no longer care about the scale. If I have to get bigger so the baby grows better, then let it be!

I hope everyone is going well! ;)
  • BunnyStylez
    BunnyStylez Posts: 2 Member
    Hi All- I am expecting #2 sometime in June...June 8 or July 1. Long story on that one but I am not too concerned. My son was two weeks late so I am hoping not to be induced again this time.
    I am back watching my diet and trying to boost my protein and cut the cards. My GD tests were normal but I was warned the baby is on the large side (again, depending on which dates they use..,) and my weight jumped up after I passed a kidney stone. FUN! So I am hoping to clean up my diet a bit and get in some more exercise before this little bundle arrives
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Hi all just restated mfp because I decided I just needed to be more aware of what I was putting in my body and joined this group today! I'm 31 weeks along due June 26th.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Welcome, Bunny and ehilgenberg! Congrats on your pregnancies. :)

RunningMischka, you have a great attitude! It's fantastic that you are willing to do what you need to for your little girl to be healthy. My boss (who is about 4'-10" and super petite!) gained about 50 lbs with both of her babies, and they were both born at @ 6 lbs, too! Hard to imagine, but it does happen. :p Just curious - how are they measuring your daughter's size? Are they doing ultrasounds or measuring your uterus?

Happy to report that my weight gain for the last four weeks was spot on. I gained a little too fast between my previous two appointments (9 lbs in 7 weeks) and wanted to slow that down. I didn't feel like I was making poor eating choices, but apparently I was. My uterus size is exactly in line with my June 11 due date, so that means that it's not baby weight but "other" weight! So I'm continuing to work on making smart decisions and fitting in more exercise. The second half has been much harder than expected. I feel like crud so much of the time! Nausea and heartburn have been a constant problem. But I know that staying active will help with delivery and recovery, so I'm giving it my best shot!

Hope you're all having a great week!
  • Runningmischka
    @NikkiSixGuns They measured both. According to my uterus length, she is right on schedule. But according to the two most recent ultrasounds, she is measuring 2.5 weeks behind. My doc said that some babies are just small, and they grow up being happy and healthy. Unfortunately, smaller babies "do not like labour" (verbatim what my doc said), so I should be preparing to be induced. Evidently, little babies grow much better outside the uterus, so this is a normal practice these days. One of my good friends was induced twice with both of her daughters, and everything is fine. I am glad our medicine is much more progressed, because I feel Ill be repeating my MIL's experience, but they let her go 3 weeks past the due date, 30 hours of labour, and when she got her 6lb 2 oz son, she literally screamed "This is it???" :D

I hope you feel better, NikkiSixGuns. I am one lucky woman with no nausea, heartburn or food aversions, so I cant give you any tips or advice. 6 weeks left.. We can do it!!!

• NikkiSixGuns
    RunningMischka, I am also grateful for modern medicine. Some people are terrified of a c-section, but the way I see it I'm grateful to live in a time when a c-section is an option! It may not be the ideal choice, but at least it's another way to ensure a safe delivery. It wasn't always so...

I'm curious if I'm going to have another ultrasound. According to others with my medical provider, I won't have one unless there are complications. But now I'm wondering how they'll know if he's in position. Hmmm.... My doc told me last Friday that they won't let me go more than a week past my due date, so the little man will be here in no more than 7 weeks and a couple of days. WOW. Still wrapping my head around that. I guess I kind of thought there could be more flexibility than that... Not a complaint, just kind of thought it was more of a floating date. Having a hard-set "he will be here by" date to look at is a little daunting!