New Smaller Clothes$$$

Ok, so I know that losing weight is extremely exciting, but now I'm to the point where I simply MUST get smaller sized slacks for work and jeans for evenings and weekends! I've gone as long as I can sinching my waist with a belt and even having them all taken in at the tailers. Money is tight right now and my husband jokingly said "you'll need to fatten up a bit so we don't have to spend money on clothes." I know he was kidding, but there's some truth to that. It's true, we don't have money for me to go out and purchase new slacks, etc!
Any ideas?? Maybe I should try those used clothing stores??? I have a feeling I'm going to keep losing, so maybe that's the ticket!
Ok, just letting out my concerns. Thanks for listening. :ohwell:

Replies

• Ok, so I know that losing weight is extremely exciting, but now I'm to the point where I simply MUST get smaller sized slacks for work and jeans for evenings and weekends! I've gone as long as I can sinching my waist with a belt and even having them all taken in at the tailers. Money is tight right now and my husband jokingly said "you'll need to fatten up a bit so we don't have to spend money on clothes." I know he was kidding, but there's some truth to that. It's true, we don't have money for me to go out and purchase new slacks, etc!
    Any ideas?? Maybe I should try those used clothing stores??? I have a feeling I'm going to keep losing, so maybe that's the ticket!
    Ok, just letting out my concerns. Thanks for listening. :ohwell:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Alot of the merchants are also feeling the pinch and are having good sales. Check out the sale rakes. I got some nice slacks at Wal-mart for under $10. They look nice and so have have washed up nice. Also I was in JC Penny's the other day and they were having really good sales. I actually bought a top for under a buck that's original price was $36.

Good Will and Thrift stores also have nice clothes. I know that I take a lot of stuff to them that is still like new. I'm sure other people do too.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    I am currently refusing to spend money on my "in between" clothes. I have plenty of smaller clothes (those that my oldest daughter hasn't stolen!), and I am at the point that my old clothes are literally FALLING OFF! I went to the GFC - Goodwill - and got a few pairs of jeans at $3.53 a pair, they are GAP, Polo and Bongo and all look brand new. For me it was worth it to go this route, when I get back to my goal I am going to treat myself to a new wardrobe and then I will have that much MORE reason to make sure I stay healthy and keep the weight off!!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    I know when you need to go out and buy new clothes it sucks to spend the money, but I sometimes just take my old stuff and get it taken in. It is cheaper but if its way too big gotta go buy new.

Alisha
  • I have a big family and asked for gift certificates from anyone that was buying for me! So hopefully that will take the edge off for me.

I think the way to go is to go to the big discount stores and just stick to the basics.

Target, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Walmart, etc.

You can find really cheap stuff if you look hard enough.

Get one pair of black pants, one pair of jeans, a few tops and keep rotating for as long as you can!

Not a bad problem to have! :flowerforyou:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    we should open up a my fitness pal thrift shop. I myself am having fun wearing cloth that I havent fit into in years but I did get rid of my thin clothes when I moved ...I thought I will never fit into them again...I am so glad Im wrong this time. I had my thyroid out in 2001 and quit smoking, I had gained over 60 lbs..I tried and tried in the past to lose weight but nothing work, Then all of a sudden last nov. I started replacing all my meat to turkey product, cooked differently (no frying) eating alot more veggies and fruit and the weight started to come off. It slow but steady.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    I have been going to the therift stores to get my clothes till i get to the size that i want. I have an issue of not wanting to break in clothes. :tongue: so its nice for me because they are already broke in. :laugh: I tend to go about once a week just to see what they have and I waste time there. AHHH i love the therift stores.
  • you could try selling your big clothes on craigslist.com then use that money to get ya some new ones! Thats what I recently did!:smile:
  • What size do you wear? :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I love going to the thrift shops. i have certain ones I go to (that have the nice clothes) I have found new stuff there. I like going to them because while I'm losing weight I will be needing to get different sizes and different season/ occassion clothes and it is just cheaper and easier to go there until things stabilize then maybe I will treat myself to a couple new outfits at a regular store... a present once I reach my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!