Fall '15 babies

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    I have a serious itching problem. I had it much later in my second pregnancy, it's back full force now... i can't take 30 more weeks like this! I'm raw. Going to my GP as per my OBs suggestion... hopefully they can come up with something as last time we just managed symptoms but with so far to go this time I want a better plan!

Feeling better, back to able to eat mostly what I want... needing bigger portions and some added snacks, but still maintaining. Did all my planned workouts last week, that made me happy, I've got 11 weeks until my half marathon and missing workouts was sucky! Weight still maintaining... pleased with that.

Have GP appointment for itches, and blood work to do this week as well. Back to OB next week for my first apt after my intake. Hopefully hear heartbeat?!

Hope everyone is well. It's cold as can be in the northeast. I'm trying not to complain, but ready for spring!!!
  • cooters39
    cooters39 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi All - I am 10 weeks and due 9/17. I am also turning 45 on Thursday (yep). This is my first and it was a surprise. I am also at maintenance weight and am still exercising and tracking calories. I've been doing some reading and it's not necessary to gain in the first trimester so I'm being careful so I'll have room to grow later.
  • poke987
    edited February 2015
    cooters39 wrote: »
    Hi All - I am 10 weeks and due 9/17. I am also turning 45 on Thursday (yep). This is my first and it was a surprise. I am also at maintenance weight and am still exercising and tracking calories. I've been doing some reading and it's not necessary to gain in the first trimester so I'm being careful so I'll have room to grow later.

Congratulations, how exciting! Im 35, but my hubby is 45... welcome to the advanced age club! My due date is 9-18! The day after you. Ill be a c-section though, so i will go at 39 weeks. My goal is to maintain this trimester as well!
  • cooters39
    Thank you so much! Congrats to you and your husband as well. You are SO not "advanced" age :) . Do you know they switched advanced maternal age to 40 in Europe?

I've been tracking my calories here for years and it's pretty ingrained as a habit for me now. I'm hoping it helps me gain what's needed only and no more. It's helped me on a few occasions already because I'm definitely experiencing cravings but have gone for lighter options of the food instead. Example: Craving a huge cheese pizza and instead making them myself on wheat English muffins. I also have a stash of string cheese in my car haha.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi all.

Congrats Cooters39.

I had my booking in appointment with midwife on Monday, seemed ok, took bloods etc. I was weighed and was couple lb heavier than at home but it was in the afternoon and fully clothed so guessing Im about the same. I have now got my first scan booked for 13 March. Hoping all will be ok. Dont think the midwifes here try to listen for a hearbeat until at least 16 weeks but not 100%.

I thought I was going to be a C section birth again but midwife seemed to think Im a good candidate for a VBAC so will follow her advice (unless something changed in the next 6 months). Not sure which I would prefer but the shorter recover time would be best.

Poke987 - the itching sounds awful, hope they can sort something asap.

• cooters39
    Thank you helonmelon29. The difference between the Doctor's scale and my scale used to be so drastically off (like 6 pounds heavier at the office) I researched the most accurate scales and got a "HealthSmart." The last time I went to the primary care doctor, the doctor's reading was actually about a pound lighter than the HealthSmart which never happens!

I have my first visit today. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. Apparently it's just for the ultra sound but I'm sure I will be weighed since that's what they just LOVE to do at these places. I even tried to dress a little light (even though it snowed today) because I know when they weigh me in the summer I will be in shorts or a sundress which barely weighs anything. I'm sure they aren't accounting for layers, sweaters and heavy pants in their calculations. Or lunch. Lol
  • poke987
    cooters39 wrote: »
    Thank you helonmelon29. The difference between the Doctor's scale and my scale used to be so drastically off (like 6 pounds heavier at the office) I researched the most accurate scales and got a "HealthSmart." The last time I went to the primary care doctor, the doctor's reading was actually about a pound lighter than the HealthSmart which never happens!

I have my first visit today. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. Apparently it's just for the ultra sound but I'm sure I will be weighed since that's what they just LOVE to do at these places. I even tried to dress a little light (even though it snowed today) because I know when they weigh me in the summer I will be in shorts or a sundress which barely weighs anything. I'm sure they aren't accounting for layers, sweaters and heavy pants in their calculations. Or lunch. Lol

I'll totally admit to trying to dress "light" for appointments too! No layering! That's for sure, no matter how cold it is!

I had a GP appointment this afternoon, and their scale said 141, fully dressed and late afternoon. But still, ugh. That's like 3 lbs heavier than I *think* I am!

No answers on my itching. Just treat the symptoms and wait for it to resolve. Not the answer I wanted, but what I expected. Need to go to the hospital for blood work, before next week's OB appt. But we had a little house fire (scary for sure, but not nearly as bad as it could have been. We caught it right away) and I have so many meetings and house inspections etc. I have no idea when I'm going to sneak away. It's crazy!
  • helenmelon29
    Morning all.

Think we must be lucky here as we only get weighed when booking in at first appointment and not again. She was happy to weigh me with my boots on too but I took them off! lol. I weighed myself last time every month or so just to see.

My friend's little boy has chicken pox so just waiting for my little boy to start with it. I have phoned midwife and as I have had it as a child I should be immune so no need to worry if he does get it.

How many ultrasounds scans do you have? We have at 12 weeks and 20 weeks unless any problems. (im 10 weeks now). I will see a consultant this time at 24 weeks to discuss c section/VBAC. Where last time I only saw a midwife until the actual C section.

Cooters - hope you visit goes ok. Just strip off to your undies! lol

Poke987 - house fire - sounds awful. What happened? Glad you were there and didnt get out of hand.

Helen

• poke987
    Helenmelon, I end up being unique for scans. My husband's eldest daughter has a heart condition, so that qualifies us to go get a closer look. We head to a bigger hospital for our babies around 20ish weeks for a fetal ekg. I had a missed miscarriage my first pregnancy that went a long time before we found out, so my GP is great and always does a scan for me to "establish dates" pretty early on. Then I get the usual 16ish week one. With my last we had some wacky test results so we saw him twice more even, while they tried to sort everything out (it was false positive, he's completely fine!) So, I guess I don't know what normal is!

I'm a little sad about another section. A VBA2C is only an option at a big city hospital. And even then they said they likely wouldn't accept me. Mt uterus adhered to my bladder with my first, so they had to remove it all, untangle it and such so i didn't stretch evenly with that scar tissue. By then end of my 2nd sons baking, it was super thin in the bottom. All in all I know the section is best, at our local hospital where all the others were born (and my mom was the OB/pediatric administrator for years) and safest for us. Still makes me a little wistful.

We had a chimney fire monday that cracked the flue and got into one exterior wall. Hubby and I were both home, we caught it quick. But still smoke and water damage and loads of repairs needing done. Ugh. And now I'm coughing. Wondering if we shouldn't be here. Trying to sort it all out. It's a big pain.
  • poke987 wrote: »
    I know it's early for lots of us... but fall babies? I'm just about 9 weeks with our newest little one. Im due october 18th. I have a 5yr old and a 2.5 yr old and we have full custody of my husband's 2 (12 and 15) I'm slightly anxious as all of a sudden my nausea is greatly reduced. It's been bad for a few weeks; i had been constantly snacking and eating a ton more carbs than I'm used to as that was all that kept me going. Still fighting the fatigue, so I've got that... but not feeling well had a slightly reassuring component as well. Had a missed miscarriage before my first so I fight those demons. Been to the GP but need to schedule my OB intake. Having lost 75 lbs in the past 2 years, I'm hopeful to have a much more healthful pregnancy. Plan to continue running (training for a half marathon in may) and try to gain less, but I'm aware that my body may have other ideas! As of Monday (weigh day) I'm at the top end, but still within my 5lb maintenance window, but I know I've been less active and certainly eating more... so some of that is real gain for sure. Now that I feel a bit better, I'm hoping to get back to better food choices.

• Im also due in the fall the first week in Oct and have also had a missed miscarriage. Had early scan and thank god so far everything seems good. Im extremely sick and the same as u am eating loads of carbs but its all i seem to be able for. Im hoping this sickness stops soon as im nearly 11 weeks and cant wait to exercise again but at the moment thats a big no no.
  • poke987
    Sad and worried around here. Im having some bleeding, well I had; last night. OB wants an ultrasound. Imaging is booked solid today, so I have to wait until tomorrow 8am. Ugh. No major cramping, so I'm trying to be hopeful. 11 weeks today.
  • poke987
    Saw our beautiful baby this morning... bouncing and kicking and throwing right hooks! Measuring slightly ahead at 11w6d! Heart beat healthy and strong. I've been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage and been told to "rest" at least for this week. They will see me Wednesday, and we hope symptoms will go away. For now, cramping and spotting continue but it sure did help to see that little one! Feeling so much more hopeful today... hopefully this is just another bump in the road!
  • helenmelon29
    Glad baby ok at the mo and please try and rest- it's hard sitting still tho! Everything is a worry! Fire sounds bad, my sister in law had same trouble couple years ago. They had fire brigade etc. they were lucky too but took a lot of cleaning up.

I'm 11 weeks on Wed so still hoping all ok, find out on 13th.

I'm just cleaning/ tidying etc today, then at work rest of the week.

Have a good day

• I am having a fall baby too- September 22. I have stopped weighing myself but i do know that i have gained a few. my nausea has been really bad this second pregnancy and all i feel like eating is bread type foods. argh. hoping to feel better soon. thanks for sharing your stories- its nice to have support!
  • helenmelon29
    Hi and congrats, think I'm dUe 22nd too. Will get defo date at 12 week scan. (All being well).

My 2.5 year poss has chicken pox so just waiting for that to develop. Hope it doesn't bother him much if he does.

• poke987
    Hi and congrats, think I'm dUe 22nd too. Will get defo date at 12 week scan. (All being well).

My 2.5 year poss has chicken pox so just waiting for that to develop. Hope it doesn't bother him much if he does.

Yipes, hope the pox don't hit too hard!
  • poke987
    Had my OB appointment today. According to them I gained exactly a pound since my intake (about 2 weeks ago) so he was happy with that. I'm 11 weeks 5 days, and according to my scale I've maintained my weight, but I'm fine with a pound too! Heard a nice heartbeat which of course eased my mind some more. As did his clearing me back to normal activity. Apparently there is no research that shows rest helps prevent miscarriage at all. So, I'm happily back to business. I did a slow easy paced run this afternoon, and am going to do barn chores by myself tonight! Did some testing, so I'm sure they will call with results. But now I don't see them for a month. I suspect it's going to be a long 4 weeks!
  • helenmelon29
    No sign of any chicken pox yet so will continue as normal for now! Hopefully he wont get it. We have a weekend away in London in 2 weeks so praying he doesnt get it for then! He is excited to go as we are going on a train. Hopefully we will be able to keep him entertained as it will take 3 hours to get there. Getting some new bits and bobs for him to play with. Any advice on travelling with a toddler appreciated.

Glad you had a good appointment, on my scales Im up about 3/4 pounds but I was expecting it as Ive not exercised much and eaten more than normal. I getting back on track now. I started the day with a banana and cherry smoothy.

I agree and dont think unfortunatly you can do much to avoid a miscarriage so I try not to worry about it and just continue my business! Fingers crossed all goes ok for everyone. Im 11 weeks, 1 day. (I think).

Hope you all have a good day
  • Sdbenich
    Sdbenich Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm due September 8th, and super scared to gain a ton of weight. I have a one year old son, I just moved last month, have a recently new job as I didn't work while I was pregnant last time,and have been really sick and emotional this time around. Id like to stay ahead of the game as far as post pregnancy weight loss goes and try not to gain too much to begin with, but I know being stressed out won't help! Any advice on snacks and light meals that are easy on the stomach AND nutritious? I sort of like to eat extremely often but not too much at one time, luckily. I'm 5'2" and started this pregnancy at 115. I gained 50 pounds last time and lost all but 5 pounds of it.. But I didn't work and I was active and didn't have another baby to care for, and my summer of not working and being able to play outside with my new baby a ton helped a lot with my weight loss and maintaining my weight. Just afraid to get super unhealthy as I'm aware of how difficult it is to get out of that rut!