feel like losing hope

ever feel like your losing hope on losing weight? You tried everything from under the sun, but nothing seems to work... I have felt that way many of times and have even gave up on losing weight. But I have two beautiful little girls who depends on me daily. They are my reasoning for working my butt off. I do not take any diet pills, nor do I go to the gym. I've lost 7 pounds since I've started MFP. And it feels good. I can only tell you what I have done. * I used to eat fast, well eating fast doesn't give your body enough time to let you know when your full, so I started eating slower and could tell when I was getting full. * I also ate big portions, food was so good to me, anyways I started eating food no bigger than the size of my palm. It has really worked for me. * I went to wal-mart and bought some weights to do at home and a workout ball. I do them every night, but when you have flabby thighs like I do it feels like nothing is working. So I bought ankle weights and boy do I love them. If you feel uncomfortable about your body, you have to learn to love yourself before you see any changes. I never loved myself to give myself the credit that I needed to believe I was beautiful. You have to BELIEVE. *** and also cut all sodas and bread out. Try it for a month and see the results. But you have to try. If anyone would like me to help please let me know. Been there done that I know how you feel. Also I weighed 203 and went down to 196, its not where I wanna be but I'm not giving up

Replies

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Eat Less and work out
  • AnitaDR04
    AnitaDR04 Posts: 9 Member
    It's great that you are not giving up! Sometimes it can get discouraging when you don't see any progress on the scale. That doesn't mean that changes aren't taking place in your body! Try to not think of what you are doing as a "diet". Think of it as a lifestyle change. Those two special little girls will follow in your healthy footsteps because you lead by example. Don't beat yourself up over bad days. We all have them. You can't totally do this! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always looking for more :)
  • Yodee
    Yodee Posts: 84 Member
    Good job - it sounds like you have a plan and are headed in the right direction! Keep on track and you will do well.
  • beautifulmamma23
    beautifulmamma23 Posts: 24 Member
    Yodee wrote: »
    Good job - it sounds like you have a plan and are headed in the right direction! Keep on track and you will do well.

Thank you I try my very best to do what I can do
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Eat Less and work out

she's doing that..... anyways good job! u have taken the first step which is the hardest. one day at a time! u can add me as a friend if u want. i have two children as well
  • beautifulmamma23
    AnitaDR04 wrote: »
    It's great that you are not giving up! Sometimes it can get discouraging when you don't see any progress on the scale. That doesn't mean that changes aren't taking place in your body! Try to not think of what you are doing as a "diet". Think of it as a lifestyle change. Those two special little girls will follow in your healthy footsteps because you lead by example. Don't beat yourself up over bad days. We all have them. You can't totally do this! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always looking for more :)

Thank you and I will add you as a friend. I love helping others to get help from them as well
  • beautifulmamma23
    Eat Less and work out

Yeah I don't know if you were trying to be smart about it or not, but you should never tell someone to eat less and workout. That's totally uncalled for. Smaller portions that's what its called. Like if you eat 6 pizzas cut it down to like 2 or 3
  • beautifulmamma23
    Eat Less and work out

she's doing that..... anyways good job! u have taken the first step which is the hardest. one day at a time! u can add me as a friend if u want. i have two children as well

Thanks. I've always been the chilled person and always kept in shape but after a few down falls, I've let go. But I feel more better where I am.now then were I was
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2015
    Eat Less and work out

Yeah I don't know if you were trying to be smart about it or not, but you should never tell someone to eat less and workout. That's totally uncalled for. Smaller portions that's what its called. Like if you eat 6 pizzas cut it down to like 2 or 3

What? You may not have liked the delivery, but why is it totally uncalled for?

Eating 3 pizzas not 6 is eating less....

ETA: there's nothing wrong with eating bread
  • beautifulmamma23
    Eat Less and work out

That was just an statement. No one said I ate pizzas. Telling someone to eat less is wrong to me. That's my opinion.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Eat Less and work out

That was just an statement. No one said I ate pizzas. Telling someone to eat less is wrong to me. That's my opinion.

You mentioned the pizzas....

Telling someone who wants to lose weight to eat less is wrong?! :huh: :noway:
  • beautifulmamma23
    Eat Less and work out

You mentioned the pizzas....

Telling someone who wants to lose weight to eat less is wrong?! :huh: :noway:

No I said to me it is wrong, for those who are at least trying to lose weight. I was using the pizzas as a example.... I'm not going just go up to someone and say heyy eat less and work out. I'll ask them what there are doing to lose weight. And you can find reasons to nick pick me all day long but i don't have time to go back in forth
  • beautifulmamma23
    Yodee wrote: »

Thank you ma'am
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Eat Less and work out

Maybe not for you but it actually may help others, like myself. I eat bread and pasta's and I crave sweets and lots of chocolate and can't quit eating them. I quit the bread and the pasta's and the cravings go away and I can have a piece or two and not eat a whole bag. It may be nothing to you but to others it is. Cutting out that stuff helped me lose over 200lbs and could bake till my hearts content without eating the sweets. Now that I'm back to eating those things my cravings for the sugars are off the charts and I'm gaining weight. I know what I have to do and cutting out breads and pasta's are on that list.
  • beautifulmamma23
    tmauck4472 wrote: »
    Eat Less and work out

Maybe not for you but it actually may help others, like myself. I eat bread and pasta's and I crave sweets and lots of chocolate and can't quit eating them. I quit the bread and the pasta's and the cravings go away and I can have a piece or two and not eat a whole bag. It may be nothing to you but to others it is. Cutting out that stuff helped me lose over 200lbs and could bake till my hearts content without eating the sweets. Now that I'm back to eating those things my cravings for the sugars are off the charts and I'm gaining weight. I know what I have to do and cutting out breads and pasta's are on that list.

Theres always going to be someone out there always thinking there right, but everyone's body is different. And congratulations on your lost and I have faith that you can do it again!!!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    many of us have our 'trigger' foods. things we have a heck of a hard time stopping at one. mine is candy and cake. i no longer bake and i dont keep candy in the house. im hoping once ive been at this for awhile i can reintroduce it without risking a binge. till then i will once and awhile buy an individual serving. gotta do what works
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat. I started off at about 193 and am down about 45 pounds. Portion control helps but the closer you get to goal the more accurate you have to be. Good luck.
  • beautifulmamma23
    many of us have our 'trigger' foods. things we have a heck of a hard time stopping at one. mine is candy and cake. i no longer bake and i dont keep candy in the house. im hoping once ive been at this for awhile i can reintroduce it without risking a binge. till then i will once and awhile buy an individual serving. gotta do what works

Your right!!!! And I'm happy that i have the support for you lady's. This means alot to me.
  • beautifulmamma23
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat. I started off at about 193 and am down about 45 pounds. Portion control helps but the closer you get to goal the more accurate you have to be. Good luck.

Thanks
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Yes, get a kitchen scale and use it to weigh everything that goes into your mouth. Your kitchen scale is your new best friend!

I used a kitchen scale and MFP and lost 18 kg. Then I thought I was happily done and stopped using the kitchen scale and MFP all together.
    1,5 years later, the 18 kg is back :-(
    So now I'm back here trying to make my wrongs right. I know what I need to do and how to do it, now all I need is my willpower back :-)
    you can add me if you want, I give support and advice based on my own experience.