I'll be "away" for bit longer

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Hi All,

I haven't been on much recently. I've been swamped with Church Christmas preparations and taking care of my old dog, Emily, who become very ill with her cancer. We finally had her put to sleep this morning.

I had gotten to 202 but the last 10 days or so have just been really blowing it. The emotions over knowing I was losing my old dog were just too much, so I decided not to focus on the diet/exercise for a bit. I'm taking a break I think through Christmas and then start fresh. I'm trying to watch what I eat but have gained 2 pounds back in 10 days. Not good I know but too much else happening right now. I had Emily since 1993, and she was very special to me.

Anyway, I'll be back around after the Christmas 'rush" season is over and things settle down a bit.

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Hi All,

I haven't been on much recently. I've been swamped with Church Christmas preparations and taking care of my old dog, Emily, who become very ill with her cancer. We finally had her put to sleep this morning.

I had gotten to 202 but the last 10 days or so have just been really blowing it. The emotions over knowing I was losing my old dog were just too much, so I decided not to focus on the diet/exercise for a bit. I'm taking a break I think through Christmas and then start fresh. I'm trying to watch what I eat but have gained 2 pounds back in 10 days. Not good I know but too much else happening right now. I had Emily since 1993, and she was very special to me.

Anyway, I'll be back around after the Christmas 'rush" season is over and things settle down a bit.
  • I'm very sorry for the loss of your furbaby. Take all the time you need! We'll be here for you when you get back!!! :) (((HUGS)))
  • I am so sorry to hear that!

Take care of yourself! MFP will be here when you are ready!

Amy
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Oh Shorerider, I really feel for you hun, I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone. :cry:
    You take a well deserved break and put your feet up and have some 'me time'.
    Take care, you know where I am if you wanna talk :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I lost my childhood doggie around the holiday's too once. It stinks!!! Sorry for the loss of your friend! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Sorry for your loss Shore.:frown: :brokenheart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    So sorry for your loss - take care
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Sorry every thing has been so hectic and VERY soory to hear about your doggie. Hope every thing settles down A LOT over the next week or so. And don't worry, you'll get back on track, you know you can do it, and we know you will do it!!!:bigsmile:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    I'm sorry to hear about your dog , it's so sad I lost my boxer to cancer andhad to put him down - he was just so sick. :brokenheart:

Take care of yourself.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    You're in my thoughts and prayers.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my cat several years ago so I feel your pain. :cry: Take care of yourself and when you're ready to come back we'll be here for you. God bless you. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Oh, Shore. I was just thinking about you this morning as I was wondering around the boards by myself looking for your up-beat posts. :frown: I had my childhood dog die of cancer when I was 19. So painful. I'm so sorry you had to put your doggie down today & that the stress of the holidays is getting to you. Hang in there. *hugs* :heart:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Take care yourself shore:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    I'm so sorry! Losing a pet is so hard. :cry: :brokenheart:

Take care of yourself.:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Awwwwwww Shore! I'm so sorry for your loss! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Shore, so sorry for your loss. I still miss my rachey girl and it has been a year. I had her 16 so God is good. :brokenheart:

That has to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. :cry:

My heart goes out to you :heart: :heart:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Please don't stay away long. You're an inspiration.
  • So sorry for your loss. :cry: Enjoy relaxing over the holidays and come back strong and in a whole new year! :heart:
  • So sorry for your loss. It's not easy we lost two of our pets three months apart. They were just like our kids. Except they loved you no matter what. Take care and come back will be here waiting for you. :wink:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    So sorry for your loss, Shore. Hope your holidays and good and I look forward to your return after the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.