Sometimes I really hate being a woman...

Ladies, many of you know how it is. My PMS cravings are usually bad, but some months they are in complete overdrive. This is one of them. I feel like I could dive into a 100 pound bag of Cheetos and eat my way to the bottom, lol. Anyway, just venting...:).

Replies

• BlueDaisy717
    BlueDaisy717 Posts: 37 Member
    Haha, true that! Seriously I feel like I could eat my entire kitchen :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Grrrrr I'm feeling ya! A couple days before, I feel like a bottomless pit!
    Last month I made a 450 calorie per slice cheesecake. I devoured the whole thing in one day :cold_sweat:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I've found that exercising helps both with the cravings and the pain when it hits!

For snacking, keep some raw almonds and dark chocolate chips around - pre-weigh and bag them up so they're easy to grab, if necessary! For salty (I'm with ya on the 100lbs of Cheetos!), air pop some popcorn (or do it in the micro in a brown lunch bag - no oil, just fold the bag down once or twice and pop like you would store-bought microwave popcorn, listen for the popping to slow down so it doesn't burn! - toss with some salt and a little butter or melted coconut oil, or other seasonings that you like. Another one that helps my salty/sweet cravings - sliced apples and a mozzarella cheese stick! Another favorite sweet fix - take a 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and stir in a tbs of Nutella. Add fresh strawberries if you have them - it's delicious!

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Grrrrr I'm feeling ya! A couple days before, I feel like a bottomless pit!
    Last month I made a 450 calorie per slice cheesecake. I devoured the whole thing in one day :cold_sweat:

LOL...I can't say I blame you. I could do that right now and more. I'm trying very hard to stay within my calories today, but it's certainly not easy. :\

• jnv7594
    edited March 2015
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    I've found that exercising helps both with the cravings and the pain when it hits!

For snacking, keep some raw almonds and dark chocolate chips around - pre-weigh and bag them up so they're easy to grab, if necessary! For salty (I'm with ya on the 100lbs of Cheetos!), air pop some popcorn (or do it in the micro in a brown lunch bag - no oil, just fold the bag down once or twice and pop like you would store-bought microwave popcorn, listen for the popping to slow down so it doesn't burn! - toss with some salt and a little butter or melted coconut oil, or other seasonings that you like. Another one that helps my salty/sweet cravings - sliced apples and a mozzarella cheese stick! Another favorite sweet fix - take a 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and stir in a tbs of Nutella. Add fresh strawberries if you have them - it's delicious!

Thanks for the ideas. :) I usually just try to up my protein as that seems to help. Today I exceeded my protein by 40. Exercising is a good idea actually. I know that does diminish my appetite for a bit. One thing that helps me with my sweet tooth is the Werther's Original Chocolate Caramel flavor. Only 40 calories for 5. :) I've been eating those today. Still, it's a struggle. *sigh*

BTW I'm definitely going to try the greek yogurt with Nutella and strawberries. Sounds so yummy. I don't have any strawberries now, or I would try it. I'll have to get some tomorrow. The cravings will still be going strong then I'm sure.

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    I'm with you. I've had a few bad days this week between pms, cheesecake, and girl scout cookies. I asked my hubby to finish the cheesecake so I couldn't, which he happily did. And I tossed the remaining cookies in the trash. So now I am doubling up the workout to try and salvage my week.
  • jnv7594
    edited March 2015
    I'm with you. I've had a few bad days this week between pms, cheesecake, and girl scout cookies. I asked my hubby to finish the cheesecake so I couldn't, which he happily did. And I tossed the remaining cookies in the trash. So now I am doubling up the workout to try and salvage my week.

There are a few things I'm glad I don't have in the house right now...cheesecake is one of them. I can usually manage to stay within my calories on PMS days, but man is it a struggle. When it's really bad, I go into maintenance for a couple days just so I can eat more, lol. I've avoided that so far this week, but if I feel like this tomorrow, I may have to just so I don't lose my mind. :p
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Why can't our periods just go away when we're done having kids!!
  • If possible don't keep those items in the house, so that they aren't easily accessible. However I still have to satisfy my sugar craving, therefore I opt for jelly beans. Most are only 4 Calories each & since they're chewy, consuming just 6 of them, takes approximately the same amount of time; that it takes me to devour 2 cookies. I'll typically eat 24 jelly beans a day, for a total of only 96 Calories daily. Plus since I separate them into servings of 6 each, I don't feel deprived of junk food because I am consuming it; 4 times daily.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    I can relate too. My diary this week is a mess! Now I'm reading the message board and walking on the spot just to make up for today's choices. I still have about 300 calories to burn off. So happy that I invested in a FitBit to help me try to keep my calories eaten total less than my calories burned total (although today I don't know if I'll make it under!)
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Air-popped popcorn is my friend all the time, but especially at THAT time.

I've got to be just about done with the monthlies...at least I hope so.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member

^^ YES!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    jnv7594 wrote: »

BTW I'm definitely going to try the greek yogurt with Nutella and strawberries. Sounds so yummy. I don't have any strawberries now, or I would try it. I'll have to get some tomorrow. The cravings will still be going strong then I'm sure.
    Don't let lack of berries hold you back - it's awesome without them too!

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    I usually don't keep all that junk in the house. But I hadn't baked in awhile and so I felt like making a cheesecake. With dark chocolate, and cherry topping. Ha. It was delicious. But so not worth the calories.
  • It may not be the best, but I allow myself 1 day where I just don't pay attention to calories, nutrition, etc. If I'm already cranky and feel horrible, sometimes that candy bar and pint of ice cream is what I want, damn it. But, I then wake up the next morning and do my best to stay on track that day.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    I found for me I started eating a little bit of chocolate every night and it works for me. I usually make my own coconut chocolate truffles, but lately I do a half serving of Brookside chocolates. The three I have tried so far are raspberry with goji, acai blueberry, and pomegranite. I found it is best to really savor them, not just wolf them down. They work for me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member

GASP!
    76z4044lvmpw.jpeg

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member

I wish we could just turn them off until we want to have kids, then go away when we're done.
  • Not an easy time to lose weight when its THAT TIME OF THE MONTH,the cravings can be unbelievable. I always joke with my husband that the baby making days are over and i am still looking for that off button. Dont you ladies think that there should be an off button when we are done making our family???? Yes I do!!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited March 2015
    shcraddock wrote: »
    It may not be the best, but I allow myself 1 day where I just don't pay attention to calories, nutrition, etc. If I'm already cranky and feel horrible, sometimes that candy bar and pint of ice cream is what I want, damn it. But, I then wake up the next morning and do my best to stay on track that day.

This is a good idea. I think it helps to soothe some of those cravings, esp. if you can keep the rest of your week in check if you give in - at least a little - on the couple of really rough days. For me it is always sugar, sugar, sugar sugar....it gets so bad that sometimes I dont' want to eat ANYTHING all day except Froot Loops (my favorite cereal besides Capn Crunch Crunchberries...lol)

I think allowing yourself 1 day "off" a month is a great idea, as long as you don't get too many of those and don't consume like, 10,000 calories, lol