Sometimes I really hate being a woman...

Replies

• BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    have you ever considered going on a birth control that will stop your periods? I have the arm implant and only get one once every 3-4 months, they're also lighter and I don't get the bad mood swings, food cravings, water weight gain, and other problems like I have in the past.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    have you ever considered going on a birth control that will stop your periods? I have the arm implant and only get one once every 3-4 months, they're also lighter and I don't get the bad mood swings, food cravings, water weight gain, and other problems like I have in the past.

Trust me, I use the pill for the same purpose, and not only do I still get cramps during those TOMs (admittedly less horrid ones than before the pill), I still want to eat every fatty, greasy, salty thing I can get my hands on.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Why does it have to be hard to be a woman? I feel you all.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    I hear you for sure. I don’t get cravings as much as my hunger feeling is a billion times worse than standard hunger and seems unbearable. I usually eat closer to maintenance around that time, but don’t beat myself up because after that time of the month I lose my appetite so I eat a bit below my set calorie goal. I like to think it balances out!

In other words, maybe look at weekly calories instead of daily? That might help.

Also, I find that if I do have a craving, it doesn’t matter how many healthy snacks I try to eat as substitutes, it doesn’t go away. It could be that a small amount of whatever you crave is both more satisfying and more calorie efficient.
  • WednesdayJanuary07th2015
    edited March 2015

Those are very dangerous, many women have died from blood clots. Period blood is waste, that should always be expelled from the body, with the exception of those that bleed excessively. Taking those is like taking Kaopectate, just because you don't feel like dealing with the chore; of defecating. When instead it should only be used to stop diarrhea.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Those are very dangerous, many women have died from blood clots. Period blood is waste, that should always be expelled from the body, with the exception of those that bleed excessively. Taking those is like taking Kaopectate, just because you don't feel like dealing with the chore; of defecating. When instead it should only be used to stop diarrhea.

Um, NO.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited March 2015

Ahh, I had an ablation years ago and let me tell you, just because you don't bleed, doesn't mean you don't get a period. I'll eat the house and rip off someone's head still, no problem.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

I used to have the implanon and had no periods for 3 years.
    I quizzed a couple of doctors about what you mentioned, and they 100 % assured me that not having your monthlies makes zero difference health wise.
    I'd guess the blood clot thing would be the exception rather than the rule...

• JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Along the same lines as the jellybeans only with chocolate are tootsie roll midgets. Only 11 calories each and they're chewy so it takes a little bit to eat one. I'm eating one right now!
  • DangerousDUCK
    DangerousDUCK Posts: 181 Member
    I love being a man just sayin... ;)
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    I get the Cheetos thing - that is why I love that the grocery store sells the individual mini-bags. I usually keep one or two (usually 2 since they are 2 for $1) of Cheetos or Doritos (or one of each) around the house so that if I really want them I have them but don't have a giant bag of them. They are only about 150 calories for a bag, so not to hard to fit in (I usually have a snack at night that is something more indulgent, like a mini cupcake or ice cream, so I just sub in the Cheetos) and that way there isn't a huge bag around the house. I just have to make sure the shopping happens when I don't want them, so that I don't buy like 15 bags. So that is always an option you can try.
  • Christine_72
    I love being a man just sayin... ;)

Haha yeah we women have to put up with alot.. Which is why we are the superior sex :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Why does it have to be hard to be a woman? I feel you all.

Because we are so much tougher! Most men couldn't begin to handle the things we deal with.

I have to say that PMS does nothing to my appetite though, good or bad.
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    This has been my week too. Such a struggle!!! Nutella with cottage cheese on toast has been my saviour...
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member

blood clots are a small risk to most hormonal birth control users, it has nothing to do with how often you get your period, and the chances increase if you're a smoker.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    It's been awful for me this month. I always get ravenously hungry starting the week before. I didn't want to go over my calories, so once the hunger hit I exercised a ton so that I could eat more. The extra exercise threw my body off and made my period late, although I still got cramps anyhow for 3 days until it finally came. Now two more days of cramps. Still hungry and eating everything in sight, and the only thing that's kept my deficit in tact is doing an hour and a half of cardio every day. Yet the water weight gain still has me up over three pounds. The joy of being a woman!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member

I was on a pill from the age of 15 until 21 that gave me 3 periods a year, even in that fairly early stage it caused no issues and multiple doctors assured me and my family it was very safe. I had horrifyingly bad bleeding and cramps, enough to make me non-functioning for 3+ days each time I got my period and made me very anemic. Supplements galore to stay normal. My folks were understandable wary of putting a 'kid' on birth control (had periods starting at age 9) but it helped a lot and I had no health issues regarding it.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member

No, the two are not comparable. Period blood is not a 'waste' like faeces is. It builds up in the uterus wall as protective lining, in case you happen to conceive. And if you get pregnant, it stays there. It serves a function.

The whole idea behind the pill is that it provides 'pregnancy' hormones, so you hold onto your lining and you don't release any more eggs. During pregnancy, your body would naturally retain the lining. If your body retained faeces for that long, you would be dead. I can see where you were trying to come from, but the underlying biological functions and processes are very different. I hope that helps a little.

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2015
    I gave into my PMS cravings last Sunday and ate ALL my calories in cheese. I don't think I will have a craving for cheese for 6 months.
  • Christine_72
    palwithme wrote: »
    I gave into my PMS cravings last Sunday and ate ALL my calories in cheese. I don't think I will have a craving for cheese for 6 months.

HaHa you go girl :smiley::+1: