Sometimes I really hate being a woman...

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    I gave into my PMS cravings last Sunday and ate ALL my calories in cheese. I don't think I will have a craving for cheese for 6 months.

That is Awesome. Cheese is my nemesis. So much love.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    palwithme wrote: »
    I gave into my PMS cravings last Sunday and ate ALL my calories in cheese. I don't think I will have a craving for cheese for 6 months.

LOL...this is one of the first posts I saw when I opened this up today. Made me laugh. I ended up eating a big salad for supper with lots of protein and went to bed. I somehow managed to stay within my calories just barely...hopefully I'll have the same luck today. Although a bundlet from Nothing Bundt Cakes is calling my name. I may just go out and get one. Hey, they are only 400ish calories per cake. :neutral_face: ...But worth every damn calorie.

rm3n93ivhn68.jpg

ls.jpg 16.4K
  • jnv7594
    I love being a man just sayin... ;)

Are you sure you want to say that in a thread full of hormonal women? ;)

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    I am SO OVER IT when it comes to TOM! When I turned 50 one of the few bright spots was the impending lack of period. Every 28 days though I get reminded that I am still young at heart!
  • jnv7594
    Along the same lines as the jellybeans only with chocolate are tootsie roll midgets. Only 11 calories each and they're chewy so it takes a little bit to eat one. I'm eating one right now!

Yes, these helped me today. I usually don't go for sugar free stuff, but couldn't find this flavor in regular. Plus, they don't have that bad aftertaste that some sugar free stuff does. They are actually really good. Five for 40 calories, and they last quite a while when you eat them.

ubbig3602fre.jpg

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    I'm with you. Most months I plan an extra little treat for myself to fight off the cravings. But some months, I go crazy. Eating pounds of chocolate also keeps those in my immediate vicinity safer. :p
  • jnv7594
    Why can't our periods just go away when we're done having kids!!

OMG I know, right? I've been wondering this for years, lol. My daughter is 12. I'm not having any more, so it can stop any time now. :)

• suruda
    those Werthers sugar free caramels have gotten me through many sweet cravings!
  • jnv7594
    edited March 2015
    I get the Cheetos thing - that is why I love that the grocery store sells the individual mini-bags. I usually keep one or two (usually 2 since they are 2 for $1) of Cheetos or Doritos (or one of each) around the house so that if I really want them I have them but don't have a giant bag of them. They are only about 150 calories for a bag, so not to hard to fit in (I usually have a snack at night that is something more indulgent, like a mini cupcake or ice cream, so I just sub in the Cheetos) and that way there isn't a huge bag around the house. I just have to make sure the shopping happens when I don't want them, so that I don't buy like 15 bags. So that is always an option you can try.

Yes, my daughter was eating them in front of me yesterday. I should have just gotten a small bag for myself but didn't think of it until she started eating hers. I was almost like...

8h8tkmz0vh9n.gif

• jnv7594
    suruda wrote: »
    those Werthers sugar free caramels have gotten me through many sweet cravings!

They're so yummy. I only just found them a couple days ago when I was shopping. They really helped me yesterday.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I'd rather period issues than menopause issues... that's just me though.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    You can avoid PMS by getting pregnant! No period for almost a whole year lolol
  • suruda

That's my nightmare...can you imagine having a baby at 51? yikes!
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    suruda wrote: »

That's my nightmare...can you imagine having a baby at 51? yikes!

The problem with that is, you make up for the 9 months of not having a period by bleeding for 4-6 weeks straight. One of the many things they don't tell you about being pregnant.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Last time PMS hit hard, I ate 4500 calories that day... it was last week. For me it's the ravenous 'I need to eat now or I'm going to pass out' hunger that kills me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Last time PMS hit hard, I ate 4500 calories that day... it was last week. For me it's the ravenous 'I need to eat now or I'm going to pass out' hunger that kills me.

I got somewhat like that two weeks ago too!! Even my boyfriend was wondering: "Aren't you dieting?" Especially since I was all like

giphy.gif

I didn't care... screw it if it messed up my deficit... LOL!! You either want a happy chick or an angry B1+ch. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

I got somewhat like that two weeks ago too!! Even my boyfriend was wondering: "Aren't you dieting?" Especially since I was all like

giphy.gif

I didn't care... screw it if it messed up my deficit... LOL!! You either want a happy chick or an angry B1+ch. :laugh:

LMAO I love that gif.
  • Horseymama
    Horseymama Posts: 19 Member
    Oh I am so glad I stumbled onto this post! I'm grouchy, PMSing and have "the hunger" that no mere apple or celery stick could even think of conquering. I'm talking salty bag of chips, dark chocolate deliciousness followed by a Nibs licorice chaser......sigh.....
    Why can't our cravings be for cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes? Nooooo!
  • jnv7594
    edited March 2015

giphy.gif

This is me tonight, lol. I ended up ordering pizza. I think the crazed look I was giving the pizza guy while it took him forever to run my debit card scared him. :smiley: He now knows the look of a woman on the edge.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    jnv7594 wrote: »

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is me tonight, lol. I ended up ordering pizza. I think the crazed look I was giving the pizza guy while it took him forever to run my debit card scared him. :smiley: He now knows the look of a woman on the edge.

LMAO. I just choked on my water!!! :laugh: