Tired of being sick and tired

brittster52
brittster52 Posts: 28 Member
i am a type 1 diabetic. Have been since I was a child. My diet consisted of fast food and anything quick not to mention drinking as much as I wanted with little exercise or care about nutritional content in the food I was eating and even though I was frustrated with my weight and pant size it never seem to motivate me enough to get active. Then at one point I just decided enough was enough got a gym membership started with small stats just walking on the treadmill eventually moving up to the elliptical focusing basically on cardio and after a couple months the way just dropped off after I saw the Waze start dropping off I became more conscious about my nutritional values of my food the faster the weight dropped off. It wasn't easy but it was worth it

Replies

• brittster52
    qvnv18qkhoye.jpg
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    wow, that's a fantastic transformation, well done.

ps - your thighs are amazing, I would love it if I could get mine to be that slim!
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Wow, some serious motivation here! I'm type 1 too and struggle introducing exercise since my blood sugars go crazy even after 30 minutes walking. Did you have to do a lot of adjusting at the beginning and how long did it take for you to be able to control your bloods around exercise?
  • arhummel
    arhummel Posts: 32 Member
    You are smokin!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    nice! has anyone ever told you that you look like Kat Von D? Congrats girl :)
  • brittster52
    Wow, some serious motivation here! I'm type 1 too and struggle introducing exercise since my blood sugars go crazy even after 30 minutes walking. Did you have to do a lot of adjusting at the beginning and how long did it take for you to be able to control your bloods around exercise?

I still struggle because I'm sure as you know no two days with diabetes are the same. I know I like my blood sugars to be 175-190 range ( my endo argues with me that that's too high but I know my body well enough) sometimes after a workout it'll spike up because of the adrenalin and after about 45 minutes it'll come down on its own and others I have to take insulin. I do about 45 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week :)
  • brittster52
    nice! has anyone ever told you that you look like Kat Von D? Congrats girl :)

Thank you :) and no I haven't heard that one yet!!! Thank you!
  • mikeyninja
    mikeyninja Posts: 18 Member
    Wow great job.
  • big_87
    big_87 Posts: 12 Member
    Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Great work...you look stunning!
  • Ticklemynose
    Ticklemynose Posts: 47 Member
    Great job! You look so tone and full of energy. Do you mind sharing what it has done for your self confidence?
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    you look fantastic! thanks for the inspiration.
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    honestly? you look every bit as fantastic in your before pic as u do now. My dad is a diabetic too and always getting on my case to lose weight lol. G'luck with your goals and awesome job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!