Chinese take out calories!

For dinner tonight I had steamed shrimp with veggies and brown rice from a chinese restaurant. I chose the steam as it was featured in their diet menu. I'm just not sure how many calories I consumed, as the restaurant did not specify. I had one of the take out rectangle dishes, I would assume it's maybe 2 servings? I only ate half of it.. I hope I didn't go over my calories!
Does anyone know or can you guess, how many calories I probably had?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    look it up in the database.

i eat chinese all the time (had some for lunch actually LOL) most everything is in there- its just a matter of finding what seems to be closest. those rectangle containers can hold between 3-4 CUPS of stuff, if its the one im thinking of.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Your guess is as good as mine, so why don't you trying guessing, seeing as you actually saw how much food you consumed, whereas I did not.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    There are plenty of entries in the database, but you will have to guess the portion sizes since a food scale there isn't exactly practical.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Yummy!

Find a generic listing for the foods you ate in the database. When in doubt, I always try to overestimate my portions (when entering them) because I don't know that I'm not just "thinking" I ate only X amount, and because who knows what add-ins are in any particular restaurant's dishes, how much oil was used and so on.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Find as close as you can and guesstimate up.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Find as close as you can and guesstimate up.

yeah that's what I do.
    I also overestimate because you can't be 100% sure.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I'm just not sure how many calories I consumed...

It's chinese take-out - you consumed all of them.

:drinker:

• Mr_Knight wrote: »

And then you were hungry 15 minutes later...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

And then you were hungry 15 minutes later...

HaHa yes indeedy!! Happens every time I have chinese :grumble:
  • nhalmos242
    nhalmos242 Posts: 1 Member
    ashleycde wrote: »
    Your guess is as good as mine, so why don't you trying guessing, seeing as you actually saw how much food you consumed, whereas I did not.

snarky
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    I say Google the ingredients or find their website. Now I want Chinese food..thanks a lot :wink:
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Just log an additional millionty-billion calories. At least, that's what I do because if I'm spending money on something like chinese, only thing steamed is going to be the dumplings. :wink:
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Love Chinese! I'm learning to pick better choices when I eat it but tend to still over do it. I just search the database and pick the closest one. Chain restaurants are easier to figure out.