Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Posted on the main boards.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150225132105.htm

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,879 Member
    I bet that went over well on the main boards lol. Good article, thanks for sharing.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Nice!
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Agreed, so not surprising! All the more reason to champion choosing real food over unnatural ones. What you eat DOES make a difference. :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Of course on the main boards they said "fine in moderation". The answer to all things that allows them to keep eating McDonalds. :smile:
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Great article. Wish I'd seen it sooner. I'm sending this to some family who simply do not believe that what they eat affects how they feel. Not that they will change their minds. I am always amazed at how closely-held beliefs about food can be such challenging topics.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Of course on the main boards they said "fine in moderation". The answer to all things that allows them to keep eating McDonalds. :smile:

The main board threads always seem to turn into a bunch of shirtless bro's bragging about how much ice cream they eat and calling anyone who raises concerns about anything a "fearmonger". I don't even need to read them anymore.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    ^^ oh yes!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited March 2015

The main board threads always seem to turn into a bunch of shirtless bro's bragging about how much ice cream they eat and calling anyone who raises concerns about anything a "fearmonger". I don't even need to read them anymore.

Have you ever looked at their diets?
    One of the loudest members of the shirtless mafia goes on and on about how he meets his macros and micros and then eats whatever he wants.
    I looked at several weeks of his diary.
    It was:
    eggs
    cereal
    milk
    tuna
    chicken
    atkins frozen dinners on a daily basis
    deli meat sandwiches
    meat
    ONE potato
    and a couple hundred calories of gelato a night.

First: bleh.
    Second: he must have different micros than me, since there's NO WAY he's meeting most of them with no plants.
    third: what a boring, boring boring diet!
    fourth: how does he poop?
    oh, those atkins frozen dinners? He stalks the low carb threads touting CICO.
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    ^^ lol!!

I like your fourth point... :smiley: