Do vegetarians watch their carb intake??? When losing weight???

Options
im just wondering. How many grams of carb you intake when your trying to lose weight if you are a vegetarian or vegan.

Replies

• notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty high carb vegan, I eat between 120 and 175 grams most days depending on whether I work out or not. I'm VERY low calorie though, eating between 1200 and 1350 I lose about 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. (I'm 5'8 and 186 lbs, lost near 40 lbs this way.)
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty high carb vegan, I eat between 120 and 175 grams most days depending on whether I work out or not. I'm VERY low calorie though, eating between 1200 and 1350 I lose about 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. (I'm 5'8 and 186 lbs, lost near 40 lbs this way.)

So days you don't workout how much carbs you intake??

• musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    High carb vegetarian here. I watch only the total calories. I also eat a high-fat diet, whole yogurt, whole milk etc. I lost about 20 lbs to get close to my target weight. However, I found it difficult to lose weight just by watching calories. I also burn 800-900 calories on a treadmill.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I eat fairly high-carb, too, though more low-fat, and almost zero diary. I don't really worry about carb numbers. I eat pretty much any and all leafy, green and colorful vegetables, and a variety of fruits almost every day. Personally, I track more for sodium intake for high blood pressure and I do try to keep my calories low, since exercise isn't high on my priority list (even though it should be). I've lost around 40 lbs this way and, even more important, I've kept it off for over 2 years now.