Reasons to get fit... Girlfriend someday

lgquinnross
lgquinnross Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2015 in Chit-Chat
I'm 23 years old and never had a girlfriend, but does this really matter. Yeah missing out on all the experiences everyone else has been through but that's alright for now. I'm working out to make change for myself, to better who I am. I'll find girl of dreams after I am big and have a few other goals taken care of as well.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Good luck?
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I work out so I can have chocolate. I guess we all have to have goals.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    You're only 23. Why do you even want a girlfriend? Focus on you.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

Mine reasons are ice cream.
  • Forty6and2

Mine reasons are ice cream.

Also, wasabi ginger lays chips!
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    youre looking good to me :)
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    You should work out for yourself and your self-confidence not so you look good enough for someone. When the person is the right one, it doesn't matter whether you have a six pack or not, your heart matters. Good luck to you. Do this for YOU!
  • amberschofield56
    amberschofield56 Posts: 260 Member
    Im doing it so i feel good about myself :D
  • philasaurus_rex
    philasaurus_rex Posts: 2,340 Member
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    Good luck?

HAHA!
  • livvi2691
    livvi2691 Posts: 191 Member
    Expand your friendship group..? You're young anyway, you don't need a girlfriend, focus on being awesome, then when you have an amazing job, your own house, several cars and the body to die for, you can have your first girlfriend and you will have so many throwing themselves at you that you will get to pick and choose the perfect one for you! I wish I had waited instead of wasting my time with idiots that I thought were the best I could get :') improve yourself and be confident! Never settle :)
  • fitmissbliss
    fitmissbliss Posts: 126 Member
    You know, I initially started losing weight and getting fit b/c I was sick of being the funny fat friend with a "pretty face". To some degree, I think I partly wanted to attract more male attention. Funny thing is...once you start losing and getting fit you realize that you are awesome...male/female attention or not. I seriously catch certain views of myself now and I'm like "daaaammmmnnnn self!".
    Just do you. Work on you. Be happy. You may or not meet someone...but really...your life is about sooo much more than finding a girlfriend. Take up hobbies, figure out what you like and work to be happy independent of another person. It's totally worth it.
    I promise!
    Good luck!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member

Mine is for chicken burgers ;)
  • lgquinnross
    Yep I've heard this before haha. Truth is when you want a certain lifestyle you need to do certain things and the things that go along with that are pretty awesome, like all benefits of working out. My favorite is higher confidence! Getting big is just step 1...
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    You're only 23. Why do you even want a girlfriend? Focus on you.
    ridiculous
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    You should work out for yourself and your self-confidence not so you look good enough for someone. When the person is the right one, it doesn't matter whether you have a six pack or not, your heart matters. Good luck to you. Do this for YOU!
    This, this and a bit more this. Guess it easy to say in my 40's but men I found attractive knew themselves and not trying to impress anyone. Be yourself and you'll find someone. Anyone that's toally driven by physic at 20+ is going to be sadly disappoined as you head towards 40+
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    I'm 23 years old and never had a girlfriend or did anything except be friends with a girl. One of the hidden reasons I'm working out. As you can see it's not I'm unattractive it's fact I become friends with all the girls that have boyfriends.

Don't become friends with girls just in the hope they'll then become your girlfriend then. Most girls are probably going to see through that early on and to be honest, it's a bit manipulative. Like you don't appreciate them as human beings who are worth being with but as a prize to work to. Workout for your own benefit, because it makes you happy. Be friends with people because you like being friends with them. I can't say for sure a relationship will suddenly crop up, because I've been single for 12 years so no success story to share with you here. But aiming for a relationship as if it can be planned in advance is going to lead to failure.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    I want to become a cloud:

64e142e20fc7fea6d0c74aa4ad712a37.png

• Forty6and2
    I'm 23 years old and never had a girlfriend or did anything except be friends with a girl. One of the hidden reasons I'm working out. As you can see it's not I'm unattractive it's fact I become friends with all the girls that have boyfriends.

Don't become friends with girls just in the hope they'll then become your girlfriend then. Most girls are probably going to see through that early on and to be honest, it's a bit manipulative. Like you don't appreciate them as human beings who are worth being with but as a prize to work to. Workout for your own benefit, because it makes you happy. Be friends with people because you like being friends with them. I can't say for sure a relationship will suddenly crop up, because I've been single for 12 years so no success story to share with you here. But aiming for a relationship as if it can be planned in advance is going to lead to failure.

*slow clap*

Exactly this!
  • amberschofield56
    amberschofield56 Posts: 260 Member
    Dont workout just for girls. Workout so you can gain confidence. Also as others have said expand your friendship group:)
  • lgquinnross
    Haha i treat my friends as friends and treat them as humans. I'm not made to do things on my own I need support.