Sometimes I really hate being a woman...

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Other mammals definitely bleed, including dogs.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I think a lot of countries unfortunately encourage early spaying of dogs. So most owners never go through having dogs in heat which do bleed.
    Also I don't know if all wild animals bleed or not, as they usually mate as soon as the come into heat.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Ladies, many of you know how it is. My PMS cravings are usually bad, but some months they are in complete overdrive. This is one of them. I feel like I could dive into a 100 pound bag of Cheetos and eat my way to the bottom, lol. Anyway, just venting...:).

To be honest, I haven't read through the responses since I'm at work.

I have to say though, I absolutely HATE this mentality. Sure pms can be bad and we joke/complain about it constantly, but to say you hate being a woman because of it? Ridiculously over dramatic and not needed at all.

Agreed. I love being a woman and wouldn't change if for the world. Today is International Womens Day and we should be celebrating who we are instead of making PMS jokes which is a way of making women feel like crap about their bodies but done by both genders.

I'm sorry but it's hard to take your comment seriously when your username is "myfatass78." Really? You think my post makes women feel like crap about their bodies, and yet, you have that username? Anyway....

Edit: I see someone else noticed this as well. Still worth mentioning though.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    MKEgal wrote: »
    have you ever considered going on a birth control that will stop your periods? I have the arm implant and only get one once every 3-4 months, they're also lighter and I don't get the bad mood swings, food cravings, water weight gain, and other problems like I have in the past.
    Wednesday wrote:
    Those are very dangerous, many women have died from blood clots.
    Period blood is waste, that should always be expelled from the body
    Hormonal conception control does increase the risk of blood clots, esp. as a woman gets older or if she smokes.

Yeah, I'm in at least one of those categories, so Dr. says no. That's kind of ok, though - I hated BC when I was on it. Except the only other option is pain meds.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Ladies, many of you know how it is. My PMS cravings are usually bad, but some months they are in complete overdrive. This is one of them. I feel like I could dive into a 100 pound bag of Cheetos and eat my way to the bottom, lol. Anyway, just venting...:).

I have to say though, I absolutely HATE this mentality. Sure pms can be bad and we joke/complain about it constantly, but to say you hate being a woman because of it? Ridiculously over dramatic and not needed at all.

Agreed. I love being a woman and wouldn't change if for the world. Today is International Womens Day and we should be celebrating who we are instead of making PMS jokes which is a way of making women feel like crap about their bodies but done by both genders.

I'm sorry but it's hard to take your comment seriously when your username is "myfatass78." Really? You think my post makes women feel like crap about their bodies, and yet, you have that username? Anyway....

Again, that is my sense of humour. I consider myself a feminist as well. Why can't I be ironic ?
  • jnv7594
    edited March 2015

Again, that is my sense of humour. I consider myself a feminist as well. Why can't I be ironic ?

Then why can't you see the humor in my post as well? I'm not going to argue about this. It's not worth it. I'm just saying your criticism of my post is a bit hypocritical. Have a good night. :)

• myfatass78
    Hmmmm. There is some serious PMS going on here for sure plus hunger. Yes, thank you, I will have a great night.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    MjAxMi05NDMyMGZiMTQ3YTlhYjQ5.png[img][/img]
  • jnv7594
    edited March 2015
    Hmmmm. There is some serious PMS going on here for sure plus hunger. Yes, thank you, I will have a great night.

lol...My response has zero to do with PMS or hunger. I would feel this way on any day of the month. Given your username and your responses, your criticism of my initial post was hypocritical. It's interesting that when you do it, it's humor and irony, but when I do it, it's offensive to you. And weren't you the one speaking out against PMS jokes, and here you are making a condescending remark about my response being due to PMS and hunger when I actually have a legitimate point that you are dismissing. Anywayyyy...Bye. :)
  • jnv7594

LOL! That's funny. :) I wish.

• myfatass78
    Hahaha. Yup caught out with that one lol (Slaps herself on the wrist)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member

Oh, okay. (taking notes on what the exact acceptable plan is according to myfatass78) Myfatass78's "black humor" reducing women to just one body part, in a jeering/condemning way: Okey-dokey karaoke. Anyone else's humor: a repulsive slap in the face of women everywhere.

I think I got it! What do I win?

You must be a scream at parties, hon. :lol: Ah well. We'll all keep on being actually funny, you keep on being...whatever that is you're being.

As my mother always said: It takes all kinds, etc. ;)

• LAWoman72

Ah ha ha ha! Sounds like a plan to me, where do I sign?

• myfatass78
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

Oh, okay. (taking notes on what the exact acceptable plan is according to myfatass78) Myfatass78's "black humor" reducing women to just one body part, in a jeering/condemning way: Okey-dokey karaoke. Anyone else's humor: a repulsive slap in the face of women everywhere.

I think I got it! What do I win?

You must be a scream at parties, hon. :lol: Ah well. We'll all keep on being actually funny, you keep on being...whatever that is you're being.

As my mother always said: It takes all kinds, etc. ;)

I'm a blast at parties !!!
  • tomatoey
    I'm a woman and you all sound like a bunch of hens. Stop it
  • tomatoey
    i don't know what a bunch of hens sound like but i think it's like ^^^^

anyway, i think pulling myfatass78's username into it is kind of a reach. lots of people have names like "loser89" or "ieattoomanymuffinsformyowngood" or whatever. people join in whatever mood and picking a name is hard, doesn't mean myfatass78 isn't a feminist
  • LAWoman72
    tomatoey wrote: »
    I'm a woman and you all sound like a bunch of hens. Stop it

Do hens menstruate?

We need a menstruating hen gif here.

• LAWoman72
    tomatoey wrote: »
    i don't know what a bunch of hens sound like but i think it's like ^^^^

anyway, i think pulling myfatass78's username into it is kind of a reach. lots of people have names like "loser89" or "ieattoomanymuffinsformyowngood" or whatever. people join in whatever mood and picking a name is hard, doesn't mean myfatass78 isn't a feminist

Yes, we have individuals with all kinds of usernames here, and generally, they don't accuse women of being anti-womankind because they admit that their periods hurt.

• wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    This month, I was nesting on the first day of my period. I moved my twin over full bunk bed out of my room and started complete house cleaning in there.