To all the MFP MEANIES and know it alls, this is for you

Replies

• freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    I am not into Internet Warriors who "real talk" on their keyboards.

Anyhow, I wish you well and hang in there, I am pulling for you!!!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    WOW!!! I didn't read/see your first thread, but I have to say your post here shows your maturity.

Because you're willing to accept you might be wrong and are open to considering other POVs, I have every confidence you've got this. You will succeed.

I wish you the very best on your journey!!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    freechewy wrote: »
    I am not into Internet Warriors who "real talk" on their keyboards.

Anyhow, I wish you well and hang in there, I am pulling for you!!!

2A5FNBL.gif

• faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    You are amazing!! I am so happy to see this. You, my friend, are leagues ahead of many, many people here, because you have accepted that YOU are responsible for you. This thread should be stickied, and be the auto-response to every post where people ask for help and then get butt-hurt because they're being told the truth.

Great start to taking care of you :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    This is great! I love that you took a potentially bad situation and turned it as motivation! Kudos to you :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    You've got this!

• Holygoddess
    Holygoddess Posts: 52 Member
    Some of these photos made me laugh. Congratulations on realizing sometimes we need tough love. Myself included. When you mess up it's nifty to have someone pat you on the head but if all you get is sweet little pats nothing is ever going to change. You need to kick YOURSELF, don't rely on internet strangers to do it for you.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    cJMIaFP.gif

Never have I seen a more appropriate gif! Rolling...
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    I forgot to say well done on creating a positive head space and I look forward to reading about your success.

Good luck!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    You are going to do this. Because it is all about being honest with yourself, and you just hit it out of the park. Many of us struggled way too long with deluding ourselves and wasting a lot of time which could have been used to reach our goals. The right attitude is half the battle.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    You will go far! It's not easy to be honest with ourselves and you are learning that early.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    I still don't condone the mob mentality and ganging up on people who post here when they're at their lowest point and emotionally frayed. I think some threads devolve into mocking and LOLing right away. Some people just come here knowing nothing and looking for people with similar experiences. Good for you for coming back, but I wonder how many people never do.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I still don't condone the mob mentality and ganging up on people who post here when they're at their lowest point and emotionally frayed. I think some threads devolve into mocking and LOLing right away. Some people just come here knowing nothing and looking for people with similar experiences. Good for you for coming back, but I wonder how many people never do.

Do you actually read all the posts in the "mob" or just assume they are there to kick people when they are down? Often that "mob" shares a lot of good information that people just don't want to hear and the few actual rude voices are the ones who get the attention. We often see people seeking validation and if you don't support them then you are accused of being mean.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Well done. I wish you the best of luck!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Good on you!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    This is so great to see that someone was able to take a step back and realize that bluntness does not equal bullying. I wish more posters were able to gain this perspective and learn from the honest answers and not be put off when those honest answers are not delivered in a way that is initially appealing...

OP you should get your "Mean People Club" card in the mail in 4-6 weeks. Until then, best of luck with your goals!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Congratulations on your progress, and I sincerely hope you meet all of your goals and then some. It takes some big ones to come back and say you were wrong. You'll go far.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Denial is a strong strong thing, breaking through that is a HUGE thing. Best wishes on the rest of your journey!