• greenteafairy
    greenteafairy Posts: 15 Member
    Milk, meat, mayo, fish, and jell-o.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    beets and liver
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    A lot of you who don't like milk. Send it to me, I would live off it if I could :smiley:
  • johnjay1178
    johnjay1178 Posts: 11 Member
    Seaweed snacks.

I'm pretty much up for trying anything once. Those lasted one half a bite and went directly into the trash.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Cottage Cheese, oatmeal, liver. These are the worst.
  • joelleys
    joelleys Posts: 5 Member
    Peanut Butter - the smell - ugh.... If I buy peanut butter snacks for my daughter, I'm never tempted to eat them. :)
    Cottage cheese
    Fish
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Baked beans...
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    There are so many! Anything with the consistency of Jell-O. Lutefisk, sushi, organ meat, anchovies, miracle whip, artificial sweeteners, anything slimy...the list goes on.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member

pineapple/mango/papaya nectar-->like a tropical loogie going the wrong way.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Kale
    Beets
    Fish
    Bleu cheese
    Feta cheese
    Raw tomatoes (cooked into something is OK)
    Walnuts
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Cilantro, ranch dressing and pork.

That sounds like a delicious dinner idea to me ...

I can't stand okra. It's slimy, why would you do that to yourself?

I used to be a very picky kid and basically got by on grilled cheese sandwiches. Luckily, as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate a lot of different foods and I have a hard time thinking of ones that do gross me out.

I do hate grisly meat (like you get at cheap carnicerias), I won't do Menudo (tripe soup). Fish has to be prepared a certain way. I don't eat crawfish because I think digging out the poop vein and then using those same fingers to dig out the edibles is disgusting. I will NOT eat any shrimp that isn't de-veined. A lot of restaurants leave it in, surprisingly, so I'm always hesitant to order shrimp anything unless I know for a fact they'll take care of it.

I love mustard, olives, mushrooms, cilantro, onions, and lots of stuff other people typically dislike. I love to cook, so I tend to think that if you don't like one preparation of an ingredient, you may like it a different way.

• Leana088
    How about, anything that Andrew Zimmerman (bazarre foods America) eats... :smiley:
  • Leana088
    How about, anything that Andrew Zimmerman (bazarre foods America) eats... :smiley:
  • kissesdahling
    kissesdahling Posts: 38 Member
    Potatoes (the regular kind, not the sweet kind) and beans (like kidney beans, white beans, etc) have the texture of fur. I only eat fries/chips that are crispy enough to hide the potato-y texture. The only beans I like are like chickpeas and lentils because they haven't got that furry texture.

Mayo always made me gag as a kid, but now I like it (if the quality is good and not the thick cheap kind). Most foods I hated as a kid, I've grown into, but I don't see that happening with beans and potatoes because it's mainly a texture thing.

But to me, the worst food, both flavor and texture, like the one I really can't stand? BANANAS.

I could make myself eat potatoes and beans if I absolutely had to, and I have done many times. But bananas provoke a visceral reaction that actually makes me physically ill.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't trust his opinions. He eats things that have a "good barnyard flavor".
  • prairiegirl0109
    prairiegirl0109 Posts: 13 Member
    Fish/seafood of any kind.
    Butternut squash soup.
    Headcheese.
    SPAM.
    Raw mushrooms.
    Liver.
    Olives.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    bananas which is why will always have a bagel in my gear check bag for post race. HA
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2015
    Shrimp. I found this out the hard way when I tried to eat a shrimp egg roll despite knowing I didn't like shrimp. I wanted to see if I could acquire the taste for it, but I guess not. It's definitely the flavor, all though I don't like the texture either. Seafood isn't my thing. I don't really understand the appeal when you need to eat the critter the same day it died for it to not taste rotten.