My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• "If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way" yeah that's awesome.... Thats motivating
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Wow! Well done :) I just wondered how you workout int he evening, do you have weights in the house? If so which ones? I do kettle bells and Vipr and some weights at the gym but because I have small children I can't always get to the gym. Last time I did weights at home I was only using 2.5K weights! Is there a way to do this without spending tons?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    Wow! Well done :) I just wondered how you workout int he evening, do you have weights in the house? If so which ones? I do kettle bells and Vipr and some weights at the gym but because I have small children I can't always get to the gym. Last time I did weights at home I was only using 2.5K weights! Is there a way to do this without spending tons?

@fitfor30th I go to the gym on my lunch hour and lift. If I need to do something in the evenings it's only ever cardio, so I hire a babysitter after they are in bed or I jump rope outside.
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Wow! You look amazing!!! You have so much to be proud of!!
  • Denise297fit
    Denise297fit Posts: 18 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Wow great transformation for sure and story,
  • You are an inspiration indeed !!
  • jmcgentle
    jmcgentle Posts: 5 Member
    AMAZING! Dips with a plate between the legs?? Serious business!!! You look (and must feel) absolutely phenomenal!!
  • What an inspiration!! What do you eat?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    What an inspiration!! What do you eat?

@jessicadeanhr My food diary is open. I generally fill my protein up first, try to add some fruits and vegetables (I don't really like either of them though) and then eat something I really enjoy just to make sure I satisfy my sweet tooth. Some days I do great at balance and other days I don't do as well.
  • dpgalbreath
    dpgalbreath Posts: 26 Member
    There is something about divorce as a wake up call for a lot of us, or maybe when we are stymied in a bad marriage taking on another stresser seems impossible. Either way, congratulations! You look great and and you got a degree and your own house, plus you have two children to care for. Your will power is incredible. Great job
  • jsmn1
    jsmn1 Posts: 10 Member
    I kept going "wow wow wow" at every picture hahaha. I'm happy for you, this is amazing and honestly inspiring. Great job!
  • DayRHutch
    DayRHutch Posts: 3 Member
    So inspiring!
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    :) Amazing!
  • happykelly209
    happykelly209 Posts: 29 Member
    Beautiful story and pics! CHEERS!
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Looking good
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    What an inspiration!! What do you eat?

@jessicadeanhr My food diary is open. I generally fill my protein up first, try to add some fruits and vegetables (I don't really like either of them though) and then eat something I really enjoy just to make sure I satisfy my sweet tooth. Some days I do great at balance and other days I don't do as well.

If you were in Texas I'd marry you. hhehehehe Congrats!
  • ChicagOH
    ChicagOH Posts: 75 Member
    I see your ex did you a favor by creating his absence : ). Very impressive transformation!
  • DanieleIsBatgirl
    DanieleIsBatgirl Posts: 14 Member
    You look beautiful and your story is so inspiring! Congrats! :smiley:
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Amazing - you look so much younger and really healthy. So positive that the training has made the difference - working hard for it rather than starving yourself. You look and sound so strong. Woohoo!
  • rlwest60
    rlwest60 Posts: 16 Member
    Keep Up The Good Work Battle. Disabled Vet here also...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!