Fitness Challenge Maybe?

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Diane - I added you to the group. Yes we will continue to post here so everyone can get the benefit of the information. I'm excited to get started this week!
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Thanks J
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Just a tidbit, I did what the above poster did and requested it via my library, the book should be here in a week to a week and half! ;-) Should be fun to share what we learn.
  • jchrisman717
    Yea! I'm so happy you all are finding this information beneficial. Be sure to come back and let us know what you think of the book.

I've been posting in our FB group page for accountability. But this has been a tough week - already. As usual something gets in the way. I came down with a stomach bug yesterday but am right back on track today. I am following the 21 day fix which is a healthy, no preservative plan. So here's to continuing to figure out what works for me!
    -
  • skinny4me2be
    @chrisman717--glad you are feeling better!! :-) Being sick is no fun.

I can't wait to read the book. I'm really focusing this week on lowering my carbs and upping my protein. I can't wait to see how the rest of the week pans out. I'm finding new protein sources and such too. Like you said, finding what works for me (And for me, that I 'think' is less carbs) :-( But such is life. :-) Let me know how you like the 21Day fix. I have a friend doing that program now too.
  • AKjudy
    AKjudy Posts: 1 Member
    to late to jump on? I will send an email... just in case. : )
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Welcome AKjudy!!
  • soontobefitt
    soontobefitt Posts: 22 Member
    Hi Everyone I am currently using a Metabolic diet with MFP and so far so good..I have seen a loss of 5lbs in one week..But to be clear since Christmas I have struggled with getting back on track and before Christmas I was losing an average of 1-2 lbs per week with no solid exercise routine, just dog walking twice a day for 30 minutes brisk paced (he's a jack russell) so my diet breaks down like this oh I should mention I am 52 and 4'10"
    1400 calories broken into 6 meals
    breakfast 200
    snack 75
    pre lunch protein or fiber 50 (15 min before meal)
    lunch 400
    snack 75
    pre dinner protein or fiber 50 (15 min before meal)
    dinner 450
    snack 100
    2 hour intervals between each sitting depending on when you start.
    I visit a diet clinic about once a month covered by insurance here in Canada.
    There is little to no support from other members so I came here.
    Also food breaks down like this:
    protein 70g fat 39g carbs 193g fiber 30g
    I try to stay as close as I can to these totals and MFP is really making it easy to track....
    Sorry for the long post.
    Jchrisman717 my sympathies for your loss.
    I will check out the links you have posted .
  • soontobefitt
    Oh almost forgot please send friend requests...I am not a coach nor do I have anything to sell just lots of support and friendship...
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    OK folks... now i feel OLD... how come I can't navigate to this "secret FB page".... I do see JChrisman's(Jawona's) posts coming up on my newsfeed... but I don't see a group for us... can someone direct me? Please and thank-you!!!

Diana :blush:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Here is the group name and link....
    If you can not access this way let me know your name and I can try to add you :)

Empowered Ladies Getting Fit
    facebook.com/groups/1564053747180706/
  • soontobefitt
    Nope I cannot FB says content not found... :\
  • jchrisman717
    Welcome! I think because it is a secret group. And I think you have to send me a friend request on FB and then I have to add you. So find me on FB Jawona Carpenter and then when you friend request me also send me a message so I know you want in the group and I'll add you.

Wow - it sounds like you are doing great! I'm still having trouble getting back on track - but have posted some about it on the FB page. I'm looking forward to continuing to improve!
  • soontobefitt
    jchrisman717 Thanks and please understand I have been off track since Christmas only got back on last week MFP is amazing and you all are so supportive I have been reading the links you posted and find the information very interesting I just recently decided I have had enough and when I have a negative thought ie "my back is too sore to move" I tell the fat chick in me to "Shut the Hell UP" and carry on Not every workout is perfect but at least I am moving.. I sent you a friend request at least I hope it's you...my real name is Jeanette Agnew
  • skinny4me2be
    I got the ME book from the library yesterday. Started reading it..have to get through all the Fluff to get to the meat of it. Just took the quiz and that's as far as I got. Hoping to pull some information out of this to help me along my journey. How is everyone doing on theirs?
  • Debradotbzy
    Debradotbzy Posts: 9 Member
    Has anyone started the plan and is willing to share on MFP? The first week I read this I did strictly calorie deficit - 500 per day and lost nothing. Second week I started implement the walks and diet recommendations (except proteins shakes, just no) and lost 2 pounds (only because of water weight from carb reduction). Third week down a pound again. I am having difficulties balancing my macros but working on it.
    -
    I am 59 years old, 5'-4", two years post-menopausal, PCOS.
  • AussieDragonfly
    AussieDragonfly Posts: 19 Member
    Loving this conversation totally what Im dealing with
  • skinny4me2be
    Just wondering if there are any updates from anyone? Anyone trying the ME diet? What changes have you made?

• jchrisman717
    I have not got the ME book. I've been following the 21 day fix plan which is a healthy balance of macros and doing pretty good at it this last week. I've had so many ups and downs the last 6 months. Death in my family. Feel and hurt my knee and broke my little finger, etc. etc etc. It just seems like there's always something going on. But as of last week I've been trying to get back to healthy eating, balance my macros and implementing the recommendations that I got from the website. Its been a challenge to get back to eating more veggies and protein and less carbs (processed) foods.

Debra - how are trying to balance your macros? Did you set up MFP for macros or are you just following the recommended calorie deficit?
  • skinny4me2be
    Well, I had my physical today. My doc told me I gained 10lbs since my partial hysto (Ehem! I already knew that!!)...and told her I was so frustrated as I track what I eat, what I burn, I exercise 6 days a week plus I'm on the move all the time. She said that we have to remember when we were little we were stick straight, when we go through puberty we gain curves, when we go through peri-menopause / Menopause our curves move to our middle--ha ha. I showed her all my stats. I should be losing that 10lbs and then some. So she ordered up a blood panel and thyroid test to rule out anything but expects it to be normal and signed me up for a dietician again. She wants me to show her all my numbers so they can help me adjust things. SIGH!! I'll be doing that next Friday! Hope to get the blood work back today or tomorrow.