not loosing weight for athlete - sorta

Hello all I am not loosing any more weight. I am not fat. i am actually fit
i am male 37 5'7 weight is 173.2 lbs or 78.56 kg
i am athlete with into cycling and xc skiing. However i been trying to get weight down to 165lbs but seem to plateau still. not sure what is wrong

here are my stats from my scale
17.1 body fat - is that too much fat?
68.9 - body mass
56.4% of water

I been doing a diary of eating and excercise for a while now.
what am i doing wrong? suggestions and all the help i need on this please and thanks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I noticed that you measure almost everything in cups, so you may be consuming more than you think you are (in terms of calories). You also have things like 1 chicken breast -- so those aren't measured at all and you can know for sure how many calories they are.

For things like your sandwich, you have an entry for a homemade ham and cheese sandwich. Did you create that receipe? If you chose it from the database, you have no way of knowing what type of bread and how much cheese and ham the person who created it was thinking of -- so it may not be close to your sandwich at all.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Inaccurate entries (no sodium for oatmeal?), no sign of weighing items, generic entries for meals out of the database, missing days...you're eating more than you think.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101#latest
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited March 2015
    depending on what your measurement units are in. 22% BF% (17.1/78.56) is the 17.1 is kgs. Low to mid teens is a good figure for a male athlete. if the 17.1 was BF% then not much more to go, or if the 17.1 is in lbs, you are already about 10% BF%.

I would suggest setting a goal to lose 0.5lbs/week, lift heavy things, get enough protein. Weigh all solid foods and measure liquids so you know how much you are actually eating.
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    ok thanks ya my food data base is more in the generics,