Dr Hyman's 10 Day Detox?

Replies

• freezemarine
    freezemarine Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2015
    Did you it? How did you do? Did it help you change your eating habits? I am interested in it because I've been eating a lot of premade foods.
    My mom said I should read this book about eating healthier and doing a 10 day detox. I've read some of it so far and I decided to give it a shot. I was in the grocery store for a good 2 or so hours making sure I had all the ingredients lol. Anyway I really think it can benefit me because I am a terrible eater. I can't seem to go a day without Dunkin donuts coffee or eating some kind of junk food. I just made the almond strawberry smoothie and it's not bad. I'm just very interested to see what will happen or not happen doing this diet. I do turbo fire/turbo jam every day with occasional Rockin body (but it just feels too easy so I'm not that into Rockin body). Has anyone tried this detox and what were your results and thoughts on it??

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hahahaha... Hymen.... yes, I'm a child.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    My dad used to do this detox - it was called dialysis and he did it because his kidneys were not working properly anymore.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    Believe me you are not alone.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member

Indeed.

Wouldn't you change your name? Or at least insist people pronounce it wrong (looking at you Boehner)?
  • sunburntgalaxy

Indeed.

Wouldn't you change your name? Or at least insist people pronounce it wrong (looking at you Boehner)?

While my name is not an issue, I live on Breasted Ave. People always try to pronounce it some weird way when they say it - Breeasteed is a popular one. I am always like no, it is Breasted, as in Dolly Parton is large breasted. We looked at houses in the same subdivision on Nash and Wells but no, it has to be the house on Breasted that we ended up with.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    There's a reverend here whose name is Harry Nipple.

We also have people with the last name Boob here.

Yup. I always enjoyed filling Rev Harry Nipple's prescriptions when he'd come into where i worked when i was in college. Lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member

I remember once there was a Dr Hyman thread and a Dr Poon thread on the same page. Gigglez.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Is there any chance Dr. Hymans first name is buster?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Dr. WHAT?!
  • mommacansing
    mommacansing Posts: 2 Member
    yikes, joined the thread because I was diagnosed with colities. This detox has made me have a "normal' life now for7 days. I was hoping to find a few people who are exeperiencing the postive results I am having, not to mention the weight loss and inches lost. The Detox was meant to be a starter to a more permanent eating lifestyle. It's real name is more like Blood Sugar Solution, however I am using it to cure my gut.... successfully this far.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    yikes, joined the thread because I was diagnosed with colities. This detox has made me have a "normal' life now for7 days. I was hoping to find a few people who are exeperiencing the postive results I am having, not to mention the weight loss and inches lost. The Detox was meant to be a starter to a more permanent eating lifestyle. It's real name is more like Blood Sugar Solution, however I am using it to cure my gut.... successfully this far.

I'm glad you're finding relief from your colitis by eating foods that don't aggravate it, but you don't need a "detox" to help that.

Also, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever do a "detox" of any kind*, because we have organs that detox for us.

*Except for drug addicts.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the Hyman jokes... :trollface:
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    This is years later..Haha. But meh, I read the book and liked it. I don't get everyone's problem with it. It's not like a juice cleanse. You are eating real food and getting rid of things that your body can have negative reactions to, like dairy etc. For me, I'm on day 3 and it's hard but I feel like it's worth it and this is the longest I've stuck to any kind of healthy eating plan. I say if it works for you AWESOME. Screw the people who are negative. If they don't like it, they don't have to do it. It's not like you can't have fast food ever again, its 10 days of making your body less addicted to junk. It's not all that new of an idea, but I personally like having a specific plan and think the book is worth it. I didn't even pay for it, just borrowed it. Its a good guideline at the very least and good motivation.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Definitely go ahead and do the detox. You'll feel so much better when you release the hold sugar and other crap has on you. Your body does not naturally detox. These people are wrong. What they are saying is like telling an alcoholic to "just drink less, you'll be fine" NO. You need to break the hold these toxic foods have on your body.
    Your mother is right. Isn't she always? Doncha hate that?

You have never met an addict. Alcoholics become PHYSICALLY addicted to alcohol. People who like sugar .....merely like something a lot.

Physical withdrawal symptoms for alcoholics...
    Whole body: shakiness, sweating, or loss of appetite
    Behavioral: agitation, restlessness, or irritability
    Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
    Also common: fast heart rate, tremors, anxiety, disorientation, headache, insomnia, nervousness, or seizures

Does your body shake when you don't eat sugar for 24 hours? Do you start vomiting? "Addiction" can be a popular buzzword....something to soothe yourself with. I'm not responsible because I'm addicted to sugar.....it's not my fault because I'm addicted to sugar. I love sugar.....I am fat because I eat too much. My being fat is MY fault. I am responsible.