Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    wrote:
    I walk in my sleep and eat while I am doing it. Very depressing to wake up to that.

This is me. I wake up to the evidence. Wrappers. Spoons with traces of peanut butter.
  • imamama4three
    imamama4three Posts: 36 Member
    I ate a whole box of hot tamales for lunch yesterday. I wanted to stay in my calorie goal but still eat candy. That was my extremely healthy solution. :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I ate a whole box of hot tamales for lunch yesterday. I wanted to stay in my calorie goal but still eat candy. That was my extremely healthy solution. :)

Are these the same thing as Red Hots? Because I just ate $0.75 worth of these from the little machine down the hall. Now I'm all shaky from too much sugar. :(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Neonbeige wrote: »
    I feel like a cheat about my profile pictures (here, on FB etc.) because they are so flattering and sometimes when I look in the mirror or a glass window I look like a total different person.

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most beneficial things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

My question/fear: which face do others see? The good mood or the bad mood one? Am I seeing myself more attractive when I am feeling good or am I seeing myself uglier when I am in a bad mood? What the hell do I look like?

Shall I go and see a therapist? :-D

I look vastly different in photos than in real life, but in the opposite direction -- I look significantly better (I hope!!) in the flesh than I appear in photos.

And I don't think it's entirely wishful thinking on my part because I've had people look at photos of me and ask, "Who's that?" or squint at it and say in disbelief, "That's YOU?"

A lot of it is just down to lighting and angle anyway... incandescent light is more flattering than fluorescent, dim light even better, lol.

Plus onlookers are viewing you through their own filters anyway, so they're not getting a neutral perspective.

No therapist required.

I read somewhere that if you saw yourself, really saw yourself, you wouldn't recognize you. You don't actually know what you look like because you've only seen pictures or reflections. That kind of blew my mind and I wonder if it's true that I wouldn't recognize myself through different eyes.

I don't recognize the person my SO claims to see through his eyes, apparently she's MUCH better-looking than I've ever seen myself... that's as close as I can get.

Or he's delusional. Lol.

I hear ya! My husband says I'm beautiful and I just don't know who he's referring to because I don't ever see that woman. I would someday like to meet his delusion apparition.

That have been a few times that I've seen a picture of myself and thought "DAMN! I look HOT!!!" : :p

• katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    betsysjl wrote: »
    I count kegels as a workout.
    Just hearing or reading the word 'kegels' makes me immediately start clenching. I'm like the Pavlov's dogs of exercise.

+1
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    ShellF415 wrote: »
    I get really annoyed with anyone using "my" treadmill at the gym.

I'm like this with my parking space at work.

Confession: My husband went to one of my favorite fast food places for lunch yesterday and I told him I hated him. I was only half joking. I've asked him not to go to two specific places for lunch because they are my favorite and if he goes at lunch, he won't want to go for dinner or on the weekend. The places are Chick-fil-A and Firehouse Subs. Is it too much to ask that he not go to 2 places when he goes to lunch every freakin' day and I don't go but once every 2 weeks or so?! And neither of those places are close enough for me to make it to and back and still have time to eat.

Firehouse Subs is one of my biggest weaknesses. I could eat there every day, no problem!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I feel like a cheat about my profile pictures (here, on FB etc.) because they are so flattering and sometimes when I look in the mirror or a glass window I look like a total different person.

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most benefical things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

My question/fear: which face do others see? The good mood or the bad mood one? Am I seeing myself more attractive when I am feeling good or am I seeing myself uglier when I am in a bad mood? What the hell do I look like?

I look vastly different in photos than in real life, but in the opposite direction -- I look significantly better (I hope!!) in the flesh than I appear in photos.

And I don't think it's entirely wishful thinking on my part because I've had people look at photos of me and ask, "Who's that?" or squint at it and say in disbelief, "That's YOU?"

A lot of it is just down to lighting and angle anyway... incandescent light is more flattering than fluorescent, dim light even better, lol.

Plus onlookers are viewing you through their own filters anyway, so they're not getting a neutral perspective.

No therapist required.

I read somewhere that if you saw yourself, really saw yourself, you wouldn't recognize you. You don't actually know what you look like because you've only seen pictures or reflections. That kind of blew my mind and I wonder if it's true that I wouldn't recognize myself through different eyes.

Side note: Sometimes I think I look pretty decent in the mirror then I go to take a picture and I look like a double-chinned troll. I hate mirrors and cameras. They're pathological liars.

i have a feeling that if i saw myself id ask myself out on a date

i confess : id date a clone of myself....
  • tiahna64
    tiahna64 Posts: 2 Member
    I LOVE this thread!

Confession #1: I have read everyone else's confessions (seriously, I've read this entire thing!)

Confession #2: I poop at work - not even ashamed. Girls gotta go when a girls gotta go!

Confession #3: I live in England, therefore I have no idea what half of the treats are that you guys love so much, but I REALLY want to try them!
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    I don't eat before Pilates because I am to lazy to make sure it's something that won't interfere with my workout. ( I work out after dropping the kids to school) The Cobra pose always makes me want to puke if I have eaten to close to my work out.
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    I've been standing literally for 18 mins in front of the ice cream fridge since this will be my cheat meal and I want to get it right...I would get very upset if I find a flavor that doesn't make me feel guilty enough..... Do I have issues?????
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    I drink a glass of wine and eat chips 4+ times a week........
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    I've been standing literally for 18 mins in front of the ice cream fridge since this will be my cheat meal and I want to get it right...I would get very upset if I find a flavor that doesn't make me feel guilty enough..... Do I have issues?????

Also I'm the girl standing next to you at the grocery some in front of the freezer for that amount of time, for that exact reason. If I could have it my way it would be wine chips and ice cream! LOL
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    I love melted salted butter. :s
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    Confession: I can't tell my family (beside boyfriend) that I am eating healthier and exercising. They would make fun of me, when I being up the subject.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

It´s like I have two faces (depending on my mood or whatever) or when looking in a mirror sometimes my brain tricks me into only seeing my chocolate side automatically and only sees the most benefical things about my face in the best light...half an hour later in a window or even worse on a picture others made it´s completely different.

No therapist required.

I don't recognize the person my SO claims to see through his eyes, apparently she's MUCH better-looking than I've ever seen myself... that's as close as I can get.

Or he's delusional. Lol.

I think mine is. That or I just got really lucky.
  • afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

No worries. You can color grey.
    My poor son is 20 and has been going bald for a year. His hair is half gone. :(

I started finding grey hairs when I was 23. The worst part is I can't colour my hair, it won't hold any dye and ends up looking like straw within a couple weeks (doesn't matter if it's permanent, demi- or semi-permanent). The most recent time I did try to colour it, it didn't cover the grey anyway. :'(

Aw, dang. :(
    I've been coloring my hair since I was in my late 20's. I'm 41 now and have no idea if there's any grey under there or not. I don't wanna know!

i was 10 yr old when i got my first grey hairs. woke up one morning with a big patch of grey, from root to tip, about 4 inch long and inch wide. got a bit of stick at school for that but not too much.
    been getting steadily greyer ever since, although now at 42 i am about 50% grey.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »

With lobster or straight?

Confession to add to the redhots lunch above^^. I sometimes eat Lemon Heads in place of a meal. Don't necessarily plan to replace the meal with them, but once I've hit the 200 calorie mark I figure I might as well.

55835802.png

• Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

No therapist required.

Side note: Sometimes I think I look pretty decent in the mirror then I go to take a picture and I look like a double-chinned troll. I hate mirrors and cameras. They're pathological liars.

Well I don't know about that. I have an identical twin sister... and the first thing that caught me off guard when I lost weight is how much I looked like her (she was thinner than me, now it's the other way around).

But maybe it's different when you grow up with a double of yourself.

So I have to ask, does your SO find your sister attractive? I think I would find that a bit odd.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    sodakat wrote: »
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »

With lobster or straight?

55835802.png

Straight.... I will be making rotis for my husband, and butter it with the whole stick and I'll lick the top. I'll also heat a pan, butter it with the stick and lick the melted butter on the top of the butter stick. I hope that makes sense. It's bad....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

No therapist required.

Well I don't know about that. I have an identical twin sister... and the first thing that caught me off guard when I lost weight is how much I looked like her (she was thinner than me, now it's the other way around).

But maybe it's different when you grow up with a double of yourself.

So I have to ask, does your SO find your sister attractive? I think I would find that a bit odd.

Excellent question. He answered like I expected him to - smirking and not saying anything.