Good ways to use protein powder?

Hey all! I've just purchased my first bag of Vanilla whey protein (from bulk powders) and was looking for some ways to use it! Obviously theres straight drinking it, and putting in smoothies, but how about things like pancakes and such? Anyone got any good recipes? Also, has anyone got any good smoothie recipes that I can make from the following ingredients I have available?

I have bananas, pineapple, kale, greek yogurt, and frozen berries :smile: any good combinations out of them? taaaaa all :blush:

Replies

• Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    I add 1/2 scoop to my oatmeal for breakfast and 1/2 scoop to plain Greek yogurt for my evening snack. This mixed with fruit is.... Yum!
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    I add 1/2 scoop to my oatmeal for breakfast and 1/2 scoop to plain Greek yogurt for my evening snack. This mixed with fruit is.... Yum!

Ohh! I LOVE greek yogurt, I have it most days mixed with granola and a bit of honey, perhaps I'll add it into that! :yum:

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    I add it to my yoghurt, to the milk in my cereal, to my oats, and to cottage cheese.
  • KateParker01
    KateParker01 Posts: 33 Member
    Have a look on the bulk powders website, they have a section called the Core(tm) which is full of recipes. I like their protein jelly recipe in particular. But I also second the advice to add a scoop to Greek yoghurt, makes it really thick and creamy and super satisfying.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    One scoop of peanut butter, and one banana. Blend it up. Excellent breakfast material.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    yogurt + vanilla protein + warm fruit.

it's fracking delicious. best thing EVA.

sometimes I put it in pancakes- but honestly I'm lazy- that's to much work- I pretty much exclusively eat it through Greek yogurt or mixing with milk/almond milk.
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Yum yum YUM you guys all sounds lush! :yum: haha I love my food too much, will try out some ideas over the next weeks, starting tonight after my workout!
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    My go to is: 1 scoop chocolate powder, mix with milk to make a sort of thick gloopy texture then nuke for 45-60 seconds, depending on how gloopy it is. Makes a kind of warm souffle/mousse type dessert which is lush. Sometime sprinkle some PB2 on top as that makes it slower to eat and feels more filling (I'm a piggy and eat fast)!

Oh - 115 calories per bowl.