The end of diabetes/Eat to Live

Options
I am diabetic and I am getting ready to read The end of diabetes. Does anyone know if I need to read Eat to Live first, or can I just read The end of diabetes and start from there? I really need to get started on one or the other. My A1C is really high and I am doing damage daily to my body. Thanks for the help!!!

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a copy of Eat to Live and I feel it is such an important book. However, if Dr. Fuhrman wrote a book about the end of diabetes and you have that condition I would recommend starting there. Eat to Live is available in my library and I originally borrowed it from there, so you might find it at your library and consider reading it after the diabetes book. Great approach to look to Dr. Fuhrman to help you find ways to reverse your condition and I wish you the best of success.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you have the book The End of Diabetes and you have the condition, you should start there. (Oh, how I wish my mother would read this and actually follow it!) If I know Dr. Fuhrman's writing, he will make a complete stand-on-its-own book that holds everything you need to know about controlling diabetes. If you want to continue learning about excellent nutrition, then a copy of Eat To Live and/or Eat For Health will be icing on the cake!
    By the way, I have lowered my fasting glucose from 120 (pre-diabetic) to 71 by following Dr. Fuhrman's eating plan. I have also lowered my blood pressure from 176/92 to 110/60 as well as lowering my weight from 184 to 135. I'm very happy to recommend this way of life!
    Good luck to you!
  • nikirtehsuxlol
    nikirtehsuxlol Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Looking at the contents of The End of Diabetes, it looks like Dr. Fuhrman devotes chapters to SAD (Standard American Diet), the "high protein/low carb" discussion, and "Nutritarian Diet in Action" so looks like it's a well-rounded book and stands on its own.

Run on sentence.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options