What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    dimeda78 wrote: »
    I'm not embarrassed to wear shorts that don't come to my knees.

This was a real victory moment for me also. Congrats!
  • ACKlug
    ACKlug Posts: 26 Member
    larryc0923 wrote: »
    How it has inspired others especially some family and friends.

Absolutely seeing this! Started a trend among family members, 4 have joined a gym now!
  • TriciaCh
    TriciaCh Posts: 15 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

This one is so me now! I've also had several people start asking me when I'm going shopping for new clothes.. the old ones are getting pretty baggy... that feels so good!

An unfun thing.... now I hate my upper arms... they are so floppy... I never noticed them when they were just huge.. but down 25 pounds and now I notice them. I'm 58 and am hoping I'm not so old that the skin isn't elastic enough to tighten up.
  • cariie
    cariie Posts: 6 Member
    + That it can be an emotional roller-coaster. Some days you are happy with yourself and other days you get upset because you ate too much or you don't look right or you haven't lost any weight this week, etc. Learn to ride the roller-coaster and don't get off.

+ That it won't magically fix all your problems. In fact, some of my "problems" have come more in focus because of the time and energy I have spent on myself and not "others."

love this. so true

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    cottony wrote: »
    How it won't make you self confident magically and suddenly,but you will actually have to work for it harder and longer than the weight loss itself.

Excellent Insight!
  • momof04qts
    momof04qts Posts: 10 Member
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

Wow!! I didn't realize that's why I go on the handicapped stall.

Holy moly I never realized that either. I always pick the handicapped stall. Can't wait tol I lose enough to not do that anymore!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!