Proud to be overweight!

Now, before you ask yourself "What's this fool talking about??!!", let me explain.

On July 29th, I weighed in at 275.5 pounds, and my BMI was a whopping 39.45. That was the day I decided to really push forward with losing weight. I was in the dangerously obese zone (in fact, 5 days later I hit my peak of 276.2/39.55, which is the heaviest I've recorded myself.

So I pushed on, exercised, ate differently, and so on...

Last night, December 12, I weighed myself. I'm down to 208.6 pounds, which I'm happy about, but more importantly, my BMI is now 29.86, which means that technically, I'm no longer 'obese', but simply 'overweight' :laugh:

So I guess, if someone stopped me and said, "Dude, you're overweight!", I'd say "Thank you!"

Now on to Goal #2 - "Get under 200lbs" and Goal #3- "Hit my ideal weight"

Replies

• psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Now, before you ask yourself "What's this fool talking about??!!", let me explain.

On July 29th, I weighed in at 275.5 pounds, and my BMI was a whopping 39.45. That was the day I decided to really push forward with losing weight. I was in the dangerously obese zone (in fact, 5 days later I hit my peak of 276.2/39.55, which is the heaviest I've recorded myself.

So I pushed on, exercised, ate differently, and so on...

Last night, December 12, I weighed myself. I'm down to 208.6 pounds, which I'm happy about, but more importantly, my BMI is now 29.86, which means that technically, I'm no longer 'obese', but simply 'overweight' :laugh:

So I guess, if someone stopped me and said, "Dude, you're overweight!", I'd say "Thank you!"

Now on to Goal #2 - "Get under 200lbs" and Goal #3- "Hit my ideal weight"
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss! That is so awesome! Keep up the good work and keep going for your goals!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Congratulations! And before you know it, you'll BE at your goal weight!!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Awesome! Congratulations :drinker:
  • That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • That's great! I look forward to being overweight too!:wink:
    ~Mel
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    You are an inspiration for me, I just joined after hitting my all time high of 253! I am in the obese zone myself and was inspired by a woman I work with who lost 170 pounds with diet and exercise. Hang in there!
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Congratulations! :happy:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    way to go :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Good job Santa!!! hehe Ok... I know it is Santacruz and I even roll the rrrrr..:laugh:

You are doing such a great job!
    0002020B.gif
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!!!
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Good job Santa!!! hehe Ok... I know it is Santacruz and I even roll the rrrrr..:laugh:

Wow, that's great! I don't even roll the R!

Thanks for all the kind words. I really wish I had known about this commmunity from the very beginning. It's helpful and inspirational, and I know it will help me drop the remaining 40lbs that I want to lose.

Good bye, 'Obese', just passing through, 'Overweight', on to 'NORMAL'!
  • Great job keep up the good work , water, water,water:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    That's so great for you & so inspirational to others. Congrats on being overweight!! Keep up the awesome work! :flowerforyou:
  • :laugh: .You had me going for a while there...I was like, I gotta read this!...Keep up the good work...I hope to be over weight at least by February...:smile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465

Not only am I always immensly inspired by your weight loss seeing as we are one of few men in a sea of inspirationl ladies, but I feel like I am in your shoes a year ago. I am currently down to 289lbs with a BMI over 40. and that is down from 319 a month ago. Your success continues to be an inspiration to me and I look forward to being overweight myself. Cheers to you :drinker: and to us boys on the journey.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    psantacruz
    Huge congrats on the loss and healthy changes..... hard work sure pays off! :drinker: Your thread topic makes sense to me now...... I knew more than likely there would be a hidden meaning.... :wink::laugh: Just glancing at your profile pics... can really tell in your face...course that's all I can see but sure can tell you've been workin your tail off:noway: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick

Not only am I always immensly inspired by your weight loss seeing as we are one of few men in a sea of inspirationl ladies, but I feel like I am in your shoes a year ago. I am currently down to 289lbs with a BMI over 40. and that is down from 319 a month ago. Your success continues to be an inspiration to me and I look forward to being overweight myself. Cheers to you :drinker: and to us boys on the journey.
    Way to go on the lbs. lost Spyguy:drinker: You're doing great:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    You are an inspiration for me, I just joined after hitting my all time high of 253! I am in the obese zone myself and was inspired by a woman I work with who lost 170 pounds with diet and exercise. Hang in there!
    Well then welcome to you:flowerforyou: Great place to be if you're looking to make lifelong changes in health.......... we love our new folks:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Great job keep up the good work , water, water,water:drinker: :flowerforyou:
    hee hee hee...there's one of my NW girls! water water water INDEED!:bigsmile: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!