After pregnancy

I am 25 & on a journey to get back in shape. Before my husband & I had our baby girl I was 142. Currently 207. kva25x788rzk.jpg
Who else is on this journey?

Replies

• keepon09
    keepon09 Posts: 10 Member
    I am. My little one us 6 months old now. I am 200lbs now and i was about 180 before. I am 5 foot 8.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    She's beautiful! It took me 3 years to motivate myself to lose the baby weight after my daughter was born, then I went back to school and gained it all back. Now I'm here, doing it again. You can do it, it will take hard work and dedication but it can be done. Congratulations on the little one
  • Thank you ladies, are you dieting or taking anything? I am currently breastfeeding & I use to take diet pills & C4 to boost my energy for the gym. But I can't I'm breastfeeding
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    I have a 2 month old and am breastfeeding. I need to lose around 70 lbs, but I'm just dipping my toe in my right now. I'm too afraid that cutting calories will effect my milk supply.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Congratulations!

I'm going to jump right in here with something that might not be relevant, but I think is very important... in your journey remember to focus forward, and not on the old 'pre baby body' concept. Your body is amazing! You have a baby!

I don't want to ramble too much but I guess I'm saying... don't focus on previous weights or shapes. Don't benchmark yourself against history- love your body for what it can do, and has done. You have a new lifestyle, new priorities- embrace those things, take care of yourself. Embrace the new possibilities your body has as a result.

Just a subject I am passionate about. Yay babies!
  • Me too! First time trying. To be honest I've had to take Mother's Milk (target tea section) because my milk was cutting back & the tea helped extremely. I advise to try it, it's healthy too. I'm pumping 7oz now.
  • savvyfantastic I agree with you but When I know what my body is capable of why not do it? We all have goals & should strive for them
  • m15moxg55w8t.jpg
    Face difference
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    I think the thing I'm having the most trouble with is my baby wanting to sleep on me all day. I've been trapped on the couch for the last 10 weeks and it's really taken a toll on my knees.

I bought some Mother's Milk tea, just haven't gotten around to making any.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    I have a 2 month old (and a 2 year old, 4 year old, and 6 year old). I gained over 40 pounds during my pregnancy, blah! I'm down 27 pounds since baby was born (17 pounds since starting MFP again). I'm happy with my progress so far! After losing the baby weight I still want to lose another 30 pounds. Feels a little overwhelming!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    I just had baby 2 on March 11th. I gained about 50lbs this pregnancy and have around 100ish I'd like to lose in total. I was a runner and I've been itching to start c25k again..
  • Bowsergirl I don't know how to put them on a schedule I got lucky that she sleeps through the night.

Victoria_1024 great job! Sound like you have it in the bag.

Brunettewife I know your pain, on the same boat. I was a gym freak & feel stuck. But we can do it.
  • mis_linzi
    mis_linzi Posts: 16 Member
    I had my boy just over 2 months ago.... I put on aprox 70lbs during pregnancy.... I knoo!! It was the first time in my life I didnt care at all what I ate... And I took full advantage!! Now i have too loose this baby weight because summer is coming and I really want to be able to wear cute clothes. I was pregnant last summer!!! Also I really just want to be in better shape. I find I am pretty lazy alot of the time and I want to be healthier for my family :) Sooo my progress is this -- weight was 201lbs-- Current weight 155lbs--Pre pregnancy 135lbs
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Congratulations!

I'm going to jump right in here with something that might not be relevant, but I think is very important... in your journey remember to focus forward, and not on the old 'pre baby body' concept. Your body is amazing! You have a baby!

I don't want to ramble too much but I guess I'm saying... don't focus on previous weights or shapes. Don't benchmark yourself against history- love your body for what it can do, and has done. You have a new lifestyle, new priorities- embrace those things, take care of yourself. Embrace the new possibilities your body has as a result.

Just a subject I am passionate about. Yay babies!

• megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    I totally agree! and i dont know how to respond to peoples replies, LOL
    but your body changes SO much when you have a baby. I have 3 and I am so far away from what i used to be before i ever even got pregnant. Better than ever though!
    We got this!
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Ditto on that, I just had my third and am far away from what I was pre-babies, 165 before, 215 now. I may never make it back to where I was but I'm just doing what I can.

I have used mfp after each pregnancy, I track all my food and log breastfeeding. Helps me track gettung enough food so my milk supply doesn't drop but helps me monitor that I'm not snacking too much, esp by the end of the night. I have noticed that when I am consistent I see good results.