Baby Weight!! Need support!!

Options
I'm 7 weeks postpartum and very frustrated. I had 2 babies back to back. They're 1 year and 9 days apart. I feel like I've been pregnant for 2 years. I was always so active, but due to my fear of another miscarriage I stop everything except for walking. I have to drop 26 lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. It feels like such a daunting task. Juggling 2 babies, cooking, cleaning, and everything in between. I'm usually exhausted by 9pm, when will I find the time and energy to be my active old self.

Replies

• rexyrox
    rexyrox Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't worry honey you will find the time. I know it seems hard but it is what you make it. I too have a busy life ... I just had my fourth child. I find it easier to just do one task at a time. Incorporate your children into your work out - dance in the kitchen with them while making dinner, do squats while folding laundry etc. it seems impossible but it can be done. In 7 weeks I have lost 15 pounds. I find it amazing that after being preggers for two years you only need to lose 26 pounds. You already have half my battle done!! Just take it one day at a time and those pounds will melt away!! Good luck busy mama.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It gets better. You're only 7 weeks postpartum! That's but an eye blink. :) The task seems daunting because you DO have a lot on your plate.

My advice to you (as a mom of two) is to try not to stress about your weight. Try to get lots of sleep and enjoy your tiny babies. If you feel like you need to do SOMETHING, then maybe try to do lots of walking with your tiny people. Getting outside will be good for all of you (if the climate in your area is amenable).

I know it is trite, but it took you 9 month to grow a baby. That is a big deal! Allow your body some more time to recover and catch up to your new life.

Congrats on your new little one.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Oh, and your last question... I started to feel like my old self once both my kids really started eating and sleeping well... So when my youngest was about 3
  • MissEstherA
    MissEstherA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all you suggestions! I have to remind myself that I need to be patient! 15 lbs in 7 weeks is great!
  • MissEstherA
    MissEstherA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Katiebear_81... We just got the perfect double stroller to be able to go out on long walks with my little ones. I love the outdoor, always have
  • EBelcher13
    Options
    I also had to kids back to back they are ten months apart. They are one and two. I weighed 140 pre pregnancy and was a size 5-6 now im 158 and a size 10-11 and im ready to shed these pounds also. It wasn't a major to do on my list when my kids were smaller but now im more than ready(: