Need more friends!

Hey I am a college student just trying to be healthier! I need more friends for motivation and so I don't get bored and delete the app. Plus, I am an exercise science major so I can sometimes offer some good advice!

Replies

• jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Superb major! Had a fascinating discussion last week about whether you can lose weight and not muscle mass...jury is still out on that one.
  • I would think it depends on how you're losing the weight. But if you're just trying to lose fat and not muscle I say do low intensity work outs for longer durations.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Wow. Great major! My first day of lecture, I was told NEVER to tell anyone that you're a Dr. or Psychiatrist (especially on an airplane)! My guess is that you telling people in MFP that this is your major is akin to that. lol
  • MissEstherA
    MissEstherA Posts: 7 Member
    Sweet! I'm just getting started and also need a support system. Good luck with your major!!
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Well were in the same boat. I set a goal for myself to reach by July. One is to look leaner and be at a certain weight and the other is to complete an Ironman 70.3 in October. I feel that with a set goal, I stay motivated. Been hitting the gym and cardio hard and this app is definitely keeping me on the straight and narrow when it comes to my over eating habits. Set a goal to attain and it will keep you from getting bored. And if your like me, turn it into a bet with someone else and it makes it that much more competitive and exciting.
  • Never had anyone tell me that haha. They actually want us to talk about it since there are so many people out there who claim to be experts.