7 days A Week?

Just curious, how often does everyone work out? 5 days a week? 7 days a week? And do you work out first thing in the morning before eating anything? I have heard that this is when optimal fat burning occurs. Thanks everyone!

109912.png

Replies

• weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Just curious, how often does everyone work out? 5 days a week? 7 days a week? And do you work out first thing in the morning before eating anything? I have heard that this is when optimal fat burning occurs. Thanks everyone!

109912.png
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    I have heard that's the best time to work out also. But personally, I feel like I need to eat something for some energy, and let it digest a little, before I work out :huh:

Oh and I work out usually 5 days a week, but with the holidays and being busy, I work out 3 days a week with an indoor bike trainer. Also, 2 times a week I do strength training.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    I do some form of cardio 6 times a week (most weeks) and strength training I was doing 3 times a week but have backed off that a little to focus more on cardio. Not sure if thats such a great idea or not, I have heard that strength training boosts the calories you burn during cardio...? I also do my workouts in the morning after I have something small to eat for energy. Cant do any exercise on an empty stomach, thats never worked well for me.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Here is my fitness plan:

Pilates (20 minutes) - Every day
    Cardio (20 minutes) - Every other day ***To clarify, I would recommend more cardio, thats just as much as I can do before it starts causing damage - I have an injured leg, which I hope to get fixed by next Tuesday so that I will be able to do more sustained walk/jogging.
    Strength Training (However long it takes) - Every non-cardio day

So yes, I exercise 7 days a week. If I miss a day (hasn't happened yet) I just start back up with the rotation.

In terms of the time I work out, I do it right before I eat lunch - 12:30. This is not so coincidentally the time my 15 month old goes down for a nap. :wink:

And there is a lot of contention over the best time to exercise. This article explains it rather well:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/diet.fitness/05/27/exercise.time/index.html

I follow the belief that exercise is excellent, regardless of the time of day.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    MON, WED, FRI I do a 3mi run/walk combination and do some weights for upper body
    TU, THUR I walk 2.5mi and do 20 min pilates
    I exercise first thing in the morning. If I don't it won't happen.
    If on the weekend it's nice out and I take a walk it's bonus. I am currently using a treadmill till spring.

If I miss a day now & then I don't worry about it. I just start back up the next day.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    I have a 6 day work week, 5 of those days I work 12 hour shifts. I work 9-9 Mon-Fri so I workout 7AM-8AM Mon-Fri.

I don't workout Sat or Sun. Those are my days off work AND my days off working out. ;)