Tam's Story!! :)

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I was going to skip my workout until I read all the posts in this thread. You are an inspiration to me and so many others here. Awesome job! :heart:
    Thank you!!! :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    :love: :smooched:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    :flowerforyou: You are a Super Star.
  • arewethereyet
    I started on MFP 6 months ago and Tamtastic was my first friend request. You are such an inspiration to us all! Your lovely smile makes for a great wake up call in the morning!

Thanks Tami

:love: :heart:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Tami has taught me that is ok to eat things like rolls and still lose. She has taught me that no matter what life throws at me that I can handle it without the comfort of food. She has helped reinforce the tools that this site has given me. When I have an emergency and end up at Chilis instead of Fridays, she helps me off the ledge and points me in the direction to the guiltless grilled chicken. Tami, Tami, you are so fine, Tami Tami, so glad you're mine.

yada yada yada, sish coom bah......

Thank you.

that is all.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    WOW!!
    Congrats Tam on your amazing adventure! Like most people have been saying you are a huge motivation to help us get to our goals which could be only a couple pounds to hundreds of pounds!
    Keep up the fantastic work! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Thanks you guys!!!! :cry:

AWTY, I didn't know I was your first friend! That's so cool!! :flowerforyou:

:heart:
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    You are simply amazing girl! When you first started out, did you ever think that you'd be able to do it? I am so impressed with your success :drinker: :love:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Thanks for sharing! I love to hear from you.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465

My grandmother (my moms mom) died at age 49 and my own mother died at 50 (in 2000).

There is too much life to live and I want to enjoy every minute, especially for my little boy and his future family.

My father's failing health is a huge reason for this serious lifestyle change. And I want to be here for my kids as long as I can. I am so happy for you success and I look forward to my journey down this road. :bigsmile:
  • laurs
    laurs Posts: 37 Member
    hey tam! I have 8 lbs to go, pretty close to what you have left. have you found the last few lbs hard? it's been hard for me even though i've followed MFP. i was wondering, what cals are you at and how much exercise are you doing now? as well, are you currently at a healthy bmi? my feel like my body is not wanting to lose anymore and it's a bit discouraging at times. any advice to share (I will keep persevering though! no giving up now!)

Thanks so much for your incredible story! you rock!
  • Thanks so much Tam for sharing more of your story with all of us. If you wonder how much your presence is appreciated on MFP take a look at the hits or views of your story 2,220 as of 11:00 p.m. west coast time. All I can say is WOW !!!
  • TamTastic
    hey tam! I have 8 lbs to go, pretty close to what you have left. have you found the last few lbs hard? it's been hard for me even though i've followed MFP. i was wondering, what cals are you at and how much exercise are you doing now? as well, are you currently at a healthy bmi? my feel like my body is not wanting to lose anymore and it's a bit discouraging at times. any advice to share (I will keep persevering though! no giving up now!)

Thanks so much for your incredible story! you rock!
    Ironic you say that! LOL I am on a plateau going on 2 weeks now!! GRRR! LOL!

I knew these last few lbs would give me a hard time. And yes I am in a healthy BMI which is probably why any weight I do lose is going to not only take awhile but take extra hard work!! :grumble:

Oh well!! LOL! It's all good!!!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Tam ROCKS!!! speedmetal.gif
  • TamTastic
    Tam ROCKS!!! speedmetal.gif
    LOL! Thanks Kellch! I just saw this!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    reading again for more inspiration! You are awesome!
  • arewethereyet
    You are like sunshine on a cloudy day!!

The Queen of MFP!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    When it's cold outside...I got the month of May...

:bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    I guess you'd say......what can make me feel this way....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I-- guess-- you'll-- say-- what-- can-- make-- me-- feel-- this-- way????????
    (oh, don't get me started Mrs. Beans-- I'm a singin' fool!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!