The Real Way!!

Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
On Nov 20th I was under 200lbs but the way I got under 200 was tricking the scale which I learned on someones post on here. Weighing yourself that way is not accurate so I went back to weighing myself normal and this morning I hit 198.6!!!!!!! I am so excited and got ready and worked out!

Replies

• Sweettart
    On Nov 20th I was under 200lbs but the way I got under 200 was tricking the scale which I learned on someones post on here. Weighing yourself that way is not accurate so I went back to weighing myself normal and this morning I hit 198.6!!!!!!! I am so excited and got ready and worked out!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Great job!! I have no idea how to "trick" the scale but every pound gone is awesome!! You are on your way!! Keep up the great work!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Way to go - I am getting there 3.2 to go....
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    How do you cheat the scale?
  • Sweettart
    You hold onto the wall with both hands then put your right foot on the scale very slowly then the left and then let go of the wall. I find there is a 4lb difference from just getting on to taking it very slow! To me just getting right on is more accurate so thats what Im doing!
  • chrissyh
    is that a digital or analog scale? If I am too slow on mine it gives me an error
  • Sweettart
    It is a weight watchers digital scale. It tells you your weight, body fat, bone mass and hydration level
  • chrissyh
    maybe I need a new one! Mine's a cheapy from walmart
  • Sweettart
    I got it from my bf last year for xmas and love it!!! Get one, its worth it!
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    I just joined today, this is a great site - I have been to many of them over the years and I am very impressed with the tools here. I have 100 pounds to lose. There is a woman where I work who lost 170 pounds with diet and exercise. It took her 1 year. She is going to be interviewed on The Today Show next week. I am so motivated by her experience - she was bigger than me when she started and now runs marathons and looks about 30 years younger! I am recommitting myself to this goal of getting fit. This has been a life-long isse for me, I have tried everything from electroshock to Optifast. I refuse to do surgery, so it has to be the real thing. Hope I can find someone else here on this site who has as big a goal as me or who has been successful in losing the big pounds.

I totally understand about tricking the scale! LOL - Congrats on being under the dreaded 200 mark, I wish I was there!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    The only trick I know is psychological. Your 1st weigh in is at 6 pm fully clothed.

Then the 2nd week you weigh at your forever time. 1st thing in the morning, after potty and in undies.

That is what motivated me to continue after that 1st week.
  • Sweettart
    mpdpratima: Trust me you WILL get there be patient! We are all here for you to keep you going! Yes this is an amazing site I couldnt do it without some of the support of some very special ladies on here. Once I hit my goal weight I to will have lost 100lbs. I just take 1lb at a time, or set mini goals for example: Im going to lose 10lbs, 10 times!
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Sweettart,
    Thanks for writing. I had a great day, exercising and staying on target. I really appreciate all the positive support everyone shares. Your advice is good, to cut this into chunks. Your photo can't be current if you have 100 pounds to lose! Stay strong!
  • Sweettart
    Well I had lost 50lbs about a yr and a half ago and then gained 30 back so now Im back to losing. My weight when I started losing back in 2005 was 230, got down to 180 and then back up to 212. I am 202 today (bad weekend). Once I get to my goal weight of 130 I will have lost 100 in total!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!