• CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Spectacular! So inspiring!
  • Sarahsteed92
    Sarahsteed92 Posts: 26 Member
    Truly amazing, congrats:)
  • juhishringi
    juhishringi Posts: 79 Member
    Supeb u look awesom....realy very beautiful....I am too inspair by ur story ....
  • rakshithk
    rakshithk Posts: 10 Member
    Truly Inspiring :smiley: Congrats :)
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Wonderful achievement. Congratulations!
  • philasaurus_rex
    philasaurus_rex Posts: 2,340 Member
    Awesome story and love the flesh paint!
  • Emmafiremama28
    Emmafiremama28 Posts: 650 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Good job !!!!!! Doing an amazing job !!
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    I do not usually read success stories, but decided to read yours today. I am so glad I did. You look absolutely amazing!!!!!
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing and You look awesome! Way to go!
  • Inspirational
  • Nice job... Good for you...
  • Wow that's amazing I love your transformation
  • designsbyshante
    designsbyshante Posts: 2 Member
    You go girl ! B)
  • Mmachi99
    Mmachi99 Posts: 59 Member
    wow, quite an inspiration!
  • Wow , you look great ... Great ink too
    Well done , hope I can get there
  • WOW! You look amazing, big inspiration!
  • mildollarsmile
    mildollarsmile Posts: 41 Member
    WOW just absolutely amazing. You're such an inspiration!!! Every time I need some inspiring I look this up!!! Rock on girl!!!
  • leximarie3
    leximarie3 Posts: 34 Member
    Love your story! You look amazing!!! :)
  • amw212s
    amw212s Posts: 11 Member
    Were you in the Marine Corps? I saw the USMC mp and thought you were an MP.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    amw212s wrote: »
    Were you in the Marine Corps? I saw the USMC mp and thought you were an MP.

Yes. The name is United States Marine Corps Military Police. I served as military police in the Marine Corps for five years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!