Any feel their head has shrunk after weight loss?

This may kind of sound crazy, I do know I've certainly gone down a shoe size, but my old hats no longer fit me too well, they no fit tight and they sometimes fly off, like they are now all too big for me now.

Replies

• jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Actually I've seen the opposite mostly on here.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    jt880 wrote: »

Har!

I have some old hats that never fit well and now fit or are bordering on too loose. The notion of scalp fat is... odd. But if you consider losing some fractional amount of fat around the entire circumference of your head, it makes sense.

Do you wear rings? Are they starting to slide around?
  • the_raptor
    the_raptor Posts: 24 Member
    When you lose weight properly, you lose it for all over, that's just how it works!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    My head is most certainly shrinking. I have a big head as it is due to being born with Neurofibromatosis, but there is a lot of fat on my scalp/upper neck. I've noticed my sausage neck has become more of a cocktail weenie than the bratwurst it was in November.
  • NYBalbowa
    NYBalbowa Posts: 34 Member
    My head is most certainly shrinking. I have a big head as it is due to being born with Neurofibromatosis, but there is a lot of fat on my scalp/upper neck. I've noticed my sausage neck has become more of a cocktail weenie than the bratwurst it was in November.

:D
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Yup. At some point my glasses started sliding off my nose, loose around the sides of my head. And ditto on the shoe-size loss. It's kind of amazing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Yup. And my eye prescription changed. My eyesight improved! Don't know if it is related.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    I had to tighten my bicycle helmet by a couple of notches which doesn't make sense to me. I guess I had a fat head!
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    My neck is definitely smaller, but I am not sure about my head. I guess we'll see when I put my ball cap on at spring training this weekend because I haven't worn it since last March!
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    I did not know that fat feet were a thing. I hope I go down a shoe size.
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    I can't wait until my neck is smaller. My necklace's wont look like chokers. I'm excited for hip bones and collar bones!!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2015
    I can't wait until my neck is smaller. My necklace's wont look like chokers. I'm excited for hip bones and collar bones!!!

Did you measure your neck when you first started losing weight? I'm glad I did, as I know for sure my neck is 1/2 inch smaller in just 2 months! Collarbones are sticking out already so hope the hipbones aren't too far behind!
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    I look like a human bobble head
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 443 Member
    Spiderkeys wrote: »
    This may kind of sound crazy, I do know I've certainly gone down a shoe size, but my old hats no longer fit me too well, they no fit tight and they sometimes fly off, like they are now all too big for me now.

Absolutely. Right now my glasses keep sliding down my nose, the never used too!

My face was always very round, now it is not and I actually have cheekbones!

I had fat under my jaw, now its all but gone.

I used to have a crease around the back of my head that has now disappeared.

I was quite shocked by just how much was on my head to be honest!

• paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    jt880 wrote: »

hahaha my head got bigger (figuratively) and i'm thinking remained the same size, literally. i have cheekbones and all, but the overall size of my face is big, making it look like i have a huge head in a petite body boo
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    that and i cant make a double chin without having to squeeze or really force my head to look down
  • jt880 wrote: »

ROFL!!

Same here ... I feel like I have a fit slim body and a Bobble Head stuck on top on my shoulders at certain angles.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    If there is fat in your face then yes I guess it would shrink.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    My neck is smaller, but not so much my head. What did surprise me is that my feet got smaller.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    MFP members actually get brain swelling out the yazoooo!

I personally have no brains any more as the fat cells depleted so did my brain cells....OL