If every day was like today ... In 5 weeks you'd weigh ...

MFP might tell me I'd weigh 156.5 in 5 weeks "if every day was like today" but for some reason when I have "every day like today" for 5 weeks, I end up weighing 156.4. Something's not working here. It sucks to be on the other side of 50 where nothing seems to work. Tomorrow's another day.

Replies

• creasys_bean2011
    creasys_bean2011 Posts: 41 Member
    Honestly, I don't think you should base your success on whether or not you hit that "if everyday" goal. My current goal is to spend less time watching the scale and more time focusing on my non scale victories and my measurments. My weight hasn't changed very much, but my waist is down quite a few inches, I feel great, and if I listened to that "everyday" goal I'd be way more let down then I am.

Don't lose hope or focus too much on that!! Good luck!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    129.5lbs.
    Even though my goal weight is 140lbs. I'm currently 144.2lbs, so I ignore five week guesstimates.
  • ardiamckenzie
    ardiamckenzie Posts: 7 Member
    csteuter wrote: »
    MFP might tell me I'd weigh 156.5 in 5 weeks "if every day was like today" but for some reason when I have "every day like today" for 5 weeks, I end up weighing 156.4. Something's not working here. It sucks to be on the other side of 50 where nothing seems to work. Tomorrow's another day.

Am I missing something, maybe I'm tired and reading it wrong but wasn't MFP correct (only out by .1)
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    My dad died so I am stress eating (no excuse, just fact and choice I made).

At current day, I would gain weight.

My dad was full of "piss and vinegar" so I guess I am too. I will NOT gain that weight back.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Ummm, I think that went right over some people's heads :wink: Congrats on the success!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Every day is never the same - it's one of the "stupider" messages on this site.
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Doesn't have a disclaimer on it anyway? Saying it's only a guide or something? Plus, from the looks of it it was accurate for you. 0.1lbs is like a glass of water or something.
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member

Am I missing something, maybe I'm tired and reading it wrong but wasn't MFP correct (only out by .1)

I meant to imply that I only lost .1 pound but stated it wrong. Should have said I started at 160 and now weigh 159.1 instead of the 156.5 I "should have" weighed.
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    The five weeks statement is the only thing that keeps my eating under control. It shows you the long term consequence of eating "just a little extra".
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    There are other factors that go into that number, like exercise and how much you move around in general during the day. That number will never be the exact same number everyday. I really don't put too much stock into it since it's more of a motivational tool. I look at is as saying "Keep it up, you are headed in the right direction".

If you are stalled out I recommend posting on the General Diet & Weight Loss Help board that you are not losing and ask people to take a look at your food diary for logging inaccuracies. The people who have been around for awhile are really good at finding what may be wrong and give guidance on how to improve on logging. Just make sure that your diary is set to public so they can see it.
  • ardiamckenzie
    ardiamckenzie Posts: 7 Member
    MFP might tell me I'd weigh 156.5 in 5 weeks "if every day was like today" but for some reason when I have "every day like today" for 5 weeks, I end up weighing 156.4. Something's not working her:). It sucks to be on the other side of 50 where nothing seems to work. Tomorrow's another day.

I meant to imply that I only lost .1 pound but stated it wrong. Should have said I started at 160 and now weigh 159.1 instead of the 156.5 I "should have" weighed.[/quote

Are you losing weight through diet and exercise, if so it could be that you are losing fat and in it's place building muscle, which weighs more. I would suggest using the tape measure more than the scales in that case as it will give you a more accurate reading of your inches lost